4 minutes ago, arthur75 said:

To me depends on what we give up. I say a 3rd would be adequate. Not sure what salary cap implications would be.

He's on his last year of his Rookie Contract a quick google search showed  all this..seems to be a lot of interest so the Chiefs are probably out

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GGRV_enUS760US760&sxsrf=APq-WBvru2-tp1_UOkAwfq_6mhuEX0rpKg:1644934435901&q=calvin+ridley+trade&tbm=nws&source=univ&tbo=u&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj7m-ql8oH2AhWUJEQIHcblAdwQt8YBegQIAhAG&biw=1280&bih=577&dpr=1.5

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

I know its the silly season  between the SB and FA but

Sea of Red Nation  · 

REPORT: The #Chiefs have had internal discussions about the possibility of trading for #Falcons star WR Calvin Ridley

I'd rather go the FA route and keep the picks. The dude can ball. But why not sign someone and use the pick on a second, cheaper asset.

21 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I'd rather go the FA route and keep the picks. The dude can ball. But why not sign someone and use the pick on a second, cheaper asset.

Even thought Ridley is the more talented receiver I think Juju is the better move for the Chiefs. Keep the picks for defense and don't worry about Ridley's personal issues in the future. 

52 minutes ago, jetlord said:

They have to pay Brown and extend Hill so I don't see how they afford Ridley for more than a one year rental.  Better to go after JuJu if he didn't burn his bridges last off season with the Chiefs.  His value didn't go up after this past season.  

Doubt he's anxious to continue in Pit who has no QB at the moment...and hopefully forever. 

I'm not really sure if anything else matters. Veach hit on the linebackers. Next year Bolton and Gay will be our 3 down starters and that in itself is the greatest accomplishment one could ask for from a GM. 

Not to mention the OL that’s going to be even more gruesome next year. 

8 hours ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Doubt he's anxious to continue in Pit who has no QB at the moment...and hopefully forever. 

Yeah, but I was thinking the Chiefs thought they had him last year and he switched back to the Steelers at the last minute.  May be some bad blood there. 

5 hours ago, jetlord said:

Yeah, but I was thinking the Chiefs thought they had him last year and he switched back to the Steelers at the last minute.  May be some bad blood there. 

You mean from the Chiefs' perspective, I thought you meant the other way around. In that sense I think Chiefs should be able to understand his will to stay put for a year with no serious long term option available and keep loyalty to Big Ben who basically made him. Unless there's any resentment from the Chiefs frontoffice I think this should be an easy deal to take care of rather soon.

4 hours ago, sith13 said:

You mean from the Chiefs' perspective, I thought you meant the other way around. In that sense I think Chiefs should be able to understand his will to stay put for a year with no serious long term option available and keep loyalty to Big Ben who basically made him. Unless there's any resentment from the Chiefs frontoffice I think this should be an easy deal to take care of rather soon.

Agreed. I mean Ingram spurned the Chiefs for the Steelers and they had no issue bringing him in later. Chiefs will pursue if they see a player can help the team.

20 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

If he did well with Donald, he could do well with CJ. I would bring him in and let us draft a later DE in the draft. One that can learn and play without having to be a starter right away. Also gives us flexibility in the draft if we can fill some of these holes now.