Free agents

Don't know for sure if this goes here or not, but who or what position should we target?

I think DE is a must before the draft if possible. DE along with DB though are deep in upcoming draft. DE we should resign Ingram and maybe a one year gap in Von Miller. Jones from Arizona would be sweet if one can dream.

WR we probably go to a vet too instead of waiting for the pick to get the offense down. Of course Ju Ju or some have said the Atlanta WR, along with Goodwin could be targeted or even Robinson from Chicago. I like Robinson, he has done so much without a real qb. I think he would thrive with us.

DB, S and LB need to be addressed also. DB we have just skated by on but now is the time to invest a pick here. LB, middle could be had for depth or on the cheap like Josey Jewell.

S really depends on HB, but I would not mind letting him go and find his replacement else where. Bates maybe from cincy? We can have the money for FAs with Mahomes contract redone, Clark gone and Hitchens gone. Off the top if my head that is 28 mil or so right there. 

Any other FA names that can come in that you can think of or to watch it for?  With FA fast approaching on the legal period from 14 to 16 March with new year starting 16 March at 4 pm eastern.

Link below has a list of top FA and what to expect they will get.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-2022-free-agent-rankings-free-agency

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

I dont see any big moves until post draft then looking for cheap deals after that.

He came right out and told us in his year end press conference that they plan on being just as aggressive in fixing the d-line as they were the o-line last offseason. I mean Veach signed Thuney the first day of free agency last year. 

Veach isn't one to sit around and wait for things to happen. He goes out and happens to things.

Hitchens, Badger, Watkins, Thuney. Every year he's been GM there's been a splash signing. I think we will see a high profile pass rusher sign here day 1 of free agency.

My prediction is Randy Gregory, but I digress.

59 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

He came right out and told us in his year end press conference that they plan on being just as aggressive in fixing the d-line as they were the o-line last offseason. I mean Veach signed Thuney the first day of free agency last year. 

Veach isn't one to sit around and wait for things to happen. He goes out and happens to things.

Hitchens, Badger, Watkins, Thuney. Every year he's been GM there's been a splash signing. I think we will see a high profile pass rusher sign here day 1 of free agency.

I dont listen to post season blah blah nor do I pay much attention to  first  hours of Silly Season aka FA. That being said if Mr V see's an FA that is an equally good of a sign as Thuney was then by all means have at it.

16 hours ago, xen said:

veach is very likely gonna attack that DLine like a hungry lion on a zebra.  Gonna need a few defensive ends so wouldn't be surprised to see a splash FA signing + a high pick.  

That is my view as well.  I could see Von on a 2/22MM or Chandler for 3/44MM.  Ogbah is a FA also.  3/27MM maybe?  He balled in his first stint here.  Then a day 1-2 pick at DE.  

DB is crucial.  I have no faith in any of them outside of Sneed and Juan.  Fenton is solid.  If HB wants to give a discount, I would be open to bringing him back.  Someone will pay Ward more than we will offer(if).  Hughes is gone and Baker has shown nothing.  The FA market for corners is bare, so maybe a trade could address this need along with an early pick.  

19 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Can’t wait that long to address DE.   Someone is gonna be signed before the draft.   Veach has never backed himself in a corner like that before.   Would love Gregory.   Von would be awesome.  Chandler is getting a little long in the tooth and didn’t his play drop off a little at the end of the year.    I could be way wrong though about Jones.

WR for sure. Assuming we keep Ingram around I would look for another decent DE, may be another guy over 30, or an Ogbah-type that's a decent 2nd tier performer. Other than that I think it's all up to the cap.

Based on the draft reports Safety could be a shallow area so may be adding a free agent there could also be a good move. 

6 minutes ago, sith13 said:

WR for sure. Assuming we keep Ingram around I would look for another decent DE, may be another guy over 30, or an Ogbah-type that's a decent 2nd tier performer. Other than that I think it's all up to the cap.

Based on the draft reports Safety could be a shallow area so may be adding a free agent there could also be a good move. 

I heard that this draft is loaded with safeties.  Crazy how reporte differ so drastically.  Ingram is gonna be tough because he won’t sign early in to avoid OTAs and off-season work outs which keeps us from having some security before the draft.

51 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I heard that this draft is loaded with safeties.  Crazy how reporte differ so drastically.  Ingram is gonna be tough because he won’t sign early in to avoid OTAs and off-season work outs which keeps us from having some security before the draft.

It would be nice if the "experts" made their minds about the draft class :) Regarding Ingram I think he could sign with an OTA bonus or something just to be on the safe side himself as well. 

