Ticking time bomb

9 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

I am curious if EB and AR met this past week as was mentioned? Nothing has been mentioned anywhere.

There was talk about the looming meeting but not sure if anything else came out. Not sure how the story affects this whole process though.

5 hours ago, sith13 said:

There was talk about the looming meeting but not sure if anything else came out. Not sure how the story affects this whole process though.

Like most I'm sure, I wondered about this meeting as well. The Chiefs are being very quiet, but that's their M.O. 

7 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

I am curious if EB and AR met this past week as was mentioned? Nothing has been mentioned anywhere.

Just a guess, but I think if AR and EB met last week and EB was offered and took back his old job, the Chiefs would have announced it.  Same thing if EB absolutely quit.  Too late to grab a college HC job this year so probably EB is exploring other options and the Chiefs are offering a safety net. 

4 hours ago, jetlord said:

Just a guess, but I think if AR and EB met last week and EB was offered and took back his old job, the Chiefs would have announced it.  Same thing if EB absolutely quit.  Too late to grab a college HC job this year so probably EB is exploring other options and the Chiefs are offering a safety net. 

i don't want my team being a Safety Net, i want them to be like they were the past few seasons and kick ass

4 hours ago, jetlord said:

So you think the Chiefs are sitting around waiting for him to make his decision? Like Reid is cool with EB seeing g if theres anything better out there, and coming back to KC if not? I envision Reid being the one that dictates the hiring process within his own staff.

1 hour ago, KC Warpaint said:

i don't want my team being a Safety Net, i want them to be like they were the past few seasons and kick ass

Yep. And I want Reid to make the decisions that he gets paid to do when it comes to his staff. If EB is a locker cancer, get rid of him just as if it was a player. Period. 

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

So you think the Chiefs are sitting around waiting for him to make his decision? Like Reid is cool with EB seeing g if theres anything better out there, and coming back to KC if not? I envision Reid being the one that dictates the hiring process within his own staff.

With the Flores stuff going on, the decision to not rehire EB might belong to Clark Hunt.

7 hours ago, jetlord said:

The idea of the meeting actually taking place in the past but staying quiet as he considers other opportunities makes sense. Feels a lot like a thing a loyal guy like Reid would do but I don't like the idea of the Chiefs actually being the safety net at this point. We need to get rid of EB regardless and if there's going to be a hire coming in from elsewhere in the NFL we don't have much time left either as once the new season begins the whole thing becomes a huge mess. 

2 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

So much for Coen. No idea what the fuck is going on at Arrowhead, but after that playoff collapse you'd think there'd be some fucking urgency to get the staff in place and get to work.

Right. McVay just won the super bowl, and he's already balls deep in the 2022 season.  Our guys lost 3 weeks ago and we have staff issues with the combine in what, a week?  Maybe the Chiefs really do think they are just better, and that game was a fluke, and they're just going to keep on keepin on.  If that turned out to be true, there couldn't be a more disheartening theme to an offseason, ever.  Hopefully my tongue in cheek comment is just tongue in cheek. 

I just don't see this as a big deal. This is Reids show and he will find someone who will be an extension of himself with WCO philosophy, he's not looking for a "new offense". This is also assuming the EB piece is legitimate which nobody outside Arrowhead knows whether they want it to be true or not. If false, I doubt they give a fat rats ass if they inform us of an extension any time soon or not. 

In my mind the biggest issue we had was we abandoned the run when it was proving effective and defenses dropped everyone into coverage. What doesn't pass the smell test is that a former RB who was the previous RB coach is the one that refuses to call a run.  Nobody knows what the actual truth is, but my guess is no matter who gets plugged in as OC the results will be the same. 

1 hour ago, Biggjliv4 said:

In my mind the biggest issue we had was we abandoned the run when it was proving effective and defenses dropped everyone into coverage. What doesn't pass the smell test is that a former RB who was the previous RB coach is the one that refuses to call a run.  Nobody knows what the actual truth is, but my guess is no matter who gets plugged in as OC the results will be the same

That is the absolute truth.  Andy could easily have the pick of anyone to be the OC, in the NFL or college level but we will always end up with one of his boys.  Who wouldn't want to have toys to play with like 15, 87, 10?  Who wouldn't be breaking down the door to want to be our OC?  Maybe nobody wants to work under Reid as an OC?  If Kafka saw the writing on the wall with EB leaving why did he jump ship immediately? To the Giants no less.

Now we just wait for another ex-player or ex-coach of his to just walk through the door to be Andy's yes sir OC.

Also no I don't have any suggestions but there are 150+ college head coaches or OC's that would love a chance.  I just want someone new NOT a Reid boy. 

I took a quick look at Reid's coaching tree and on the offensive side it doesn't look good.  They seem to have 1 good year and then it goes down.  Peterson is obviously the highlight because he got a ring but other than that magical season its been below average.  Nagy is the same minus the ring....one good season then below average. 

8 minutes ago, DieHard said:

It felt that way, but the truth is we were around 60/40. We were more run heavy than say the Bucs or the Titans. Pretty close to NFL average I would think.

I didn't know that. It always seemed that they abandoned the run at the wrong times. If it got stuffed early they seem to go away from it.