Free agents

On 2/23/2022 at 11:56 PM, sith13 said:

I definitely think we should be targetting a Juju or Williams type WR in FA. No doubt about that since it takes ages to develop WRs in this regime and we have bigger needs that can only be addressed with the earlier picks. Get a solid guy in FA and get some production right now.

However I don't think we should be looking for a star WR that will cost over 15 million per year as that would be a very bad investment.

I also like Cordell Patterson. 

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/25/2022 at 7:13 PM, Lamardirts said:

Alternative offseason game plan.

Signing Gronk would be fun in big packages.

Sign Allen Robinson

Alternative offseason.  

Sign Gronk 

Sign Devonta Freeman

Resign Jerrick Mckinnon

Go 12 personnel with Kelce, Gronk, McKinnon, Hill, and Robinson.

Who is stopping that personnel?

Why would you want to sign Devonta Freeman? 

5 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

That does make more sense. Freeman is a free agent too, so I thought maybe he just really liked his 2016 film or something...

Nope, Freeman.  But I actually meant D’Onta Foreman.   He looking really good for Tennessee at RB.  We don’t have a bell cow running back.  Foreman looked better than Henry in the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

Nope, Freeman.  But I actually meant D’Onta Foreman.   He looking really good for Tennessee at RB.  We don’t have a bell cow running back.  Foreman looked better than Henry in the playoffs. 

He does have outstanding athleticism for a guy his size. That's a really good thought bro. I loved him coming out of Texas.

If we can resign Williams, I think we are solid with Williams #1, CEH #2 and whoever #3. We actually ran more this year than we did the year Hunt won the rushing title. And ran for more yards. (Rushing TDs were the same at 16) Somehow we have a narrative that we don't run the ball, but its incorrect. WR is the only offensive in FA I am interested in if we can keep Williams. Other than that, defense.

1 hour ago, DieHard said:

If we can resign Williams, I think we are solid with Williams #1, CEH #2 and whoever #3. We actually ran more this year than we did the year Hunt won the rushing title. And ran for more yards. (Rushing TDs were the same at 16) Somehow we have a narrative that we don't run the ball, but its incorrect. WR is the only offensive in FA I am interested in if we can keep Williams. Other than that, defense.

Darrel Williams? You want him to be our starter?

13 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Darrel Williams? You want him to be our starter?

TBH I think he earned that spot. May be a healthy McKinnon would throw him off but otherwise I don't see CEH challenging Williams in this offense. Obviously it all depends on the scheme we do on the ground but Williams seems to be the more consistent option in the backfield with extended role. 

5 minutes ago, DieHard said:

I would be alright with that. Darrel is no joke. Gives hits instead of taking them.  He runs with attitude. Blocks well. Makes amazing catches. What more do you want? And how much are you willing to pay?

I think he could be a sleeper in FA that makes some GM very happy with the investment. The only upside for us is that the sample size isn't enough to attract many GMs. 

14 minutes ago, sith13 said:

TBH I think he earned that spot. May be a healthy McKinnon would throw him off but otherwise I don't see CEH challenging Williams in this offense. Obviously it all depends on the scheme we do on the ground but Williams seems to be the more consistent option in the backfield with extended role. 

I live the way he plays the game. I wonder what he will cost. 

1 hour ago, DieHard said:

I would be alright with that. Darrel is no joke. Gives hits instead of taking them.  He runs with attitude. Blocks well. Makes amazing catches. What more do you want? And how much are you willing to pay?

Someone that is a threat to go the distance. 
Williams is ok and solid. But getting more dynamic at RB would really open things up more. 

6 hours ago, Palangi said:

Someone that is a threat to go the distance. 
Williams is ok and solid. But getting more dynamic at RB would really open things up more. 

The holes this O line opens up sometimes is amazing....but our running backs outside of McKinnon aren't fast enough to hit them.   We don't need JC but we need a 4.4 dude to bust some big runs.   

14 hours ago, DieHard said:

Explosiveness. That's what I want. 

7 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

The holes this O line opens up sometimes is amazing....but our running backs outside of McKinnon aren't fast enough to hit them.   We don't need JC but we need a 4.4 dude to bust some big runs.   

I would be surprised if they go after more than a second day draft pick. A high dollar FA RB makes no sense with all the holes on D.

15 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Tough to find another JC, he was tailor-made for such an offense and such a line. At this point I see Jonathan Taylor being the closest thing but I don't mind a healthy McKinnon either. I don't care about the pure speed but we definitely need someone that can attack the holes rather fast with some agility.