Get It Off Your Chest

47 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Need a stud #2 wr

and commitment to the run and chiefs will win another super bowl

chiefs are still the best team in the nfl  yet they are home 

The Chiefs doubled Chase all day leaving Higgins in single coverage a lot, and he stepped up BIG.

The Chiefs would definitely benefit from another receiving threat on the outside.

1 minute ago, BroncoStud said:

The Chiefs doubled Chase all day leaving Higgins in single coverage a lot, and he stepped up BIG.

The Chiefs would definitely benefit from another receiving threat on the outside.

It has to be the right receiver.  Our group has consisted of mostly scat backs.  We need to get that big strong possession guy with sure hands (Hill was among the league leaders in drops) , basically a wr in the mold of what Josh Gordon was before he ruined his nfl career.  Another sub 6’ fast receiver isn’t going to move the needle. 

1 minute ago, BroncoStud said:

Yea, overalll the defense played ok. If the chiefs move it at all in the second half the bengals score 17? They spent a lot of time on the field at the end. 
And the gaffe at end of first half 

I’m just as kissed as others. Here are my notes. 
1. end of first half dog shit sequence of plays and getting zero points when. U know u have ball coming out at half. 
i think mahomes said he wanted to try and Reid was going to kick FG. I think because mahomes said he wanted to go and he didn’t succeed this crushed his mojo. My opinion only. Mahomes could have throw it away too. Reid needs to tell mahomes to NO. Kick the damn FG.
2. 2nd half offense vs bengals 2 games. Same Shit. What is it they did different.? Was it because Reid passed play calling to EB in second half of both games? We’re we trying to be conservative? We need to figure this out because if it indeed was something g bengals did we will be sure to see it week 1 next season. Only 3 points in each second half in each game. Going lose every time. 
3. mahomes. RPO turnover. He has to be better. Very rookie mistake. Again was he still mentally ill from before half fuck up? There were bengals everywhere. 
4. last series on bengals 5 to score. Reid says he called the wrong play. I call bullshit. 
this is EB playcall. I also think they were flirting with scoring TD vs time left for burrow. 
5. defense line: can’t seem to wrap the damn qb up. Cost us big time. I have to say the defense didn’t do too bad overall but not sacking burrow when we needed was huge. 
6. No run game second half. We think EB if he was the one calling plays in second half he would run more. Not me. Get rid of EB right now. 
7. OT. Why is the ball going to Robinson x2? EB play calling? It’s my only explanation. 

something happened at halftime and or was the play before half really mentally fuck them up. Because there was no killer instinct from chiefs offense after the Snead INT or when we got the OT coin toss. 
you could see it and feel it. 

chiefs need to smarten up and it starts with Reid. Too nice sometimes and loyalty is getting in the way of winning games. 
they did not deserve to win this game. It’s that simple. U play like shit u go home. 
I hope EB gets the fuckin boot but that won’t happen. We need him to get a job asap. 
im pissed but now Sunday’s are open for fishing for steelhead. 

Just now, Calichief said:

Yea, overalll the defense played ok. If the chiefs move it at all in the second half the bengals score 17? They spent a lot of time on the field at the end. 
And the gaffe at end of first half 

If the chiefs had a pass rush it would’ve been entirely different on that side of the ball.  Burrow isn’t Josh Allen , yet we either couldn’t get to him or couldn’t tackle him when we did.  The chiefs are an offensive team, so you live and die with that unit, and obviously we died today, but I just can’t agree that the defense played ok.  That bad offensive line gave up a ton of sacks last week , and we couldn’t do anything. 

5 minutes ago, moons314 said:

If the chiefs had a pass rush it would’ve been entirely different on that side of the ball.  Burrow isn’t Josh Allen , yet we either couldn’t get to him or couldn’t tackle him when we did.  The chiefs are an offensive team, so you live and die with that unit, and obviously we died today, but I just can’t agree that the defense played ok.  That bad offensive line gave up a ton of sacks last week , and we couldn’t do anything. 

Chiefs got major pressure today. They just didn’t wrap up.

24 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Dang. They dropped AT LEAST 8 guys on 45% of the snaps in the 2nd half. Andy’s obsession with passing is just so weird. Even when Alex Smith was around, he wouldn’t feed the rock to the RB and would throw stupid shoulder shimmy lateral balls to bad WRs. If Andy learned balance 20 years ago, he’d probably be considered a greater coach than Belicheat.

