Get It Off Your Chest

3 hours ago, Calichief said:

Carbon copy of what  Devon white said last year. Nearly word for word. Chiefs being stubborn playing right into their  hands.

I won't lie, if Mahomes could have passed the ball and lit the Bengals up "getting rid of them" as he says I would have loved it. That wasn't the reality of the situation however, and this sucks to read. 

Playing small ball, like we did with Alex Smith was a great change up, and Mahomes was doing it well. Add to the fact that Mahomes is more talented and could make them pay when they creep back up makes this a shame. Not to take anything away from the Bengals, but the Chiefs really screwed up, and this is the vent thread. :ph34r:

I would take Eli more seriously if there wasn’t plenty of screen shots of Mahomes missing wide open players and a few TD balls to Mecole.   Mahomes played a bad half and our coaching staff was too stupid to show up and help.   

Im not so sure EB isn’t biding his time to be the HC here.   Easy to go into job interviews and demand the world knowing if you don’t get what you want you get daddy’s Bentley when he retires or chokes on a cheeseburger.

Andy needs some fresh blood and new insights on offense.   

In summary, the chiefs offense is predictable at critical times. At most times. With mahomes it is still going to work and work well nearly all the time. The nfl is cyclical. It has been a passing league for a few years but teams will deploy this tatic of 8 in coverage a lot to neutralize big passing teams and force them to run it.

im not advocating for the chiefs to be run first. Or run heavy. But I have said it multiple times, the threat of the run has to be there. More importantly, take the run when it’s there. That’s all they had to in the two biggest games of the last two years.

two times now, we have heard from the winning teams that they knew how kc would operate with the pressure on. They knew the pass was coming. 
With mahomes at the helm, it’s going to work more often than not. But I’d say the chiefs could have won the last two Super Bowls if they were simply willing to change the game plan even a little. Just once come out and show something they don’t expect. All this, makes mahomes that much more dangerous.

chiefs have to change it up just a little.

Traditional hand off runs, I want to see more, but we do pass the ball plenty to set up a run out of the back field. If we took the number of screens or balls passed at or behind the line of scrimmage, I bet we would see plenty more 'runs' from our offense. I do agree, I wish we would line up and pound the rock traditionally at times though. The play action would be deadly......

3 hours ago, Calichief said:

Now I’m pissed. Chiefs should have rolled these teams

I didn't watch the entire game but watched some in the second half and been through the highlights. We should have easily won the Bengals game and then win the SB with a reasonable approach. Especially the Rams seem to be weakest at our strengths.

8 hours ago, sith13 said:

I didn't watch the entire game but watched some in the second half and been through the highlights. We should have easily won the Bengals game and then win the SB with a reasonable approach. Especially the Rams seem to be weakest at our strengths.

Yea, that's all I was thinking was how we should be there. However, you know as well as I know, that OBJ and Kupp would've probably set SB recieving records against us..cause that's how we roll..LOL.

At least the Bungals lost. I was really dreading a whole offeseason listening to pundits "cock job" Joe Burrow as the new "Air to the Throne" now that Brady is gone. 

3 minutes ago, artsy said:

Yea, that's all I was thinking was how we should be there. However, you know as well as I know, that OBJ and Kupp would've probably set SB recieving records against us..cause that's how we roll..LOL.

At least the Bungals lost. I was really dreading a whole offeseason listening to pundits "cock job" Joe Burrow as the new "Air to the Throne" now that Brady is gone. 

yup

1 hour ago, artsy said:

While I'd like to think the Chiefs would have won if they got there, I agree with you. OBJ getting hurt early really hampered the Rams.