With the 30th pick in the 2022 draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select...

reesebobby

18 hours ago, jetlord said:

Exactly.  In spite of Mahomes meltdown in the second half of the AFCCG, the Chiefs would have won with a pass rush equal to TENN or LAR and another high quality DB.

I could say the same thing about having an X that can consistently beat 1 guy in press, which is what they do to all our secondary receivers.

3 hours ago, xen said:

I could say the same thing about having an X that can consistently beat 1 guy in press, which is what they do to all our secondary receivers.

A superior offense and average defense can win.  An even better offense and helpless defense can't.  Maybe I've been jaded by the Sutton years, but the reason the Chiefs didn't win the SB this year was because they had the #29 sack ranking, Sorenson wandering around the defensive backfield, and no ability to stop a QB who runs for first downs.  They make opposing receivers look all world.  The Chiefs can score 30/game with a fill in #2 along with Kelce, Hill, Hardman, Pringle, and hopefully Fortson.  If they can get a JuJu or similar, they might score a little more.  If they can't get stops on defense, when they have a bad day (or half) they will lose games to CINN, BUFF, and LAC. 

My opinion ...we have to have a stud DE and improve the pass rush. 29th just isn't gonna cut it. Fortunately this year's draft seems to be very deep at the position. I see no less than 10-11 DE with juice. Good year to need a quality edge. One will definitely be there at #30. Makes me wonder if we go with a position with less depth like a DB and wait on a DE for round 2?

13 hours ago, dhitter said:

My opinion ...we have to have a stud DE and improve the pass rush. 29th just isn't gonna cut it. Fortunately this year's draft seems to be very deep at the position. I see no less than 10-11 DE with juice. Good year to need a quality edge. One will definitely be there at #30. Makes me wonder if we go with a position with less depth like a DB and wait on a DE for round 2?

Makes sense considering the major need to find a starting safety from day one but this regime has been rather successful with DBs coming in a bit later. Still the class is rather shallow so wouldn't be surprised if they go that route.

I also wouldn't be surprised with multiple DEs in the first 4 rounds. We all assume Ingram is staying but even so we will need to replace him rather soon due to age.

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

Makes sense considering the major need to find a starting safety from day one but this regime has been rather successful with DBs coming in a bit later. Still the class is rather shallow so wouldn't be surprised if they go that route.

I also wouldn't be surprised with multiple DEs in the first 4 rounds. We all assume Ingram is staying but even so we will need to replace him rather soon due to age.

I’d like to see us sign kemoko touray and/or Lorenzo Carter. Then draft a DE in the first 3 rounds. 
We still have Danna and Kaindoh too. 

14 hours ago, Palangi said:

I’d like to see us sign kemoko touray and/or Lorenzo Carter. Then draft a DE in the first 3 rounds. 
We still have Danna and Kaindoh too. 

I really like Danna in small doses and seems to have holding his own in a bigger role with Clark sucking so bad. Curious if he can be a starter in the near future but I don't mind going the rotational approach similar to what has been working for Pats over the last couple decades. 

5 hours ago, sith13 said:

I really like Danna in small doses and seems to have holding his own in a bigger role with Clark sucking so bad. Curious if he can be a starter in the near future but I don't mind going the rotational approach similar to what has been working for Pats over the last couple decades. 

I like Danna too but feel he is more of a rotational player. But he is quality depth

I wonder if the jets would trade their two second rounder, both are early. For 30th, Frank Clark, and Hitchens? 
that would give them 3 first rounder and two veterans to help build the roster. They have tons of cap space since their QB is on a rookie deal. 

that would give us 3 second round picks and 2 third round picks

5 picks in the first 3 rounds

1 hour ago, Palangi said:

I wonder if the jets would trade their two second rounder, both are early. For 30th, Frank Clark, and Hitchens? 
that would give them 3 first rounder and two veterans to help build the roster. They have tons of cap space since their QB is on a rookie deal. 

even the J-E-T-S couldn't be that stupid

2 hours ago, Palangi said:

If we know it's a shitty contract, why would anyone else want to take it on? 

20 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

If we know it's a shitty contract, why would anyone else want to take it on? 

Because they have the space and might think they can get him back to the Seahawk level of play. 
like I said they have the cap space to do it for another couple years. 
they are terrible at LB and while Hitchens isn’t great. He could help stabilize the unit while they develop it. 

the jets have a young team and could use some vet leadership. And here are two guys with championship level experience. 

again I was asking more in general. I don’t know if they would or not do it or not. Was putting this out more for conversation since this site is really dead right now 

36 minutes ago, Palangi said:

the jets have a young team and could use some vet leadership. And here are two guys with championship level experience. 

you mean like the Veteran leadership that gets arrested twice  for having a "machine gun" in his car?

On 2/7/2022 at 11:25 PM, jetlord said:

With the needs at DE and CB, if the Chiefs draft a WR at #30, my head will explode. 

This draft is deep at wr.  We can find a stud in round 2.   We should be nabbing a DE, CB, S in round one.  I would add DI in there as well.   Deonte Wyatt or Jordan Davis would be amazing next to Jones.