10 minutes ago, ClarksvilleChief said:

DRob is 6'1 202...not a big dude at all and Ridley is smaller than that.

It's not really that necessary that it be a big dude.  Just needs to be able to consistently get off press and separate with good hands.  Our secondary receivers struggle with consistency.  For all of Sammy's failings he could do that when healthy.  There are different ways to do it, whether it's strength, speed or route running skillz. Consider that Kelce and Tyreek both do it in vastly different ways.  Having that 3rd guy who can do this for you on the outside changes how defenses can play you.

The ideal prototypical size used to be 6'2" 200 pounds but that no longer seems to be the case with the rules favoring the offense and the "smaller" shifty guys tend to get a lot of recognition.

Also I think some players play faster/slower than their pure speed or bigger/smaller than their size IMO. 

5 hours ago, sith13 said:

The ideal prototypical size used to be 6'2" 200 pounds but that no longer seems to be the case with the rules favoring the offense and the "smaller" shifty guys tend to get a lot of recognition.

Also I think some players play faster/slower than their pure speed or bigger/smaller than their size IMO. 

Jerry Rice was 6'2" 200lbs when he played and was faster on the filed than his official times. He fits the prototype you mentioned.

I don't know much about Ridley, I've heard his name during some Falcon games, but haven't paid that much attention. He has some talent from what little I've seen of him, but not sure were his head is at. 

8 hours ago, qnet said:

Jerry Rice was 6'2" 200lbs when he played and was faster on the filed than his official times. He fits the prototype you mentioned.

I don't know much about Ridley, I've heard his name during some Falcon games, but haven't paid that much attention. He has some talent from what little I've seen of him, but not sure were his head is at. 

All that I know about Ridley is about his fantasy value as he was a consistent performer on my team as a keeper since he was a rookie. However never really watched the guy but his head is definitely a big concern with the lack of information about the whole thing. He becomes the #1 guy in the offense and decides to leave just when he was up for an extension so that's a really huge red flag about his mental status. Hopefully he is well and/or recovers soon but I wouldn't want the Chiefs to take that risk.

On 2/15/2022 at 8:30 AM, reesebobby said:

Do we know what his personal issues are that made him step away?

He didn't say specifically, but he did say it was his state of mind.  Could be a million things.  The pandemic has driven us all nuts for two years.  Marital issues, relationships, and other family situations like illnesses  can be a gigantic stress.  Relationships are the source of the biggest stress for most everybody. Some young players deal with it best by running away, and playing NFL football is a good way to do that..  For others, playing an NFL season in the midst of stress would be impossible.

It could be a red flag, but it might not. If he is fine now and has to take less money from a team because of uncertainty,  it could be an opportunity for any team.  A one year deal is little risk.