Kafka hired as NYG OC

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/03/giants-are-expected-to-hire-mike-kafka-as-offensive-coordinator/

I hate losing good young coaches, but congrats to him. Now when the Giants improve and he gets an opportunity as a HC somewhere while Bienemy is still here as our OC, it's just gonna add to the narrative.

Not saying it's right or wrong. But it's nearly inevitable.

4 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/03/giants-are-expected-to-hire-mike-kafka-as-offensive-coordinator/

I hate losing good young coaches, but congrats to him. Now when the Giants improve and he gets an opportunity as a HC somewhere while Bienemy is still here as our OC, it's just gonna add to the narrative.

Wasn't Kafka the QB coach?

If so, he kinda sucked a little this year.....(If you know what I mean)

20 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

he probably took the job knowing all too well EB was not going anywhere..cant blame him for that.

I had never heard of Kafta until Mahomes mentioned him during his first year starting. I've been initially skeptical of him, because it seemed like his name got popular because Mahomes mentioned him. Based on Mahomes early success, I guess I can't blame people. 

I wish he was staying here, but agree with OT. 

54 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

Wonder why EB is not getting a job? This probably doesn’t make him feel very good. 
It sure would bother me. 

Whitlock said RB coaches don't normally become OC's and said Dan Reeves was the only one he could think of, I've heard this other places also. It's been said EB also had some trouble with women when he was young and at Colorado. 

I don't know the circumstances and sure arguments can be made about it, I just don't know enough about it.  

30 minutes ago, qnet said:

Whitlock said RB coaches don't normally become OC's and said Dan Reeves was the only one he could think of, I've heard this other places also. It's been said EB also had some trouble with women when he was young and at Colorado. 

I don't know the circumstances and sure arguments can be made about it, I just don't know enough about it.  

Thank you. I wasnt aware. 

9 hours ago, DefensiveMan said:

Reid and Bienemy aren't going anywhere anytime soon lmao. Who knows maybe the plan is Beinemy to take over if Reid retires...

Handing the reigns over to a guy who couldn't land a job anywhere in the NFL for years 🤢

I hope that plan dies rather soon. 

8 hours ago, timmy_6262 said:

does it really matter who is the OC? Do we really think they call plays? 

Thank you. None of this shit matters. Patrick is what he decides to be. He’s a film room junky determined to win. Dont matter who the qb coach is. Or OC for that matter. Time for him to take the manning leap. 

49 minutes ago, timmy_6262 said:

does it really matter who is the OC? Do we really think they call plays? 

I felt like certain guys had some influence. Pederson seemed to be more active as opposed to both Nagy and EB. However I'm not certain about his involvement in the whole scheme of things, at least he did something after leaving.