Andrew Wylie

I don’t even know what to make of him anymore. But he impressed me this year. He made a ton of progress. 

do we want him as our RT next year? I don’t know yet. 

i definitely think he has earned a spot now. If we do bring in a RT I think Willie is our new younger and cheaper Remmers. Can play either guard or tackle. And is valuable in that role as a swing backup. 
but he also showed very well as the starter at RT. But I do believe he can be upgraded. 

i just don’t know. 

27 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Should probably be offered a low contract with the intention he is a backup guard or right tackle with the idea if he has to start at rt it wouldn’t be the end of the world

You are prohibited from giving opinions on offensive tackles until you have to go out there and fill in for one for an entire game. 

1 hour ago, Palangi said:

I don’t even know what to make of him anymore. But he impressed me this year. He made a ton of progress. 

do we want him as our RT next year? I don’t know yet. 

i definitely think he has earned a spot now. If we do bring in a RT I think Willie is our new younger and cheaper Remmers. Can play either guard or tackle. And is valuable in that role as a swing backup. 
but he also showed very well as the starter at RT. But I do believe he can be upgraded. 

i just don’t know. 

I would say our  RT position is  up for competition.. whatever happened to Naign (sp?)  Did I miss something?

I wouldn't write Wylie as our starter but having him around as a rotational guy could be very useful as he seemed to have done a decent job filling in. Even though his interior OL performance is dubious it still gives some versatility which is always useful to have for a team suffering so many injuries at the OL.

51 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I would say our  RT position is  up for competition.. whatever happened to Naign (sp?)  Did I miss something?

Tore his patella tendon. That is a good year recovery. I would say the patella is a worse injury than the ACL. 

I like Niang and think he has the ability to lock the RT down. But until he can come to camp in good shape and show he can stay healthy (those two probably parallel each other) he can’t be relied upon

47 minutes ago, sith13 said:

I wouldn't write Wylie as our starter but having him around as a rotational guy could be very useful as he seemed to have done a decent job filling in. Even though his interior OL performance is dubious it still gives some versatility which is always useful to have for a team suffering so many injuries at the OL.

I’m in a similar camp in that he is out future Remmers. Can play tackle or guard. Can be the swing backup. Which is valuable. But comes at a cheaper price than Remmers. 

4 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

when bull rusher trey hendrickson beats you around the edge when you have help inside because they are only rushing 3 yes. Mahomes shouldn’t have had to be dodging hendrickson and hunbard in the 2nd half when they went into max pass defense dropping 8

He will when he takes a 5 step drop out of shotgun. That’s more on the QB. 
it makes the hoop much more elongated. And hard to beat him there back pedaling when the DE is running forward

1 hour ago, Palangi said:

He will when he takes a 5 step drop out of shotgun. That’s more on the QB. 
it makes the hoop much more elongated. And hard to beat him there back pedaling when the DE is running forward

Thats a good point, but mahomes is the qb, and he isn’t going anywhere, and he likes to drop way back and scamble. So while you are technically correct, it simultaneously highlights the need for a more athletic guy at tackle for our specific situation.

Wylie can play multiple positions and be for the most part serviceable.  Last year I thought he was terrible but he held up surprisingly well at RT.  I’m not throwing money at him and giving him the starting job next year, but he’s a solid insurance policy to have at #2 on the depth chart at multiple positions. 

6 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Wylie can play multiple positions and be for the most part serviceable.  Last year I thought he was terrible but he held up surprisingly well at RT.  I’m not throwing money at him and giving him the starting job next year, but he’s a solid insurance policy to have at #2 on the depth chart at multiple positions. 

Yea, Wylie will be here next year.