Free agents

10 hours ago, DieHard said:

I would be surprised if they go after more than a second day draft pick. A high dollar FA RB makes no sense with all the holes on D.

I agree.  I think rbs can be found in just about every round.  Spending a 1st on a RB is an idiotic move.  I’m sure Veach has learned!   I’m not even sure they will exercise the 5th year option for him.   I think 3rd day pick or an older vet like Phillip Lindsay.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, KC Warpaint said:

TE Kyle Rudolph was released by the Giants today, wonder if he would be a good fit with Travis

I think Fortson is Kelce’s heir apparent. If not him, then it is Gray. I don’t want to take snaps away from either of them. I don’t know why people want to add to maybe the deepest position we have on the team. I would add another RB before adding a TE and I really don’t want to do that either. We would only do that if they think CEH is not the long term answer. I was hoping we might get our K. Hunt replacement with Clyde but I don’t think he is of that caliber, unfortunately.

9 minutes ago, Dan4pres said:

I think Fortson is Kelce’s heir apparent. If not him, then it is Gray. I don’t want to take snaps away from either of them. I don’t know why people want to add to maybe the deepest position we have on the team. I would add another RB before adding a TE and I really don’t want to do that either. We would only do that if they think CEH is not the long term answer. I was hoping we might get our K. Hunt replacement with Clyde but I don’t think he is of that caliber, unfortunately.

Good points but if we cannot find or make work a legit number 2 WR then having another play making TE makes sense I think. 
i agree about CEH. 

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

CEH costs how much?  Barkley costs how much?  Reid would use Barkley how much?

The money is an interesting side to this no doubt. Barkley will be $7m this next year. 
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-york-giants/saquon-barkley-25097/

But when Hunt was our guy he had 272 carries  in one year. And 53 catches. That’s 325 touches. I’d say that’s good usage. So if Reid has a guy that is a threat and is a front line runner. He does use them. 

9 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Oh shizzle, my nizzles!!!

Would be nice add as he is only 27. I don't really know how he has done since his injury. His route running is excellent with good speed. Drops though can be an issue.

57 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Amari puts up good stats but his attitude is doesn’t give a F. He has never ever scared me when we had to play vs him. Would have to be way cheaper than what he will go for 

If you ran the team, we'd have a group of tackling dummies as our offensive line, a bunch of under the bridge hobos in the secondary, with 120 million in cap room. 

6 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

If you ran the team, we'd have a group of tackling dummies as our offensive line, a bunch of under the bridge hobos in the secondary, with 120 million in cap room. 

Naw, i would have used the money to make sure brian pringle and demarcus robinson aren’t the #2 and #3 wr’s

2 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

What do people think of juju ? 
Can he create separation? Speed? Pick up the playbook? I’m not sure. 
I’m not giddy about the possibility. 

I'm not giddy but  for that matter I'm not against him either. A lot depends on cost.  Other than see him playing  in Steelers games I really dont know much about him and what he brings to the table

He caught for over 800 yds and nine TDs in 2020.  Not much last season due to injuries.  Sound familiar?  Don't know if he has an injury history or if last year was unusual.  Still young and I think he would be a threat that would draw coverage away from Hill and Kelce.  Not worth a huge contract IMHO, but would fill the receiver room until a draft choice emerges.