Afccg thread

14 minutes ago, Calichief said:

They were dropping 8

no one was open 

it’s ok to run the ball. Even in overtime 

Lol...yup. Dropping 8. 

Cincy was dropping 8 in the middle of the field on 2nd downs. Why??

Because the knew Reid wouldn't run the ball on second downs. 

Just a terrible job of coaching. This shit reminds me of a reverse Marty ball philosophy..lol. Marty ran too much, Reid passes too much

3 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Why is it that Mahomes scrambles on almost every pass play? Shitty O Line, no pocket presence, can't read the zone since the league figured him out? 

8 dudes in coverage makes it hard to find an open guy. 
Just running the ball Would actually help pat.

it’s gonna continue until they learn to run it 

Just now, Calichief said:

8 dudes in coverage makes it hard to find an open guy. 
Just running the ball Would actually help pat.

it’s gonna continue until they learn to run it 

8 dudes in coverage. 5 O lineman vs 3 DL and he scrambles almost every pass play? I agree with run game. That's on Andy. But if we're gong to pass, why so much pressure?

6 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

All this talk about running the ball more. Though I agree, it's not going to happen. This is who Andy is. Has been his whole career. Don't see it changing. 

If he won’t run with a 28 point lead with Alex Smith who used his runningbacks a lot, he’s not doing with 5 TD Mahomes.

4 minutes ago, KCSLC2008 said:

If he won’t run with a 28 point lead with Alex Smith who used his runningbacks a lot, he’s not doing with 5 TD Mahomes.

He seemed to do it more when we had Hunt. Hunt had about 1300 yard that 1st year if I remember.  Having said that, I heard one of the analysts say Brad Childress was the one who pushed Reid to run the ball more that year.  

The way they said it, he seemed to be the only one that would challenge Reid on that. 

There are several key factors that contributed to this loss. But I'm thinking about the fact we had the ball near the goal line right before half and got nothing and had the ball at the end 1st and goal and wound up with a lengthy FG. Bad decision to let Pat try for it before half. Bad play selection to screw us out of a TD. This is on Andy.

1 minute ago, qnet said:

He seemed to do it more when we had Hunt. Hunt had about 1300 yard that 1st year if I remember.  Having said that, I heard one of the analysts say Brad Childress was the one who pushed Reid to run the ball more that year.  

The way they said it, he seemed to be the only one that would challenge Reid on that. 

Maybe the offense needs someone on staff that’s been around the league, rather than assistants who are just learning the Andy Reid way. 

22 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

All this talk about running the ball more. Though I agree, it's not going to happen. This is who Andy is. Has been his whole career. Don't see it changing. 

As I’ve said all year it’s about the timing of it. Establishing it.

I’ve never said be a run first team. 

7 minutes ago, KCSLC2008 said:

I’m sure I’m not the only one but I feel better we lost on 3rd down with Mahomes pass instead of a fumble by someone else or a missed field goal. #Rationalizing #OneoftheStepsofGrief

The thing is, we have to be able to confuse it the other defense once in a while. Run it here and there when the pass is a sure thing. 1st and goal McKinnon should have got the Rock 

Up by 18 we were running smoothly on first downs, then they drop back to coverage which is simply stupid in regular circumstances. You know that an offense will just keep running the ball on you as long as it's working and the big lead means they'll do it unless they are in a must-throw situation. However the most predictable coaching staff in the NFL simply handed the game over, I haven't seen so much incompetence by a playoff coaching staff in my entire life (which thankfully hasn't been that long). 

Can't have EB hanging around for any purpose. I think he established himself as a decent RB coach but other than that he hasn't been able to do anything. A real OC who'll both challenge Reid, as well as teach him, is a must. Otherwise we'll just keep seeing the stupid plays on offense time after time with no reasoning to back it up.

Regarding Veach and scouting they are absolutely incapable of finding offensive skill players. The best player to come in during this period is Hardman, who is basically DMC with ball control problems. The group is good at finding fatties on offense and most defensive positions. Whomever is scouting for offensive talent should be fired and definitely need to bring in decent analysts for those positions. 

12 hours ago, dhitter said:

There are several key factors that contributed to this loss. But I'm thinking about the fact we had the ball near the goal line right before half and got nothing and had the ball at the end 1st and goal and wound up with a lengthy FG. Bad decision to let Pat try for it before half. Bad play selection to screw us out of a TD. This is on Andy.

At half time  i thought Andy said it was supposed to go into the end zone or noting.. Pretty much tells me that play as a few other's were on Pat. Pat has pulled enough rabbits out of his hat to warrant a long rope but yesterday he hung himself and his team ..JMO

4 hours ago, oldtimer said:

At half time  i thought Andy said it was supposed to go into the end zone or noting.. Pretty much tells me that play as a few other's were on Pat. Pat has pulled enough rabbits out of his hat to warrant a long rope but yesterday he hung himself and his team ..JMO

Right before the half.....seems like too many things can go wrong with no TO and so little time left. Sack? INT? One of those wrong things reared it's ugly head. Andy should have kicked the FG. That in no way absolves Mahomes for his boneheaded decisions. Andy's gaffes and Mahomes' can coexist.