Ticking time bomb

9 hours ago, xen said:

Thought I'd read this before too.

From the "article":

Kafka is known for being creative offensively at Arrowhead — his innovations are often called the “Mike Files.” He came up with “Rose Bowl Right,” the play the Chiefs ran for a key first down in Super Bowl LIV.

From USA today's Chiefs Wire article on possible OC replacements from the day before this article:

Joe Bleymaier: While he currently holds the title of Chiefs WRs coach, Bleymaier has worn plenty of hats for Kansas City during his career. He started off as an offensive quality control coach in 2016, serving as the team’s pass game analyst/assistant QB coach from 2018 to 2020. He’s also known for the “Joe Files” which are a collection of plays the team tends to draw from — like the play from the 1948 Rose Bowl that they used in Super Bowl LIV.

That is pretty damning. 

9 minutes ago, DieHard said:

I found the quote for the answer to the Bronco's question.  My source prefers to remain anonymous.

EB: It’s a slam dunk. It's gut-check time. You have to keep your eye on the ball. It takes more than Monday-Morning Quarterbacking. Don't pull any punches or you’ll drop the ball. You got to take it one play at a time because iron sharpens iron. We answered the bell. We knocked it out of the park. We took one for the team.

Broncos: We asked you if you wanted coffee.

EB: "At the end of the day...I'll take cream, no sugar."

13 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

i really do not see how EB can return to this team in any capacity now, it would be a gigantic distraction

Agreed. And with Allbright corroborating a lot of it, I think it's pretty clear that him and Pat may have reached a point where it's just time for a fresh start.

3 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Agreed. And with Allbright corroborating a lot of it, I think it's pretty clear that him and Pat may have reached a point where it's just time for a fresh start.

Sounds to me like it's beyond just he and Pat.  The part about the linemen I thought was telling.  There's no doubt there's something going on.  

EB has interviewed for half the teams in the league, and no one has taken him.  I really felt like Allbright's clip there was a big deal, because it reinforces that EB is being passed over for a reason.  Poles not even giving him in an interview was a pretty big deal as well.  

If the offense is going to reach it's potential, EB has got to go.  If even 10% of what was said is true (and I believe it's well more than 10%) then the end is now.  There's just too much here.

1 hour ago, moons314 said:

Sounds to me like it's beyond just he and Pat.  The part about the linemen I thought was telling.  There's no doubt there's something going on.  

EB has interviewed for half the teams in the league, and no one has taken him.  I really felt like Allbright's clip there was a big deal, because it reinforces that EB is being passed over for a reason.  Poles not even giving him in an interview was a pretty big deal as well.  

If the offense is going to reach it's potential, EB has got to go.  If even 10% of what was said is true (and I believe it's well more than 10%) then the end is now.  There's just too much here.

They need to make a decision and move on. The damn combine is less than 2 wks away. Let's get our staff settled.

There’s no way this team collapses the way it did without something wrong. 
Veach needs to drop the hammer and take the heat if there will be any and get rid of EB. 
it blows my mind how hot and then how damn cold this team can be in a game. That is not normal. There’s Ebs and flows but not like we have witnessed. 
this makes me mad to see that Reid and Veach allowed this to continue. 

11 hours ago, mex said:

Always suspicious when the first thing in the article is 'hey this is all facts and here is a complicated explanation of where were get our facts' 

that said, nothing in that story was implausible... except maybe the 'play calling is in EBs contract so Andy couldn't override' part

meltdowns like what we had in the AFCCG do not happen to a well-oiled machine

they happen when there is dissent and confusion 

Locker rooms are fickle places... dissent can create teams within teams which is never good

Exactly my point. The contract stuff is a joke. Overruling is a joke.

but headset confusion, poor play calling, pat and eb not getting along. All legit. And as for Kafka leaving, he probably had enough. 

Patrick and Brittany really getting slammed on twitter lately. I understand y’all don’t care, but they do. It’s getting kind of obsessive us Chiefs fans, but that’s who the fuck we are. 

This season needs to be over and done with. Chiefs need to step up and get on with their plans. 

So I haven't read any of responses other than a couple following my original post.  The more I've thought about it the more it doesn't make sense.   There might be parts that are true but in my desire to finding the smoking gun this makes every things look like EB's fault.   I don't believe that.   It's never just one guys fault.   Hill and Kelce and Mahomes have come out numerous times vouching for the guy.   JC wanted him fired years ago but Reid loves EB.   

So while I think there might be some things that are true I don't buy into the whole narrative that EB was a cancer.   Shoot, he allowed Mahomes to run Wasp during our SB winning game.   It might be best for him to move on but the PR hit is gonna look bad if EB doesn't want to leave.  I think this meeting with Reid is about finding out what EB wants and doing their best to accommodate that.   

9 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Well in all fairness, most likely by the Chief's next game Brittany will no longer be his fiancé, they will probably be married so that statement is technically true.  He says nothing about his wife.