Free agents

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

couple names

DE Trey Flowers being released by Lions. Guy has been injury plagued last 2 years. Is more of run stuffer at DE, i personally like that. Wouldn't be interested unless he only commands a 1 year 5 mil type deal to fill the Alex Okafor role this season.

Safety Landon Collins being released by Washington. He absolutely SUCKS in pass coverage, but he essentially fills a Sorenson type role. If we wants to win a title and will play for the cheap salary a run stuffing safety commands i would rather give him 2.5 mil than have niemann or sorenson back. just for the sake of change.

On 3/9/2022 at 6:08 PM, Holmes4six! said:

Hicks, Wagner and Van Roy out there. Not sure how this works with Bolton and Gay starting. ( Veach get someone to push Neiman down the list please) 

I prefer to have Nieman off the list.  Pushing Nieman down the list implies he is still on the roster (meaning Spags will play him every down of nickel or dime defense).

5 hours ago, sith13 said:

Was going to post about Collins too. He seems like a guy we could use in the box and near the scrimmage type like HB did.

Heard an interesting possibility of the Eagles trading Fletch Cox on NFL network show. I think if we resign Ingram and draft a DE, we would be great to have Cox on this line for a few years. Cant double up on CJ anymore all the time this way. Of course the price may be to high, but man it would help our interior pass rush which helps the edge rushers too.

14 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Heard an interesting possibility of the Eagles trading Fletch Cox on NFL network show. I think if we resign Ingram and draft a DE, we would be great to have Cox on this line for a few years. Cant double up on CJ anymore all the time this way. Of course the price may be to high, but man it would help our interior pass rush which helps the edge rushers too.

I think the Ingram resigning is extremely overlooked. If we get it done it'll be a huge boost to the defense and if not we'll end up with yet another hole to fill. I hope it's done quickly.

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33471634/jury-finds-former-minnesota-vikings-cb-jeff-gladney-not-guilty-felony-assault-charges

This makes sense. I hope Veach pursues it. He's made chicken salad out of chicken shit for yrs at CB. And this could be a high end solution for pennies on the dollar.

just saw this online and was going to post it...i do wonder if KC is checking him out

21 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

100% chance Veach is trying to bring Gladney in. its just a given any failed 1st round pick CB that still has a chance to be good is on the watch list

one would hope so . He and Tyreek sure could have a talk

3 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/33471634/jury-finds-former-minnesota-vikings-cb-jeff-gladney-not-guilty-felony-assault-charges

This makes sense. I hope Veach pursues it. He's made chicken salad out of chicken shit for yrs at CB. And this could be a high end solution for pennies on the dollar.

Hell yes!  I still think he was going to be our pick in 2020.  Then Minny traded up and took him right before our pick.  

one more day and the legal tampering period begins. I dont think we make a big splash like last year, right away. I do think we get a wow, cant believe we got that guy type of splash and watch Veach work his magic. JJ being a formality here, I do think we get a couple solid filler type guys and one big unexpected guy that just solidifies Veach as a genius of a GM.

I think the tampering will help us figure out what it takes to keep guys like Ingram or Ward in town. It could possibly help clarify the worth of some rotational guys as well but I also doubt we go for a splash this year. However last year's smooth process with Thuney keeps me guessing about all possibilities. 

1 hour ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Sounds like Allen Robinson to browns is a done deal,along with them cutting jarvis landry.

chiefs are already being linked to a released landry.

if we could swing a landry for 7 mil, and a juju for 7 mil,instead of allen robinson for 15 mil that could be exciting 

Landry would be steady but he finds ways to get open with out speed or being physical and there is value in that.  No one else on this team could consistently do that.  Juju has had two rough years but one was injury plagued and Ben is a shell of himself.  He would thrive in that #2/#3 role. The biggest issue might have more to do with attitude and locker room chemistry.  We share the ball here generally and whoever comes isn’t going to be hauling in 100 rec or 12-15 TDs barring an injury to Kelce or Hill.   It will be about winning chips and being that missing piece this O needs.  That isn’t for everyone.  Excited to see Veach work but Gladney would be awesome and would add another talented young DB on the cheap!

1 hour ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Sounds like Allen Robinson to browns is a done deal,along with them cutting jarvis landry.

chiefs are already being linked to a released landry.

if we could swing a landry for 7 mil, and a juju for 7 mil,instead of allen robinson for 15 mil that could be exciting 

Per who or what link? I know they traded for Cooper but have heard nothing on Robinson 

Looks like there are quite a few prove-it-deal type of guys this year around. I would look to add Juju + Landry + Flowers (DE) and reap the rewards of low investment while giving them a place to showcase their skills for a big payday next year. 

6 hours ago, sith13 said:

Looks like there are quite a few prove-it-deal type of guys this year around. I would look to add Juju + Landry + Flowers (DE) and reap the rewards of low investment while giving them a place to showcase their skills for a big payday next year. 

This would be excellent given our cap issues