Why is Mahomes two different people

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

Both.

the guy has had to win every game to start his career. And I mean big games. The defense has never done shit. The immense amount of pressure this guy has been under since day one is crazy. Never had a top 10 defense like Brady. By the way, Brady lost a game in the playoffs up 21-3. To manning. 

Andy has to learn to run the ball when it’s there. Not one time in a row. You have to tell the defense we aren’t afraid to run. Until then, they are going to get 7 or 8 dudes in coverage.

mahomes is 26. Guaranteed he’s watched the video and is already pissed. He has kelce open right away and Pringle got open at the end.  He’s the ultimate competitor and he will correct some things.

Mahomes will learn, I don’t think Andy will. He is who he is.

Yup. No defense, no run game.  Every week it’s “go out there and win us the game”.  No doubt guys like Hill and Kelce help, but Andy Reid is terrible at doing things to make the game easier for his qb. 

18 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

I do want to know what Mahomes is not seeing when he throws INTs to defensive linemen. He had like four or five of those this year. That is inexcusable as a QB

I think he sees them but thinks they won't get a hand on the ball.  We often see him throwing side arm and changing his arm angles to get around linemen and when it works everyone gushes over the throw; when it doesn't work the ball gets knocked down or up in the air for an interception.

9 hours ago, Calichief said:

Both.

the guy has had to win every game to start his career. And I mean big games. The defense has never done shit. The immense amount of pressure this guy has been under since day one is crazy. Never had a top 10 defense like Brady. By the way, Brady lost a game in the playoffs up 21-3. To manning. 

Andy has to learn to run the ball when it’s there. Not one time in a row. You have to tell the defense we aren’t afraid to run. Until then, they are going to get 7 or 8 dudes in coverage.

mahomes is 26. Guaranteed he’s watched the video and is already pissed. He has kelce open right away and Pringle got open at the end.  He’s the ultimate competitor and he will correct some things.

Mahomes will learn, I don’t think Andy will. He is who he is.

Reid will get you the division. Perhaps get you to a conference championship and SB. Boy oh boy though is he one cocky, stubborn coach. Not sure he will learn either. Common denominator of all these playoff collapses...well you know who it is. Who improvised in WASP, what about against Buffalo the week before? 

He needs to give the players the freedom to call their own shots, which includes overriding his pass plays for runs..

12 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if mahomes suffered some sort of concussion at the end of the first half during one of tbose scrambles, the drop off in play was so drastic there are few other explanations 

I was thinking a concussion, a death threat, he threw the game or Brittany sprayed champagne in his eyes at halftime.  

10 hours ago, DefensiveMan said:

Reid will get you the division. Perhaps get you to a conference championship and SB. Boy oh boy though is he one cocky, stubborn coach. Not sure he will learn either. Common denominator of all these playoff collapses...well you know who it is. Who improvised in WASP, what about against Buffalo the week before? 

He needs to give the players the freedom to call their own shots, which includes overriding his pass plays for runs..

I kinda don't think Patrick Mahomes is overriding pass plays for runs.  I think he absolutely wants to throw every down.  

4 hours ago, reesebobby said:

I kinda don't think Patrick Mahomes is overriding pass plays for runs.  I think he absolutely wants to throw every down.  

Lol..YES he does. No doubt about it!

That's why we run so many RPO's...Pat just always takes the "P" option. I mean he is a qb, and qb's like to PASS. 

Andy has to do more. He is the HC. He is the so called future HOF'r. He has to step in when he can clearly see what the hell is going on in the game and make some COMMAND decisions to get the dub. If he can't/won't do that, then why the hell is he the HC?

Pat is 26 yrs old and a 4 yr starter. As great as he is, he still hasn't seen EVERYTHING. He's only been playing for 4 yrs.

I'm not some damn football oracle. But if/when some of you go back and watch that game pay attention to what cincy is doing in the 2nd half. Don't watch PM15, watch our play selection on 1st down, then watch what cincy does on EVERY second and third downs. It will literally blow your minds..

Andy saw it. EB saw it. The guys in the booth up top saw it....But no one made any adjustments. 

22 hours ago, moons314 said:

Yup. No defense, no run game.  Every week it’s “go out there and win us the game”.  No doubt guys like Hill and Kelce help, but Andy Reid is terrible at doing things to make the game easier for his qb. 

History might disagree. Andy has been incredibly good at making his QBs successful. He is good at playing to where his talent is.

3 hours ago, artsy said:

Lol..YES he does. No doubt about it!

That's why we run so many RPO's...Pat just always takes the "P" option. I mean he is a qb, and qb's like to PASS. 

Andy has to do more. He is the HC. He is the so called future HOF'r. He has to step in when he can clearly see what the hell is going on in the game and make some COMMAND decisions to get the dub. If he can't/won't do that, then why the hell is he the HC?

Pat is 26 yrs old and a 4 yr starter. As great as he is, he still hasn't seen EVERYTHING. He's only been playing for 4 yrs.

I'm not some damn football oracle. But if/when some of you go back and watch that game pay attention to what cincy is doing in the 2nd half. Don't watch PM15, watch our play selection on 1st down, then watch what cincy does on EVERY second and third downs. It will literally blow your minds..

