Ticking time bomb

this is just sad. we have to retain a coach that no other team in the nfl wants because if we don't the chiefs are possibly added to brain flores lawsuit.

its OBVIOUSLY time for both sides to move on for the betterment of both parties.

bieniemy needs to stop using the chiefs as a crutch because he can't get a job and go explore the college ranks or something, sad sad stuff.

I'm ok with it either way.   EB getting a HC job only helps us with picks and since it won't be this year it could net us two future 3rd round picks.  That is good business for a guy who isn't the brains behind the offense.   If he bounces, my guess is Nagy is there to take up the position.  If EB comes back Nagy takes the QB coach job.   Lets not pretend like our offense sucked last year.  We had a down year and still were an elite offense.   Sure play calling was questionable in the AFCCG but Mahomes missed some plays he normally makes.   

Biggest issue isn't creativity its committing to run the ball when teams run a 3 man front and put 8 in coverage.   Not sure how any OC is going to change that if Reid is willing to die on that hill.  

2 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I'm ok with it either way.   EB getting a HC job only helps us with picks and since it won't be this year it could net us two future 3rd round picks.  That is good business for a guy who isn't the brains behind the offense.   If he bounces, my guess is Nagy is there to take up the position.  If EB comes back Nagy takes the QB coach job.   Lets not pretend like our offense sucked last year.  We had a down year and still were an elite offense.   Sure play calling was questionable in the AFCCG but Mahomes missed some plays he normally makes.   

Biggest issue isn't creativity its committing to run the ball when teams run a 3 man front and put 8 in coverage.   Not sure how any OC is going to change that if Reid is willing to die on that hill.  

that boat has sailed..he is now officially a charity case

If EB is so wonderful then why did KC extend him only one year? To me that says cut your losses and move on. He's been in the organization multiple years and an OC for 2, they know what they have. An extended contract would not prevent him from taking a HC job next year and the fact they didn't implies he's nothing special and neither parties are committed to each other. 

18 hours ago, Biggjliv4 said:

In my mind the biggest issue we had was we abandoned the run when it was proving effective and defenses dropped everyone into coverage. What doesn't pass the smell test is that a former RB who was the previous RB coach is the one that refuses to call a run.  Nobody knows what the actual truth is, but my guess is no matter who gets plugged in as OC the results will be the same. 

This goes back to Andys time in Philly.  I remember when he was hired in KC and this was the exact thing that philly fans were saying he abandons the run even if its going well.  That 2nd half of AFCCG had Andys fingerprints all over it.   Even when he had a bell cow RB in Hunt he did the same thing.  His in game play calling hasn't changed much in 20 plus years and i doubt it will. Its why imo who the OC matters very little.