13 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Sure if everything goes perfect. Getting the ball last before half is not guaranteed. Im just saying for this game SCORE. Get a lead and stay in front. Even when they tie the game your still in command by scoring again. Thinking KC can put pressure with just the front 4, even against a lousy oline, has proven not be be reality. KC needs a lead to take some chances with blitzing and eventually knows the other team must pass to catch up. I have never bought into the BS stats that say KC defense is good at anything. Against top QBs and top offenses they get lit.  I expect they will in this game as they did last time these two teams met. 

no, everything doesn't have to go perfect. 

6 hours ago, reesebobby said:

There are actual meaningful reasons to defer. Adrenaline helps defenders and hurts offenses. Crowd noise is louder to start the game. Wind dies down later so picking a goal gets less important.  If we play well joe burrow is in too deep. 

Yep force them to drive down and score all hyped up.   They get a score...no biggie.   They don't.....that sets the precedent for them to press if we do.   Always defer.  

21 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Yep force them to drive down and score all hyped up.   They get a score...no biggie.   They don't.....that sets the precedent for them to press if we do.   Always defer.  

I can't remember the exact number but because of bathroom and concession lines at halftime, arrowhead is like 35 percent empty to start the 2nd half

In the past NFL was more of a field position battle so receiving of deferring made a lot of difference based on the game strategy. Nowadays with the offenses scoring so easily I don't think it makes that much of a difference. I personally like the idea of defense starting the second half with some extra rest while the offense tries to build a rhythm for the critical part of the game. However for a dominant offense starting the game ahead could disrupt all of the opponent's game plan and get them panicking early on.

10 hours ago, reesebobby said:

The chiefs won the toss 10 times and deferred always. Those first series:  They gave up 2 touchdowns. Scored 2 defensive touchdowns. Gave up a field goal. 4 punts and a turnover on downs. That's pretty good. 

History vs opponent.  Im sure KC changed many tactics and strategies based on the opponent. 

11 hours ago, reesebobby said:

The chiefs won the toss 10 times and deferred always. Those first series:  They gave up 2 touchdowns. Scored 2 defensive touchdowns. Gave up a field goal. 4 punts and a turnover on downs. That's pretty good. 

I like when KC defers. I like having the ball coming out at half for two reasons. 1. If we are ahead we can build the lead. 2. If we are tied or behind, we have the first opportunity to score points. I am nervous as hell especially when we are behind when we don't get the ball first. 3. The other reason I like it is because its not how you start a game but how you finish....and the above two points I made help set up the 4th quarter. 

I re watched the first half of the chiefs Bengal's match up last night. Few things.

Both teams went 3 and out on first series. 

Both TD by Bengal's were a result of the drive being extended by 2 - PI calls on Fenton. 

We had a 1 - sack on each of there first two possessions. 

And if anyone is wondering...I didn't catch a steelhead yesterday but it did calm my nerves about our defense . Will try again this weekend. 

1 hour ago, AFCWEST said:

History vs opponent.  Im sure KC changed many tactics and strategies based on the opponent. 

I will make you this bet.  If KC wins the toss they will defer.  I will give you 10 trillion dollars if I lose and you have to rub Xen's bunions for 5 minutes and paint his nails if I win. That's a pretty good deal for you, I'd take it.  

17 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I will make you this bet.  If KC wins the toss they will defer.  I will give you 10 trillion dollars if I lose and you have to rub Xen's bunions for 5 minutes and paint his nails if I win. That's a pretty good deal for you, I'd take it.  

I dont care. Yes they will defer. They always defer. Its simply my opinion which like yours is of zero value. Not sure why you feel so compelled to convince me other wise? Enjoy the game.

Just now, AFCWEST said:

I dont care. Yes they will defer. They always defer. Its simply my opinion which like yours is of zero value. Not sure why you feel so compelled to convince me other wise? Enjoy the game.

IDGAF about convincing you of anything.  I was replying to your trying to convince me an hour ago that they would be changing tactics because this is the almighty Joe Burrow and his band of ruffians.  And you were quoting me and my reply conversation with Mex.  So get off my ass. 

1 minute ago, reesebobby said:

IDGAF about convincing you of anything.  I was replying to your trying to convince me an hour ago that they would be changing tactics because this is the almighty Joe Burrow and his band of ruffians.  And you were quoting me and my reply conversation with Mex.  So get off my ass. 

LOL

23 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

dont argue with Mr Garrison

1 hour ago, Holmes4six! said:

I like when KC defers. I like having the ball coming out at half for two reasons. 1. If we are ahead we can build the lead. 2. If we are tied or behind, we have the first opportunity to score points. I am nervous as hell especially when we are behind when we don't get the ball first. 3. The other reason I like it is because its not how you start a game but how you finish....and the above two points I made help set up the 4th quarter. 

I re watched the first half of the chiefs Bengal's match up last night. Few things.

Both teams went 3 and out on first series. 

Both TD by Bengal's were a result of the drive being extended by 2 - PI calls on Fenton. 

We had a 1 - sack on each of there first two possessions. 

And if anyone is wondering...I didn't catch a steelhead yesterday but it did calm my nerves about our defense . Will try again this weekend. 

I hope we draft a solid CB in this draft. With Fenton you have to worry about the PI's because he rarely turns his head around. With Hughes, you have to worry about him getting flat out beat or just giving up on the play. 

I wish Spags/Reid would go back to Sneed on the edge with Fenton in the slot. I like that better. Plus it doesn't put as much pressure on Fenton to get into position to turn his damn head around. I'm sure he'll be flagged for a couple of PI's during the game.

1 hour ago, artsy said:

I hope we draft a solid CB in this draft. With Fenton you have to worry about the PI's because he rarely turns his head around. With Hughes, you have to worry about him getting flat out beat or just giving up on the play. 

I wish Spags/Reid would go back to Sneed on the edge with Fenton in the slot. I like that better. Plus it doesn't put as much pressure on Fenton to get into position to turn his damn head around. I'm sure he'll be flagged for a couple of PI's during the game.

I like that. Fenton in the slot. Yes.

8 hours ago, reesebobby said:

how you gonna know if he really painted xen's nails?

If I were you I'd make sure he changes it from the usual pink, so you'll be able to tell.

13 hours ago, xen said:

Burrow does pretty well vs the blitz so not really an optimal strategy.

Our problem that game was overblitzing when we didn't have to, as we were getting consistent pressure with the line to the point that Cincy started speeding up their throws in the 2nd half.  Consider that it was a zero blitz that essentially gave up the last long pass to Chase on 3rd and forever.

CJ by himself had 5 pressures + 2 sacks, plus several other QB hits and runs defensed, all while Cincy was busy sliding protection and double teaming him all day.

But Ingram, Clark and Reed also got in on the action and had multiple pressures.

Our problem was more shit tackling and blitzes not landing, allowing Chase to go wild.

Hell we even got pressure with 3 rushing when they had Reed covering the flat.

We can get pressure with their OLine.  It's an awful line.  We can blitz selectively, but not at the expense of an extra guy in coverage on Chase.

Yes yes and yes