52 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

I’m just as kissed as others. Here are my notes. 
1. end of first half dog shit sequence of plays and getting zero points when. U know u have ball coming out at half. 
i think mahomes said he wanted to try and Reid was going to kick FG. I think because mahomes said he wanted to go and he didn’t succeed this crushed his mojo. My opinion only. Mahomes could have throw it away too. Reid needs to tell mahomes to NO. Kick the damn FG.
2. 2nd half offense vs bengals 2 games. Same Shit. What is it they did different.? Was it because Reid passed play calling to EB in second half of both games? We’re we trying to be conservative? We need to figure this out because if it indeed was something g bengals did we will be sure to see it week 1 next season. Only 3 points in each second half in each game. Going lose every time. 
3. mahomes. RPO turnover. He has to be better. Very rookie mistake. Again was he still mentally ill from before half fuck up? There were bengals everywhere. 
4. last series on bengals 5 to score. Reid says he called the wrong play. I call bullshit. 
this is EB playcall. I also think they were flirting with scoring TD vs time left for burrow. 
5. defense line: can’t seem to wrap the damn qb up. Cost us big time. I have to say the defense didn’t do too bad overall but not sacking burrow when we needed was huge. 
6. No run game second half. We think EB if he was the one calling plays in second half he would run more. Not me. Get rid of EB right now. 
7. OT. Why is the ball going to Robinson x2? EB play calling? It’s my only explanation. 

something happened at halftime and or was the play before half really mentally fuck them up. Because there was no killer instinct from chiefs offense after the Snead INT or when we got the OT coin toss. 
you could see it and feel it. 

chiefs need to smarten up and it starts with Reid. Too nice sometimes and loyalty is getting in the way of winning games. 
they did not deserve to win this game. It’s that simple. U play like shit u go home. 
I hope EB gets the fuckin boot but that won’t happen. We need him to get a job asap. 
im pissed but now Sunday’s are open for fishing for steelhead. 

You want EB fired because he's a shitty playcaller. Do you have some kind of proof? I mean Reid admitted the last call at the end of the first half was his, and it stunk. But you dont buy it because...why? 

Quite a few people here have just arbitrarily decided that EB is calling plays with no proof that it has taken place, other than the fact they see him with a play sheet and see his mouth moving pre-snap. 

Reid has admitted himself in the past that he's very possessive when it comes to playcalling but you think that in the second half of the AFC Championship he just decided he wanted to be less involved? 

There's 22 years of evidence that Reid is a pass first playcaller regardless of situation. Making Bienemy the scapegoat here is just irresponsible. He wasn't calling plays. This collapse has Reid written all over it. 

This is interesting. Apparently Reid was trying to get the fees to talk s look at this but was ignored. It looked to me like a fumble with a KC recovery. Mixon didn't look like he was touched when he went down.

Could these officials be any more incompetent?

https://fansided.com/2022/01/30/joe-mixon-fumble-chiefs-bengals-fixed/

15 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

You want EB fired because he's a shitty playcaller. Do you have some kind of proof? I mean Reid admitted the last call at the end of the first half was his, and it stunk. But you dont buy it because...why? 

Quite a few people here have just arbitrarily decided that EB is calling plays with no proof that it has taken place, other than the fact they see him with a play sheet and see his mouth moving pre-snap. 

Reid has admitted himself in the past that he's very possessive when it comes to playcalling but you think that in the second half of the AFC Championship he just decided he wanted to be less involved? 

There's 22 years of evidence that Reid is a pass first playcaller regardless of situation. Making Bienemy the scapegoat here is just irresponsible. He wasn't calling plays. This collapse has Reid written all over it. 

I don’t agree with your assessment of irresponsible. I said it’s my opinion. U don’t agree oh well. U have a point about Reid’s history. 
this thread is about laying out your frustrations so I did and gave my opinions. 

1 minute ago, Holmes4six! said:

I don’t agree with your assessment of irresponsible. I said it’s my opinion. U don’t agree oh well. U have a point about Reid’s history. 
this thread is about laying out your frustrations so I did and gave my opinions. 

Right, but let your frustration be based on what actually happened. If I told you Mike Kafka called the plays in the second half and he needed to be fired, wouldn't you think that was a little off base?

