Ticking time bomb

5 hours ago, artsy said:

Tyreek might be telling the truth, versus taking sides..

We don't know yet. 

He may not sit in the qb room and see all of it. And pat strikes me as an honorable man, who wouldn’t say anything even if it did. There’s too many things that make sense in the article. And they are standing by it. And they’ve been right before. 

1 hour ago, KCSLC2008 said:

I can’t open up the link because it says an error, could you give me the gist of the optics part? They had to force feed it to Clyde to look like we were running the ball or what is it?

By optics i meant its a tough time to fire a minority well known coach, even though it may be whats best for the team given the current situation.

national media would give the organization a lot of grief after bieniemy failed to get a head coach job

11 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

By optics i meant its a tough time to fire a minority well known coach, even though it may be whats best for the team given the current situation.

national media would give the organization a lot of grief after bieniemy failed to get a head coach job

They can't fire a guy not under contract

I don't know about this.  I read this again and it's a horribly written article.  If it's from that little turd we kicked out of here years ago I would question the whole thing.  No one's on the record here.  Who knows what dipshit is feeding them this.  They can say it's sourced properly all they want but the credentials they listed scream "shitty wannabe blogger" not credible sports journalist.  They fact they supposedly took it down cause of the comments is another red flag.  

25 minutes ago, xen said:

I don't know about this.  I read this again and it's a horribly written article.  If it's from that little turd we kicked out of here years ago I would question the whole thing.  No one's on the record here.  Who knows what dipshit is feeding them this.  They can say it's sourced properly all they want but the credentials they listed scream "shitty wannabe blogger" not credible sports journalist.  They fact they supposedly took it down cause of the comments is another red flag.  

time will tell. I'm having a hard time  with giving him only a $1M contract for 1year I mean that's chicken feed in today's nfl. it is as if they kept him around hoping to get those extra draft picks. If you believed in him you'd lock him down. Regardless of the article where there is smoke there is fire. I for one will celebrate the day he is gone simply because there  needs to be something changed  and I think he is one of the changes that need made. Madison was another.

7 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

time will tell. I'm having a hard time  with giving him only a $1M contract for 1year I mean that's chicken feed in today's nfl. it is as if they kept him around hoping to get those extra draft picks. If you believed in him you'd lock him down. Regardless of the article where there is smoke there is fire. I for one will celebrate the day he is gone simply because there  needs to be something changed  and I think he is one of the changes that need made. Madison was another.

Oh I'm not saying there's not issues.  I do agree it's probably time to move on.  Btw that's right around average foe a coordinator

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

He may not sit in the qb room and see all of it. And pat strikes me as an honorable man, who wouldn’t say anything even if it did. There’s too many things that make sense in the article. And they are standing by it. And they’ve been right before. 

There was nothing in that article that wasn't 100% believable. Not saying it was all exactly what happened, but I have always suspected a riff between EB and Patrick. The 'competitive prick' comment, a negative description which he used twice, always seemed a bit forced to me... as if he was trying to get in a jab.

I hope they don't re-sign him. Key players need to respect their coordinators. Would be a shame to keep him around because 'optics'.

48 minutes ago, xen said:

Players do talk. Coaches and equipment managers talk. This story doesn't really say anything outrageous. It just says Patrick and EB don't get along. Which is not far fetched.

Thought I'd read this before too.

From the "article":

Kafka is known for being creative offensively at Arrowhead — his innovations are often called the “Mike Files.” He came up with “Rose Bowl Right,” the play the Chiefs ran for a key first down in Super Bowl LIV.

From USA today's Chiefs Wire article on possible OC replacements from the day before this article:

Joe Bleymaier: While he currently holds the title of Chiefs WRs coach, Bleymaier has worn plenty of hats for Kansas City during his career. He started off as an offensive quality control coach in 2016, serving as the team’s pass game analyst/assistant QB coach from 2018 to 2020. He’s also known for the “Joe Files” which are a collection of plays the team tends to draw from — like the play from the 1948 Rose Bowl that they used in Super Bowl LIV.

2 hours ago, Calichief said:

They've been right before....who the fuck are they? they did not even have the balls to put their names on it

11 minutes ago, xen said:

From the "article":

Kafka is known for being creative offensively at Arrowhead — his innovations are often called the “Mike Files.” He came up with “Rose Bowl Right,” the play the Chiefs ran for a key first down in Super Bowl LIV.

From USA today's Chiefs Wire article on possible OC replacements from the day before this article:

Joe Bleymaier: While he currently holds the title of Chiefs WRs coach, Bleymaier has worn plenty of hats for Kansas City during his career. He started off as an offensive quality control coach in 2016, serving as the team’s pass game analyst/assistant QB coach from 2018 to 2020. He’s also known for the “Joe Files” which are a collection of plays the team tends to draw from — like the play from the 1948 Rose Bowl that they used in Super Bowl LIV.

Wow, they stole from an article written less than 24 hours earlier...

Just now, KC Warpaint said:

Wow, they stole from an article written less than 24 hours earlier...

The guy they stole from is Charles Goldman.  He's typically in the press conference zooms so he does have some credibility.  

I have no idea who these clowns are except one of them was a kid we tossed out of here years ago.

1 hour ago, xen said:

some parts make sense. but some parts can't be true. such as "written into his contract he can over rule Reid on play calls"

theres no way thats a thing

3 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I agree. The optics maybe a tough one considering the replacement They have in mind may not be a minority. Not resigning him will more than likely not hit the news until EB signs on ( if he’s lucky) with another team and or college team. 
Hope we can put a deposit on the new OC and not introduce until EB makes his own move. 
If the chiefs do move on from EB, i can’t wait to see how this team will respond. 

I hope the truth comes out soon. It was painfully obvious that something happened to the Chiefs after that botched play to end the 1st half of the AFC championship game.   The offense was never the same again.  I would like to know what the Bronco's guy was talking about in that question he asked EB that his answer eliminated him as a head coach according to that story.  I watched that game and do not recall an incident between PM and EB.  At least it was not on the televised game.

3 hours ago, xen said:

From the "article":

I thought in an interview Reid said EB found that play, then I heard Kafta. Maybe I heard it wrong but that's what I think I remember. This is all crazy. I just hope it gets worked out. Right now, I'm with many of you, and would just like EB to leave, go somewhere, please. 

10 hours ago, WichitaZRide said:

I read that he feared he's get the same treatment as EB regarding Andy running the show, so he went somewhere that he wouldn't be in the HC's shadow

Well he's in basically the exact situation now with Daboll but may be thought it's much easier of a move to the HC gig or a more serious OC option from there.