Free agents

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

What do people think of juju ? 
Can he create separation? Speed? Pick up the playbook? I’m not sure. 
I’m not giddy about the possibility. 

Im not giddy, but, he is an above average nfl caliber WR who will probably come at a solid discount to rebuild his value.

he tried the open market last season and didn’t find any real takers, time to play with mahomes on a 1 or 2 year deal and boost his value.

these are the good kind of risks to take in free agency.

tyreek, allen robinson (or 1st/2nd round pick), juju, and pringle and hardman as the 4 and 5 is a major upgrade over what we had this year and also realistic 

4 hours ago, xen said:

JuJu scares me a little.  He primarily does his damage out of the slot.  So my question is, did the Stillers have him in the slot cause they needed to scheme releases?   If so, that would be a problem. 

I think he is a huge upgrade over anything we have behind Hill and Kelce.   I don't think he is elite but his price point will be a big plus.  If he gets a contract similar to what he got last year then we could draft another wr in rounds 1/2 to pair with Hill, Hardman, and possibly Pringle.  That would allow more money to upgrade the D.

Signing an Allen Robinson/Cooper/Godwin, which would be an upgrade over Juju, is gonna be in the 15-20 million range and take away what we could do on D.  

Which route do you prefer or do you prefer another line of thinking?  

9 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I think he is a huge upgrade over anything we have behind Hill and Kelce.   I don't think he is elite but his price point will be a big plus.  If he gets a contract similar to what he got last year then we could draft another wr in rounds 1/2 to pair with Hill, Hardman, and possibly Pringle.  That would allow more money to upgrade the D.

Signing an Allen Robinson/Cooper/Godwin, which would be an upgrade over Juju, is gonna be in the 15-20 million range and take away what we could do on D.  

Which route do you prefer or do you prefer another line of thinking?  

My worry is Juju not moving the needle cause you have to put him in the slot to get releases.  We have shit for X, but lots of slot options.   That said, that may not have been the reason they played him there, I haven't looked.  But it's usually why a team would consistently play a guy his size in the slot.

6 minutes ago, xen said:

My worry is Juju not moving the needle cause you have to put him in the slot to get releases.  We have shit for X, but lots of slot options.   That said, that may not have been the reason they played him there, I haven't looked.  But it's usually why a team would consistently play a guy his size in the slot.

could be maybe Ben  had no time and little arm left so they figure that was the easiest way to get the ball to him?

22 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I'm not giddy but  for that matter I'm not against him either. A lot depends on cost.  Other than see him playing  in Steelers games I really dont know much about him and what he brings to the table

I agree it all depends on the cost. Juju is a solid WR with nice upside but not a start to rely on as the top receiver. He makes a lot of sense for a sensible amount and Veach should definitely keep that in mind if he's really a target. 

all this talk about needing to replace Sammy Watkins and then I found this Mecole Hardman had more receiving yards this year 693) than Sammy Watkins did while playing for The Kansas City Chiefs 

makes me downgrade the need for a FA WR a bit more or at least look at our time with Sammy as a giant MEH!

29 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

all this talk about needing to replace Sammy Watkins and then I found this Mecole Hardman had more receiving yards this year 693) than Sammy Watkins did while playing for The Kansas City Chiefs 

makes me downgrade the need for a FA WR a bit more or at least look at our time with Sammy as a giant MEH!

I think we were in the top 5 in passing TDs and top 10 in yards. Bottom 10 in D.  I could see making due the the same cast of characters on O if needed. As long as we beef up the D substantially.

On 3/7/2022 at 3:01 PM, oldtimer said:

Sammy was hurt a lot so his numbers were skewed also when teams would double hill and Kelce Watkins came up with big plays in big moments.   Not saying Mecole Is bad and he did finish strong but I wouldn’t put all my eggs in that basket. I think KC finally realized how to use him more effectively which is still not in the natural flow of the game.  Mahomes still doesn’t trust him for whatever reason.   

Also I love the idea of Mecole being our #4 option behind Hill, Kelce, and FA/draft.   

I’m glad we resigned Gordon.  He didn’t have time mentally and psychologically to get back up to speed.  It’s a low risk high reward signing.  Proud of the guy for staying clean and being positive in a lackluster year for him.  That had to be tough to know you just wasn’t quite right and instead of making excuses or pointing fingers he remained positive and gracious.   

Im not holding out hope he’s going to dominate but I hope he can get back up to speed and be a fourth or fifth option.  He’s a beast if he can get right.

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Hicks, Wagner and Van Roy out there. Not sure how this works with Bolton and Gay starting. ( Veach get someone to push Neiman down the list please)