Chiefs Free Agents

Here are the platters I would bring back

Matthieu-I was willing to let him go but I would bring him back so not to create another hole that needs filled. 

Reed

Ingram

Ward

Pringle

Williams

McKinnon 

Wylie

Brown

DOD

Lammons 

Watts 

Fortson

Gore

cut Hitchens and Clark

Curious about what Ingram is asking for. Would love to have him back for a cheap deal but at 33 he might opt out for money. The same is true for Reed as since he's 30 his likely focus will be the biggest FA deal he can get.

I like Ward but don't know what he'll cost. Wouldn't mind keeping him for something like 30 million over 4 years as he has been somewhat consistent this year. I would look to keep Pringle long term too, may be something like 15 over 4 years of 20 over 5. 

Among the RBs I would look to bring all the FAs back. Williams is a stud and something like 10 over 3 years could get it done. Both McKinnon and Gore should cost less due to workload and the status (Gore is a RFA). Consistency in the position group should only help us since they have been doing a good job.

I'm not sure if I want to bring back Brown with a long term deal. He wants to be paid like a top LT but I'm not sure if he earned that paycheck yet. Started bad while trying to adjust and the rest was somewhat of a small sample size. I would look to bring him back with the tag unless he's asking for a modest deal for the same reasons that raise some concerns. 

I like Wylie back as a veteran minimum signing where we can pay him more without counting against the tag. Seems like the familiarity with the system helped out a lot to make him a decent depth. Nnadi, Burton, DOD, Watts should all come back with lame contracts.

I wouldn't worry about bringing anyone else back but the staff could have some reservations for guys like Lammons, Blythe, Bell, Long, etc. which is perfectly fine. I definitely don't want Robinson back as he's just taking up a whole roster spot with nothing to show for it. 

9 hours ago, sith13 said:

Curious about what Ingram is asking for. Would love to have him back for a cheap deal but at 33 he might opt out for money. The same is true for Reed as since he's 30 his likely focus will be the biggest FA deal he can get.

I like Ward but don't know what he'll cost. Wouldn't mind keeping him for something like 30 million over 4 years as he has been somewhat consistent this year. I would look to keep Pringle long term too, may be something like 15 over 4 years of 20 over 5. 

Among the RBs I would look to bring all the FAs back. Williams is a stud and something like 10 over 3 years could get it done. Both McKinnon and Gore should cost less due to workload and the status (Gore is a RFA). Consistency in the position group should only help us since they have been doing a good job.

I'm not sure if I want to bring back Brown with a long term deal. He wants to be paid like a top LT but I'm not sure if he earned that paycheck yet. Started bad while trying to adjust and the rest was somewhat of a small sample size. I would look to bring him back with the tag unless he's asking for a modest deal for the same reasons that raise some concerns. 

I like Wylie back as a veteran minimum signing where we can pay him more without counting against the tag. Seems like the familiarity with the system helped out a lot to make him a decent depth. Nnadi, Burton, DOD, Watts should all come back with lame contracts.

I wouldn't worry about bringing anyone else back but the staff could have some reservations for guys like Lammons, Blythe, Bell, Long, etc. which is perfectly fine. I definitely don't want Robinson back as he's just taking up a whole roster spot with nothing to show for it. 

Like your analysis....however I would add Jarren Reed to your cut list. Reed came on a little at the end of the season, but was horrible for 75% of the season. We need a solid run stuffer in the middle, not someone who gets blasted off the LOS and ends up in the secondary on run plays. 

If Veech can get a "boss" in the middle, Gay and Bolton will both be All Pros next year. 

Hard to play GM when we don't know what the player's demands will be or what other FAs will sign for a better price/value deal.  Hitchens, Robinson, Sorenson, Neiman should go.  Clark and Reed would have to sign very team friendly deals to remain.  Ward may be too pricey to keep.  Tag Brown,  Keep HB only if he's willing to sign for a fair price.  He wants to be the highest paid S and he ain't worth it.  Keep Ingram.  DE is too much of a need to let an effective guy go.  Let Bell go if Fortson can play next season.

36 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Hard to play GM when we don't know what the player's demands will be or what other FAs will sign for a better price/value deal.  Hitchens, Robinson, Sorenson, Neiman should go.  Clark and Reed would have to sign very team friendly deals to remain.  Ward may be too pricey to keep.  Tag Brown,  Keep HB only if he's willing to sign for a fair price.  He wants to be the highest paid S and he ain't worth it.  Keep Ingram.  DE is too much of a need to let an effective guy go.  Let Bell go if Fortson can play next season.

If Reed and Clark stay on this roster, I guarantee you they will be playing. Do we really want that? Idk, man..

1 hour ago, artsy said:

Like your analysis....however I would add Jarren Reed to your cut list. Reed came on a little at the end of the season, but was horrible for 75% of the season. We need a solid run stuffer in the middle, not someone who gets blasted off the LOS and ends up in the secondary on run plays. 

If Veech can get a "boss" in the middle, Gay and Bolton will both be All Pros next year. 

I'm not high on Reed but if he'll sign a cheap deal I like him against the pass. However if we can afford a stud rookie DT I would definitely go that route. Reed is more of a stop gap IMO until Wharton or a youngster can take over. 

10 minutes ago, sith13 said:

I'm not high on Reed but if he'll sign a cheap deal I like him against the pass. However if we can afford a stud rookie DT I would definitely go that route. Reed is more of a stop gap IMO until Wharton or a youngster can take over. 

finding one in the draft will be harder than affording one

18 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

finding one in the draft will be harder than affording one

I see a bunch of nice stopgaps in the FA like Richardson and Linval Joseph but not sure about a realistic young target. We probably need a guy who's not yet good enough to get tagged but will get to that level in a couple years, I guess that's up to the scouts to figure out.

20 minutes ago, sith13 said:

I see a bunch of nice stopgaps in the FA like Richardson and Linval Joseph but not sure about a realistic young target. We probably need a guy who's not yet good enough to get tagged but will get to that level in a couple years, I guess that's up to the scouts to figure out.

I like the Iowa State kid in round 4. He is 6’5” 320

#58 on defense

18 hours ago, Palangi said:

I like the Iowa State kid in round 4. He is 6’5” 320

#58 on defense

Seems like a nice presence, #93 got my attention more but would definitely pull the trigger for #58 in 3rd or 4th. Not sure if he lasts though, seems quite athletic for that size. 

Ward- I think Ward gets north of 10 per year and we let him walk.

Pringle - I think Pringle is worth one year 3 million or three years 8 million. Something like that. We know D Rob hit free agency and crawled back for a league minimum contract. Pringle is better than him but I don’t think there will be a real high demand.

HB - It will be real tempting to franchise him at the 8 million or whatever it is. But honestly I think if he won’t sign for three years 24 million then they let him walk.

Brown - Brown has too much invested to cut. If we franchise him it’s only going to drive the price up. I think we have to give him a long-term deal.

2 hours ago, DieHard said:

Ward- I think Ward gets north of 10 per year and we let him walk.

Pringle - I think Pringle is worth one year 3 million or three years 8 million. Something like that. We know D Rob hit free agency and crawled back for a league minimum contract. Pringle is better than him but I don’t think there will be a real high demand.

HB - It will be real tempting to franchise him at the 8 million or whatever it is. But honestly I think if he won’t sign for three years 24 million then they let him walk.

Brown - Brown has too much invested to cut. If we franchise him it’s only going to drive the price up. I think we have to give him a long-term deal.

More like north of 15 million.