Santos is supposedly doing well....apparently he and Succop are both doing well in the kicking competition.

Chiefs kickers have been making me nervous since Stenerud missed the chip shot that would have won that Great Miami game....

w

Geez!  Get therapy already!

Santos is supposedly doing well....apparently he and Succop are both doing well in the kicking competition.

Chiefs kickers have been making me nervous since Stenerud missed the chip shot that would have won that Great Miami game....

w

Didn't miss.   Ref blew call.  Happened right in front of me.

the scars of long time Chiefs fans.

but you telling West of all people to get therapy is really the Pot calling the Kettle Black.

And why is that?  So they can put me on Prozac and I'll stumble around saying "Everything is good.  They know what they're doing.  Everything is fine."  like most of this board?

I prefer reality.

just teasing.. IMO you need positivity  therapy but if anyone can appreciate the glass half empty outlook I can. It is for me soo much easier to be extra hopeful when I don't have a monetary interest in these guys anymore.

I suppose I'm as thin skinned as those I tease for the same.  I know a majority of my opinions aren't popular.  I get no Valentines.  I just want to be loved.  It started when I was a little Mongo...

;) 

I'm always hopeful that somehow Kansas City will surprise us and actually be good every year. Make the playoffs in, not just two years in a row, but several. I'd love to see them Win in the post season. Hell, tease us with the possibility of a Super Bowl appearance even.

I'm quite a bit like mongo though, I don't see every player as the savior. I questioned the Poe pick, glad it worked out. I was extremely pissed when KC took Dee Ford this year. I hope he turns into another Poe type pick, but I have my doubts. I don't see every player that you draft working out. I sure as hell don't see every player taken in rounds 5, 6, and 7 working out. In fact, if you get one player out of every 3 drafts that works out from round 5 on, you'd be at the league average.

If one of Murray, Fulton, or Duvernay-Tardiff work out, consider KC lucky. If Thomas is more than a situational player and special teamer, consider KC lucky. I expect rounds 1 through 3 to come in and contribute and be starters in the number of years related to draft round. First round picks should start year 1. Second round picks in year 2. Third round picks in year 3. You have to hit those rounds. However, I also know that then NFL average hit rate on 1st round picks is generally at least 65%, 2nd round picks around 50%, 3rd round picks around 35%, 4th round about 30%, 5th round about 20%, and thereon after somewhere between 10-15%. This is backed up by 50 years of draft data that you can fin at datascopeanalytics.com if you so choose.

So, when mongo talks about players not likely making it, he's mostly right.

Consider that, of Dontari Poe, Eric Fisher, and Dee Ford, 1 of them is likely to be a bust.

Also, of Donald Stephenson, Travis Kelce, Knile Davis, and Phillip Gaines, at least 2, if not 3, of them are likely to bust or have very limited roles. Lets hope KC breaks the averages.

Same goes for Devon Wylie, Nico Johnson, and DeAnthony Thomas, only 1 is likely to be anything. Wylie has already busted, Nico sure looks like he will, so Thomas we hope keeps the average.

Our 5, 6, and 7 round picks in 2012 are all gone and busted 0/3. Off Commings, Kush, Wilson, and Catapano only 3/4 are with the team and Commings can't stay on the field. The averages would be with KC if even 1 of the remaining 7 late round picks can become anything more than a waste of a roster spot (the other 3 being this year's Murray, Fulton, and Duvernay-Tardiff).

So, mongo isn't wrong, he's realistic, like it or not.

I hope like hell KC will hit on a couple late rounders to really bolster the roster, but don't call it likely.

Archived