Just now, Iluvhouse24 said:

Right, but let your frustration be based on what actually happened. If I told you Mike Kafka called the plays in the second half and he needed to be fired, wouldn't you think that was a little off base?

But how do we know that I’m not correct? 
reid did say what he said after the game. Do u believe it’s true or that he is just covering up? 
comparing this to one game with Kafka is not a fair comparison. 
EB calls plays. When we don’t know. 
I’m don’t think I’m off base with my opinion of how this game went. 
I get what your saying but we can agree to disagree. 

The "who calls plays" crap needs to be straightened out. Nobody knows who actually calls the plays....so nobody can be blamed. If Andy wants to call plays then don't have an OC. If he wants an OC then let him do his job and Andy just coach. I am just tired of the same old story after blowing a lead. 

3 rushers.... Let's pass. It's ridiculous. 

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

Chiefs got major pressure today. They just didn’t wrap up.

Major pressure is giving them an easy out.  They didn’t get him down, they didn’t cause errant throws, they just flat out didn’t get it done.  To make matters worse, our blitz attempts got walled off.  

Too many areas of blame to pin it on any one player or coach.  Mahomes picked the AFCCG to play the worst half of his career.  Didn't scramble when it was available, poor decisions on RPOs, acted like a rookie in selecting where to pass the ball.  Reid saw the RBs averaging 5-6 Yds./play and when the Bengals starting dropping eight into coverage, abandoned the running game.  Jones can't get the QB down when he does get there.  The defense never seems able to stop QB scrambles or runs.  For the first time, I had no confidence when the Chiefs had the ball in the red zone in the last minute.  I had no confidence when the Chiefs won the toss in overtime.  They went into the self destruct mode in the final seconds of the first half and it was all downhill from there.  I think Mahomes needs to reflect on whether he wants to make the spectacular play or keep moving the ball.

2 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

Dang. They dropped AT LEAST 8 guys on 45% of the snaps in the 2nd half. Andy’s obsession with passing is just so weird. Even when Alex Smith was around, he wouldn’t feed the rock to the RB and would throw stupid shoulder shimmy lateral balls to bad WRs. If Andy learned balance 20 years ago, he’d probably be considered a greater coach than Belicheat.

Yea man. It cost them last year in the super bowl. It’s costing them in big moments. 

28 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Yea man. It cost them last year in the super bowl. It’s costing them in big moments. 

Do you think they will ever learn from it? It's seems by now that it should sink in their skulls some.  it seems like they were doing well with the short passes, and running just enough. 

I think a lot of this is mental and they (Mahomes and Reid) just can't help it and won't stick to running the ball when needed. 

The last thing I will say: I just want them to play well. If you are going to lose, let it be like Buffalo game or even Patriots. Not this inexplicable bullshit losing where you choke or you have historically terrible execution. Andy in 9 years: blows Indy game. Blows Titan game. Loses to Pitt when they don’t even score a TD. Get boatraced by Brady. Play a darn near perfect first half, up 18, and almost not even score the entire half. It is maddening. It is heart wrenching. This whole season felt like a microcosm of Andy being dumb and players having weird ass performances.

1 minute ago, qnet said:

Do you think they will ever learn from it? It's seems by now that it should sink in their skulls some.  it seems like they were doing well with the short passes, and running just enough. 

I think a lot of this is mental and they (Mahomes and Reid) just can't help it and won't stick to running the ball when needed. 

Like @Xen has said, it’s not the Andy Reid philosophy. You don’t have to run to win in the regular season, but you have to run it in the playoffs situationally. And you have to be able to run it when they drop 8. I feel like even when they recognize the coverage, they are still going to force it. I’ll keep pointing to Tampa. They knew it, and laughed about it after. You think they would have learned then. Up 21-3, running it effectively, just keep doing it. It’s doesn’t haven’t to be stylish. They could have gone Indianapolis colts on them. Could have forced them to move down in the box. We have the oline to dominate in the run game. Hard to swallow.

Brady used the run game to his advantage. Brady was about winning and winning at all costs. No matter how. I think pat will start to learn that even more. You could see his game evolving. He looked like Brady over the Las 8 games. All the short stuff. 
learn is all you can ask, Reid hasn’t , but maybe pat will….