I feel like WR is the most important spot to fill. with our cap space and lack of bodies on that roster, its going to be very difficult to upgrade D line, offensive tackle, and secondary.

i have actually debated in my mind if davonte adams hits free agency if we shouldn't try to give him a massive deal and just accept the rest of the roster is going to suck. but simply bank on that fact adams, tyreek, and kelce will get open constantly and quickly.

15 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

god tier QB with weapons and refs that swallow flags so every defense is viable during playoffs is the path

God Tier QB with a "SERVICABLE" defense wins Championships too.

We need to invest in our defense. The other team can't win if they can't score.

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

defense wins championships

Y'all keep dying on that hill.

Rams rankings

Defense PA: 15

Defense yards: 17

Defensive passing yds against:  22

Offense PF rank: 8

Offense yards rank:  8

Offense Y/P:  4

Off. Passing yds:  5

Off. Rushing yds:  25

Passing AY/A:  6

Bengals rankings

Defense PA:  17

Defense yards:  18

Defensive passing yds against:  26

Offense PF rank: 7

Offense yards rank:  7

Offense Y/P:  7

Off. Passing yds:  7

Off. Rushing yds:  23

Passing AY/A:  1

7 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

I feel like WR is the most important spot to fill. with our cap space and lack of bodies on that roster, its going to be very difficult to upgrade D line, offensive tackle, and secondary.

i have actually debated in my mind if davonte adams hits free agency if we shouldn't try to give him a massive deal and just accept the rest of the roster is going to suck. but simply bank on that fact adams, tyreek, and kelce will get open constantly and quickly.

We need a WR and FA is the best place to find one but no reason to pay a guy 20 million a year in an offense that features Kelce and Hill. Basically we are looking for the #3 receiver. Best case scenario for a guy like Adams would be trading him after a season with a huge cap hit since he won't want to stay in this environment. 

I think the path to the SB is getting a 2nd tier WR and focusing on the defense. 

I think we see Kelce start to show some signs of wear and tear this year.  We definitely need to grab a legit #2 wr to start reducing Kelce's role in the regular season and to extend his career.   I think we should draft another one as well.   Other than that Defense needs to be the focus.

6 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I think we see Kelce start to show some signs of wear and tear this year.  We definitely need to grab a legit #2 wr to start reducing Kelce's role in the regular season and to extend his career.   I think we should draft another one as well.   Other than that Defense needs to be the focus.

I wouldn't rule out a legitimate target at TE either. We already have issues in the middle of the field besides Kelce so having another considerable investment there could make a lot of sense. Obviously defense gets more attention but a solid WR and a solid TE could fix the offense for the next few years considering that we already have the OL in place with some decent rushers (assuming we keep the bunch).

7 minutes ago, sith13 said:

I wouldn't rule out a legitimate target at TE either. We already have issues in the middle of the field besides Kelce so having another considerable investment there could make a lot of sense. Obviously defense gets more attention but a solid WR and a solid TE could fix the offense for the next few years considering that we already have the OL in place with some decent rushers (assuming we keep the bunch).

Have  the Chiefs not already  thrown a few draft picks at the TE  that have either failed or yet to pan out? Are they supposed to spend another day 1 or 2 pick with soo many more urgent needs?

34 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Have  the Chiefs not already  thrown a few draft picks at the TE  that have either failed or yet to pan out? Are they supposed to spend another day 1 or 2 pick with soo many more urgent needs?

Not sure about an early draft option. Defense seems to be a higher priority on that front. I think a better approach might be a legitimate #2 option at TE in FA with some upside could make sense.

With Kelce in town I doubt we'll be in a position to draft a TE in the first couple rounds unless we hit jackpot with most picks in a draft or two for more urgent needs. 

25 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Not sure about an early draft option. Defense seems to be a higher priority on that front. I think a better approach might be a legitimate #2 option at TE in FA with some upside could make sense.

With Kelce in town I doubt we'll be in a position to draft a TE in the first couple rounds unless we hit jackpot with most picks in a draft or two for more urgent needs. 

I would say Gray and Fortson can be there #2 option. Fortson looked like he really came on before the injury. And he should be ready to go by the start of the season. Look at the Akers  kid for the Rams. Tore the Achilles in august and was back for the playoffs. 
Gray was a rookie that we’ll develop. He has a very good skill set

1 hour ago, Palangi said:

I would say Gray and Fortson can be there #2 option. Fortson looked like he really came on before the injury. And he should be ready to go by the start of the season. Look at the Akers  kid for the Rams. Tore the Achilles in august and was back for the playoffs. 
Gray was a rookie that we’ll develop. He has a very good skill set

Yes, I agree. I think they believe Gray and Fortson will be the successors for TE. It will take both of them together to even come close to Kelce's production.