This is not our most disappointing loss ever

We are going to be better next year barring injuries.   In all honesty this year should have been a rebuilding year with that entirely new offensive line but we were so good we figured it out and how to become a whole new offense in the middle of football year and made it to the AFCCG.   It stings because how it ended and the loss of a great chance to lift another Lombardi trophy.   

We will be back better.   

To me the No Punt game was worse.  That offense and team could have won the SB.

27 minutes ago, qnet said:

The 95 divisional game hurt the most for me, with 97 coming very close. I was definitely the maddest in 97. 

Those losses hurt bad at the time, but looking back, neither of those teams could’ve won a super bowl.  Neither team could’ve won an afccg.  Even if he who shall not be named doesn’t shank all those field goals, we still lose the following week.  

37 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

We are going to be better next year barring injuries.   In all honesty this year should have been a rebuilding year with that entirely new offensive line but we were so good we figured it out and how to become a whole new offense in the middle of football year and made it to the AFCCG.   It stings because how it ended and the loss of a great chance to lift another Lombardi trophy.   

We will be back better.   

To me the No Punt game was worse.  That offense and team could have won the SB.

That offense was good enough, but it also had to be perfect.  One mistake would’ve doomed that team against any playoff caliber offense.  That team was way more flawed than our most recent version.  

22 minutes ago, moons314 said:

That offense was good enough, but it also had to be perfect.  One mistake would’ve doomed that team against any playoff caliber offense.  That team was way more flawed than our most recent version.  

I don’t think they had to be perfect, except vs Indy.  Indy was the beat overall team.  This loss hurts pretty bad though because we had the team that could have won.  We have a team that has the potential to boat race any team in the L.     Dang that loss sucked!

41 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I don’t think they had to be perfect, except vs Indy.  Indy was the beat overall team.  This loss hurts pretty bad though because we had the team that could have won.  We have a team that has the potential to boat race any team in the L.     Dang that loss sucked!

That offense was nasty.  To this day I contend Trent Green was the best qb in franchise history prior to Mahomes. He may not have won a big one, but the dude could drop dimes all over the field. 

1 hour ago, qnet said:

The 95 divisional game hurt the most for me, with 97 coming very close. I was definitely the maddest in 97. 

The 95 game was the most depressing I ever attended.  I wasn't living in KC for the Christmas game so it had less impact.  Yesterday was a downer because everything had fallen into place for the Chiefs. (home field, no Rodgers, no Brady, etc.)  But the whole second half was such a downer that when the final kick was made, i had already conceded that the loss was inevitable.  

20 minutes ago, jetlord said:

The 95 game was the most depressing I ever attended.  I wasn't living in KC for the Christmas game so it had less impact.  Yesterday was a downer because everything had fallen into place for the Chiefs. (home field, no Rodgers, no Brady, etc.)  But the whole second half was such a downer that when the final kick was made, i had already conceded that the loss was inevitable.  

I walked out of the BWW when they got the int.   Seen it too many times and couldn’t bare to watch any longer.  I felt sick and as much as I told myself that it was just a game and I was silly to feel so sick over a game…..it didn’t change a thing.   I’m so passionate about that Chiefs losses like these just hurt so bad!

2 hours ago, moons314 said:

Those losses hurt bad at the time, but looking back, neither of those teams could’ve won a super bowl.  Neither team could’ve won an afccg.  Even if he who shall not be named doesn’t shank all those field goals, we still lose the following week.  

I agree about 95, but not sure about 97. I think the 95 team wouldn't have been able to hang with the Cowboys. The 97 team had they been able to get by the Broncos & Steelers matched up well against Green Bay IMO. It was the one time I wished I had bet on the SB, because as much as I hated the Broncos; I knew they could beat the Packers. 

95' kicked me straight in the dick, that took forever to get over....

However, personally for me , Sunday's game destroyed me...

My Mom who is...was...a die hard Chiefs fan and had the biggest crush on Kelce, passed away unexpectedly in 2021. Attending games at Arrowhead with my wife, mom, and dad have produced some of the best memories of my life.  She always wore the same ratty Chiefs hoodie because of superstition. Anyways...the reason Sunday was a must win was because that also happened to be her birthday...

It was the first without her and we invited my father over to watch the big game and to celebrate her birthday and a Chiefs victory. He showed up with a Chiefs decorated birthday cake for her and yes...wearing her ratty chiefs hoodie. What was set up to be the perfect way to celebrate and honor her ended with a thud...

Shit...I would have even accepted another SB loss in a few weeks...but my family REALLY needed a Chiefs victory this past Sunday....😔