Flores sues NFL and teams for alleged racism

azchief21

9 hours ago, BroncoStud said:

Is it possible Flores is exaggerating for the lawsuit here?  The Broncos claim to have extensive notes about their interview and an additional 5 witnesses/executives who were present at that interview and can verify the meeting took place on time, at 7:30 AM, lasted for hours, and was legitimate.

Nothing Flores has said even comes close to proving or even supporting that the Broncos are raging racists, as his pleadings appear to imply.

i hope he (flores) has actual proof for any of these accusations, if not then i hope he likes coaching HS football because his NFL Career would be over

soo much could be said  but would steer this thread to the LR. Until I read something that resembles more than his "feelings" I am of the feeling he is trying to take advantage of it being Feb and before the SB.  Thing is coverage is competing also with College hoops, Brady retirement last but not least the Olympics . I agree unless he finds pictures of Elway and Company getting lap dances at 0300 and can prove Bilichick's text was not a mistake this case does not Hold Water.

The team then criticized Flores' lawyers for citing texts with New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick as evidence the Giants interviewed Flores in bad faith.

The allegation that the Giants' decision had been made prior to Friday evening, January 28, is false. And to base that allegation on a text exchange with Bill Belichick in which he ultimately states that he "thinks" Brian Daboll would get the job is irresponsible. The text exchange occurred the day before Coach Daboll's in-person interview even took place. Giants' ownership would never hire a head coach based only on a 20-minute zoom interview, which is all that Mr. Daboll had at that point.

In addition, Mr. Belichick does not speak for and has no affiliation with the Giants. Mr. Belichick's text exchange provides no insight into what actually transpired during our head coaching search.

31 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Based on recent events, I predict Bienemy gets the Saints job.

He might land a job, but damn I think it would difficult to put a football program in the hands of a dude who has multiple DUIs, had his license suspended for a year, tried to prevent firefighters from putting out a fireworks fire at this house, was suspended from campus for a year at Colorado for harassing and assaulting a university employee, and was around when a lot of sexual misconduct shit was going on...

I know everyone deserves a second chance, and he seemingly has been out of trouble for a while now, but those are serious red flags for someone is going to be the de facto figurehead of your organization.

1 minute ago, BroncoStud said:

He might land a job, but damn I think it would difficult to put a football program in the hands of a dude who has multiple DUIs, had his license suspended for a year, tried to prevent firefighters from putting out a fireworks fire at this house, was suspended from campus for a year at Colorado for harassing and assaulting a university employee, and was around when a lot of sexual misconduct shit was going on...

I know everyone deserves a second chance, and he seemingly has been out of trouble for a while now, but those are serious red flags for someone is going to be the de facto figurehead of your organization.

Or is supposed to be running our offense which was a complete embarrassment in the super bowl that lacked preparation and adjustments then completely choked with inept play calling in the AFCCG. If it was Reid, then what the hell does EB do to deserve a HC job?

Leftwich seems like a better candidate in NO if they are interested. 

1 minute ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Or is supposed to be running our offense which was a complete embarrassment in the super bowl that lacked preparation and adjustments then completely choked with inept play calling in the AFCCG. If it was Reid, then what the hell does EB do to deserve a HC job?

Leftwich seems like a better candidate in NO if they are interested.

I like Leftwich a lot.  He has a big future in coaching.

Sidenote, I was visiting a military buddy like 20 years ago out in Alabama, it was cold as shit, but we randomly went to the Mobile Alabama Bowl when Marshall was playing East Carolina just wanting to watch some football.  It ended up being one of the most entertaining games I have ever seen in my life (still to date), and Leftwich put on an absolute clinic of pocketing passing QB play in crazy winds and sleet.

I understand that EB has stuff in his past but it certainly didn't prevent him from getting interviews. Personally, putting aside his misdeeds in the past, I don't think he is HC material. Speaks in clichés so in interviews it may be difficult to know where he's coming from. As an OC, it's blurry exactly what his actual input is as far as game planning, play calling, personnel decisions. All I'm saying is it seems he's been bounced around as a Rooney Rule guy and now with the lawsuit, N.O.  may feel pressured. N.O is a terrible job opportunity. Peyton saw it and ran. No QB and a horrible cap situation. I agree Leftwich would be better. Still trying to figure out how McDaniels got a job and Flores got fired. 

Interesting read from Outkick: 

In his suit, Flores is, in part, calling out the NFL’s hiring practices because black coaches have not been hired at a rate proportional to the NFL’s percentage of black players.

The coincidence in this is Flores himself was in a position to hire coaches during his three-year tenure as coach of the Dolphins. And his record hiring minorities is not stellar.

Consider:

Flores had 20 coaches on his 2021 coaching staff, with 15 of those white and five black.

Flores hired four offensive coordinators during his time with the Dolphins, including co-coordinators in 2021. Three of those four are white.

Flores hired four offensive line coaches during his tenure, and three of those four are white.

Flores hired two defensive coordinators during his time as head coach, one black and one white.

Flores hired four quarterback or assistant quarterback coaches during his three years, and three of those four are white, with Jim Caldwell the only exception. Caldwell, it should be noted, worked under Flores for a couple of months but departed before the 2019 season began, citing health issues.

Flores hired one special teams coordinator during his time as coach, that being Danny Crossman, who is white.

Maybe the coach claiming the NFL’s hiring practices are unfair should have addressed his own first.

https://www.outkick.com/brian-flores-claims-racial-discrimination-in-nfl-hiring-practices-so-lets-examine-his-hiring-practices/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR1Z8sS1s1Jmay6ISCvCtNjfW7PO-t_THr1KaoGPp7JSoWPIO97dcPm97MU#Echobox=1643986599

Flores should have been a whistle blower if the ownership asked him to lose BEFORE being fired. Probably hard, but you’d have a lot more credibility.

Hugh Jackson is a terrible head coach. I cannot take him seriously.

If they want to make all this stuff, have a hiring moratorium as a league rule until after the Super Bowl. That gives teams still playing no distractions and lets minority candidates get queued up for legitimate interviews.

On 2/6/2022 at 5:54 PM, Thegoatee said:

Flores should have been a whistle blower if the ownership asked him to lose BEFORE being fired. Probably hard, but you’d have a lot more credibility.

Hugh Jackson is a terrible head coach. I cannot take him seriously.

If they want to make all this stuff, have a hiring moratorium as a league rule until after the Super Bowl. That gives teams still playing no distractions and lets minority candidates get queued up for legitimate interviews.

As stated before, the majority of the owners are Rich WHITE Old Men, you can line up as many minority candidates as you like but you cannot make these owners hire them

• 2 weeks later...