Afccg thread

I put this on Andy Reid. The play-calling was crap, and Mahomes tried to do too much with what he was given. Andy Reid needs a tattoo that says in all caps run the damn ball! There were big swaths of the game where they weren't using Travis Kelce either. Kelsey and McKinnon are the two that should have won this game.

2 minutes ago, Calichief said:

More things change, the more they stay the same.

amazing 4 years. Sadly, only 1 Super Bowl to show for it.

rough day 

Thats the toughest part, we officially wasted mahomes rookie deal window. Best qb of all time and barely squeaked out 1 superbowl . Now we gonna have herbert, aaron rodgers, and if deshaun watson ends ip in vegas i wont be surprised 

Just now, SEMO said:

Cinci wanted it more.  Tip the cap.  Mahomes made some really stupid mistakes.  

They have to get a legit #2 receiver, that can get open.  Mahomes had all day to throw and no one could get open.

It also helps if the defense has to respect the run, which Reid just refuses to do. 

Just now, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Thats the toughest part, we officially wasted mahomes rookie deal window. Best qb of all time and barely squeaked out 1 superbowl . Now we gonna have herbert, aaron rodgers, and if deshaun watson ends ip in vegas i wont be surprised 

With the talent so heavy in the afc, it’s going to be hard to get back to a super bowl.  

Just now, sith13 said:

Screw the #2 WR, they need a playcaller that's going to run the ball. Otherwise who cares about a #2 WR. In fact giving Reid another toy to play with may just be enabling him for the worse.

I just don't understand guys??? Why wont Andy stick to the runn when its working??

1 minute ago, Joe_Chief said:

I put this on Andy Reid. The play-calling was crap, and Mahomes tried to do too much with what he was given. Andy Reid needs a tattoo that says in all caps run the damn ball! There were big swaths of the game where they weren't using Travis Kelce either. Kelsey and McKinnon are the two that should have won this game.

Hill didn't even have a target until the end in the second half, Kelce was barely utilized. Yet Reid found a way to throw the ball to anyone that doesn't know what to do with it. 

1 minute ago, artsy said:

I just don't understand guys??? Why wont Andy stick to the runn when its working??

May be trying to prove that his weird plays will work to whomever cares about that? I don't think he realizes that those things make him look lucky as opposed to the right plays which would make him look smart. 

Just now, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

With the insanely talented group of young AFC QBs, defensive backs must be the highest priority. 

I disagree.  Cincinnatis line sucks out loud and we couldn’t get to burrow and close the deal. It doesn’t matter how good your dbs are if you can’t rush the passer.   

2 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Screw the #2 WR, they need a playcaller that's going to run the ball. Otherwise who cares about a #2 WR. In fact giving Reid another toy to play with may just be enabling him for the worse.

1 minute ago, moons314 said:

It also helps if the defense has to respect the run, which Reid just refuses to do. 

Preaching to the choir.  But, Reid is Reid.  He ain’t changing.  So, they better get receivers that can get open, besides Hill and Kelce.

Well they're gonna talk about the Bengals, but this loss is all Andy Reid!! How in the fucking fuck do you give up a lead like that?? 

By throwing the fucking ball on numerous 2nd and 3rd and shorts....when the defense knows exactly what you're doing. 

I watched the replay of Mahomes we he fumbled and we almost ran out of time.   None of the WR could get open.   They ran into each other’s spaces snd some just stopped running.   Hard to complete something when it’s so congested.   Had we run on 2nd and goal we would have at worst gained nothing and had 3rd and 4.   I believe we woulD have gained two and that opens up a ton of plays on 3rd and goal from the two.

Finally, we don’t run routes like other teams and throw bigger guys open.   The down side to having smaller wrs.   We don’t run slants either.   Just a maddening performance.    And after that first three and our after half I got that feeling like I’ve had rhe past 30 years as a Chiefs fan.  When you know it’s coming but refuse to acknowledge it.   We won the coin toss and couldn’t. Covert one first down.   Two balls to DRob and a deep double covered Hill on 3rd.   

Im at a loss.   Missed opportunity for Mahomes and crew.   Aren’t guaranteed getting here and being up 21-3 is inexcusable.   I don’t care if they fire Spags and EB.   Both aren’t good.

Just now, NCChief said:

I think Mahomes tried to do too much too late. Coaching was a big ? Defense is overpaid as hell. Give Cincy credit though but I still say f'em. This one hurts but maybe it'll help grow the team. Last week was our Superbowl and I'll never ever forget that game!

It’s happened before.  When receivers start dropping balls, I feel like Mahomes tries to be too perfect and compensate for them, and it spirals.