Chris Lammons

• The title was changed to Chris Lammons

15 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

and you know this how? please reveal your sources

This one is common sense plus what reid says. Reid has admitted that there are certain roster spots that are “toub guys.”

the fact that toub raves about how good of gunners lemmons and marcus kemp are, combined with the fact these two never play outside of special teams makes it obvious.

the bigger picture in my mind is that teams should not waste any roster spots on gunners and should plan on fair catching, kneeing in the end zone, kicking off into the end zone, etc. especially when your qb is mahomes. The risk of the 50th player on the roster fumbling a punt and or a block in the back handcuffing mahomes is inexcusable 

3 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

This one is common sense plus what reid says. Reid has admitted that there are certain roster spots that are “toub guys.”

the fact that toub raves about how good of gunners lemmons and marcus kemp are, combined with the fact these two never play outside of special teams makes it obvious.

the bigger picture in my mind is that teams should not waste any roster spots on gunners and should plan on fair catching, kneeing in the end zone, kicking off into the end zone, etc. especially when your qb is mahomes. The risk of the 50th player on the roster fumbling a punt and or a block in the back handcuffing mahomes is inexcusable 

Of course he's gonna rave about him.  He doesn't want to get his ass kicked. The guy is violent. 

5 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Every single team in the league reserves roster spots for core special teams players.  

1 hour ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Doesn’t make it a correct strategy. Years ago everyone punted on 4th down no matter what

So get rid of all special teams players because no one ever punts on 4th downs now? The guy was a good special teams player that earned his spot. He fucked up, we move on. Not like it will be hard to find another ST player.

31 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

So get rid of all special teams players because no one ever punts on 4th downs now? The guy was a good special teams player that earned his spot. He fucked up, we move on. Not like it will be hard to find another ST player.

Its not about lammons. Im saying in general i belong to the camp that thinks punter, kicker, and long snapper should be the only special teams only players.

i believe in fair catching punts, not bringing kickoffs out of the end zone, punting to the sideline, and letting butker kick into the endzone.

i dont want the 53rd man on the roster responsible for important plays instead of mahomes

17 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Its not about lammons. Im saying in general i belong to the camp that thinks punter, kicker, and long snapper should be the only special teams only players.

i believe in fair catching punts, not bringing kickoffs out of the end zone, punting to the sideline, and letting butker kick into the endzone.

i dont want the 53rd man on the roster responsible for important plays instead of mahomes

They are. ST capabilities are just used as tie-breakers for others when you don't really care about whomever you keep. With the way NFL has evolved returners must be exceptional to have a roster spot as just returners and gunners are basically project players that you want to keep around. 

21 minutes ago, sith13 said:

They are. ST capabilities are just used as tie-breakers for others when you don't really care about whomever you keep. With the way NFL has evolved returners must be exceptional to have a roster spot as just returners and gunners are basically project players that you want to keep around. 

So this is where we disagree, and i will end with this. There is NO WAY the chiefs saw chris lammons and marcus kemp as project players. These guys have zero upside and are here solely to be gunners. This is what i disagree with using a roster spot on.

2 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

So this is where we disagree, and i will end with this. There is NO WAY the chiefs saw chris lammons and marcus kemp as project players. These guys have zero upside and are here solely to be gunners. This is what i disagree with using a roster spot on.

Why do you think they have no upside

19 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Not sure about Lammons but Kemp is generally used a lot by the defense due to his size which is a big upside when practicing for the opposing teams. However if they believed some other player had more upside then they would keep him/them over these guys.