Flores sues NFL and teams for alleged racism

azchief21

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

He just  fuckd himself out of job

His thoughts on that:

"God has gifted me with a special talent to coach the game of football, but the need for change is bigger than my personal goals," Flores said in a release put out by the law firm representing him in the case. "In making the decision to file the class action complaint today, I understand that I may be risking coaching the game that I love and that has done so much for my family and me. My sincere hope is that by standing up against systemic racism in the NFL, others will join me to ensure that positive change is made for generations to come.''

11 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

His thoughts on that:

"God has gifted me with a special talent to coach the game of football, but the need for change is bigger than my personal goals," Flores said in a release put out by the law firm representing him in the case. "In making the decision to file the class action complaint today, I understand that I may be risking coaching the game that I love and that has done so much for my family and me. My sincere hope is that by standing up against systemic racism in the NFL, others will join me to ensure that positive change is made for generations to come.''

oh so now he thinks he's Rosa Parks and Kapernick all rolled into one ..Fuck him. 

8 minutes ago, TAMBAAAA said:

Dolphins trying to pay Flores to lose and make him tamper with Brady, a hungover Elway interview, and Belichick spilling the beans that Flores Giants interview was pointless... by ACCIDENTALLY TEXTING THE WRONG BRIAN? 

This promises to be entertaining. 

I hope the Broncos part is true. Because fuck them, that's why.

If true, Miami should be in deep shit for trying to strong arm him. Unfortunately, I don't know what else the NFL should expect. They force teams to interview a minority candidate despite having another already identified. Flores should be pissed, but it's ugly from the team perspective and minority perspective in my opinion.  One side is forced into an action and the other is being completely used in this case, allegedly. 

Sad part is Flores seemed to be a hell of a coach who got the most out of his players. He seemed to deserve better than Miami which has been a shit show for decades.

No idea what the answer is. A GM is fighting for a job and to keep it and will want "their" man to live or die by. Should be about merit, fit, vision, leadership et al, not the other stuff. Hope Flores gets another chance regardless of his skin color, or anyone else's on that matter.

Initially I thought, just win and you'll keep your job, but if the other stuff is true then damn.

10 hours ago, qnet said:

This is really messy. Doesn't seem like racism, just shady and unethical if true. What an odd turn of events.

Curious if EB will be involved in this in any capacity, Flores Lawyers said they have others who support them and could possibly become involved in this lawsuit.

14 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

Curious if EB will be involved in this in any capacity, Flores Lawyers said they have others who support them and could possibly become involved in this lawsuit.

it's hard to escape the timing..on purpose or coincidence?

Telling a coach to lose and paying him $100k per loss for a higher draft pick? I haven’t even got passed that part and was stunned. I hope he has record of that. The implications for fan base is a real bad look. And even the gambling angle could huge depending who he was communicating with. 

3 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

could explain a lot of why he has been passed over so many times

Could be.  The Broncos said he wasn't a bad interview and it went well. It's hard to tell. I just wish the media hadn't pushed so hard for it. I remember in 2018 when they were lighting everyone up, that kept saying "let's not forget about Eric Bieniemy" 

I feel bad for EB because he's in the middle of this, and may not want to be. 

I really am not sure what all of this is going to accomplish other than possibly making Flores a martyr. The NFL has always been a Rich White Mans Club and you do not see minorities step up to buy full or partial ownership. The Bronco's just were officially put up for sale so lets see who steps up other than Jay-Z, The asking price will be over $4 Billion and his net worth is only $1.4B. Bezo's can buy them but that would be another rich white guy. 

In a league where roughly 75% of players are African-Americans, there are only four minority head coaches. A similar pattern exists at general manager, with the Cleveland Browns' Andrew Berry and Miami Dolphins' Chris Grier the only Black men to hold the position. There are currently two minority NFL owners. Shahid Kahn, a Pakistani American who owns the Jacksonville Jaguars and Kim Pegula, who is Asian American and co-owns the Buffalo Bills.

That is already outdated as Ryan Poles has become the Bears New GM.

Flores was a hell of a coach.  It's criminal teams hired some real limp dicks over him.  He may actually have a point here.  If the Broncos had an owner they might be in trouble but they don't and Elway's already half out the door so nothing will come of that.  The Miami allegations are a very bad look.

Here is the Ellis/Elway response:

“Our interview with Mr. Flores regarding our head coaching position began promptly at the scheduled time of 7:30 a.m. on Jan. 5, 2019, in a Providence, R.I., hotel,” the team said. “There were five Broncos executives present for the interview, which lasted approximately three-and-a-half hours — the fully allotted time — and concluded shortly before 11 a.m. Pages of detailed notes, analysis and evaluations from our interview demonstrate the depth of our conversation and sincere interest in Mr. Flores as a head coaching candidate.“

keep in mind Elway had just begrudgingly fired his entirely unqualified good friend and HC Vance Joseph (who is black).  He sucks at hiring coaches, but he isn’t racist.

13 hours ago, BroncoStud said:

Here is the Ellis/Elway response:

“Our interview with Mr. Flores regarding our head coaching position began promptly at the scheduled time of 7:30 a.m. on Jan. 5, 2019, in a Providence, R.I., hotel,” the team said. “There were five Broncos executives present for the interview, which lasted approximately three-and-a-half hours — the fully allotted time — and concluded shortly before 11 a.m. Pages of detailed notes, analysis and evaluations from our interview demonstrate the depth of our conversation and sincere interest in Mr. Flores as a head coaching candidate.“

keep in mind Elway had just begrudgingly fired his entirely unqualified good friend and HC Vance Joseph (who is black).  He sucks at hiring coaches, but he isn’t racist.

What did you expect him to say?

rick-james-cocaine.gif

Is it possible Flores is exaggerating for the lawsuit here?  The Broncos claim to have extensive notes about their interview and an additional 5 witnesses/executives who were present at that interview and can verify the meeting took place on time, at 7:30 AM, lasted for hours, and was legitimate.

Nothing Flores has said even comes close to proving or even supporting that the Broncos are raging racists, as his pleadings appear to imply.