Andy saw it. EB saw it. The guys in the both up top saw it....But no one made any adjustments. 

The Bradster would always run the ball if it means winning. Heck, they ran Fournette on 4th and 1 with the game on the line against the Rams. 

16 minutes ago, DefensiveMan said:

The Bradster would always run the ball if it means winning. Heck, they ran Fournette on 4th and 1 with the game on the line against the Rams. 

Yup. It wouldn't surprise me at all if Reid had an offensive play called "Chicken Salad", where he tells pat, "Hey, I don't know what else to do. Just go out there and make chicken salad out of chicken shit". Lol.

And quite frankly, for the last 4 yrs, he's been doing just that, especially in the big games.

Pat is so good, defenses have resorted to  playing Prevent Defense on 1st and 10 in the 3rd qtr....No matter the score. And KC is gonna see this a LOT till Reid adjust.

If he won't run the ball on his own, the league is gonna force him to. 

2 minutes ago, Chiefmanzada said:

Whitlock: Patrick Mahomes is too talented to rival Tom Brady

https://www.theblaze.com/op-ed/whitlock-patrick-mahomes-is-too-talented-to-rival-tom-brady

Great take to answer this question. Mahomes did fuck up 

Mahomes did fuck up....BUT, he was fucking up from that last play of the 1st half all the way thru the second half. Mahomes is young and he is talented and he has been GREAT. But, he was fucking up and his coach should've taken control of HIS team and won the ball game by reeling Mahomes in.

I'm not giving Mahomes an out, but he is a player. When a player is not playing well, you're supposed to step in and do something...ANYTHING. We've watched this staff remain unwilling to make changes when they know the player is struggling. Spags did it with Ward against Chase, and Reid should've done it with Mahomes throwing the ball against 8 man coverages.  It's not like we were behind and needed to throw the ball on every possession.

Whitlock is doing what some of the other pundits are doing and taking a shot at Mahomes because it's easy right now. He needs to sit his fat ass down and watch the tape of the entire game and make a COMPLETE assessment before throwing PM15 under the bus. 

4 minutes ago, artsy said:

Mahomes did fuck up....BUT, he was fucking up from that last play of the 1st half all the way thru the second half. Mahomes is young and he is talented and he has been GREAT. But, he was fucking up and his coach should've taken control of HIS team and won the ball game by reeling Mahomes in.

I'm not giving Mahomes an out, but he is a player. When a player is not playing well, you're supposed to step in and do something...ANYTHING. We've watched this staff remain unwilling to make changes when they know the player is struggling. Spags did it with Ward against Chase, and Reid should've done it with Mahomes throwing the ball against 8 man coverages.  It's not like we were behind and needed to throw the ball on every possession.

Whitlock is doing what some of the other pundits are doing and taking a shot at Mahomes because it's easy right now. He needs to sit his fat ass down and watch the tape of the entire game and make a COMPLETE assessment before throwing PM15 under the bus. 

I didn't read Whitlock's article, but did watch his podcast on the subject. I was irritated when I saw the clickbait title on YouTube, but he and his guest Steve Kim broke it down very well when discussing it. They covered some of the stuff you mentioned. 

12 minutes ago, qnet said:

I didn't read Whitlock's article, but did watch his podcast on the subject. I was irritated when I saw the clickbait title on YouTube, but he and his guest Steve Kim broke it down very well when discussing it. They covered some of the stuff you mentioned. 

cool..I just read his article. 

1 hour ago, artsy said:

Yes we all agree Reid fucked up by not running the ball when we should have. 

But on the other hand, Mahomes for some reason lost his confidence. And that should never happen being so Great, let alone in the AFC Championship. 

12 hours ago, Chiefmanzada said:

Yes we all agree Reid fucked up by not running the ball when we should have. 

But on the other hand, Mahomes for some reason lost his confidence. And that should never happen being so Great, let alone in the AFC Championship. 

For whatever reason Mahomes played the entire second half as if we were down by a few scores looking for a way out. They should have calmed him down but looked like the staff got even more nervous than he did. RPO is ruining this offense.

On 2/2/2022 at 1:38 PM, DieHard said:

History might disagree. Andy has been incredibly good at making his QBs successful. He is good at playing to where his talent is.

History can disagree all it wants, because what Reid did with Alex Smith is nothing close to how he's operating with Mahomes.  

I'm holding out hope that this was the final painful lesson learned, and next year will be different. The last few weeks Mahomes was playing very well against the coverages he was seeing. I think the Cinnci game just got away from him and he was trying too hard to make something happen.

What I notice is, Justine Herbert has made plays like Mahomes tried to, and got away with it. Basically lobbing the ball up and letting his receiver's try to win against the cornerback. Phillip Rivers got away with it also, and Keenan Allen has killed us on those plays. If the Chiefs CB's were just a little more talented those would be INT's. 

Josh Allen has burned us also.

The Chiefs just need more talent at key positions (DE, WR, and CB) IMHO.

18 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Because Mahomes has more talent he doesn’t get a running game? 

Shit even with Smith he threw the ball a shit ton.

Why can’t we just go to the good ole I-formation and stampede the fuckers to death. Cuz he’s a stubborn old man who finds that too easy IMO