Free agents

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the wording is critical. If it's just for 2022 that basically means they don't want to pay a free agent in the long term but also don't like this draft class or think that we have enough draft capital to fix all the holes. I definitely preferred HB to leave for a long-term deal somewhere else but if he's willing to stay for anything less than 10 million I don't mind just postponing the need for a year. 

14 minutes ago, sith13 said:

I think the wording is critical. If it's just for 2022 that basically means they don't want to pay a free agent in the long term but also don't like this draft class or think that we have enough draft capital to fix all the holes. I definitely preferred HB to leave for a long-term deal somewhere else but if he's willing to stay for anything less than 10 million I don't mind just postponing the need for a year. 

seems that this Safety Class is mighty deep with some real dandy's to be had so hard to imagine that. I do agree with the rest.  The wording sounds like a 1 year deal and if it is 8-10 mil fine, Maybe taking a safety in the later rounds that they think HB cant mentor

10 minutes ago, xen said:

Waiting for a very similar announcement regarding Clark.

Regarding Smith if he's fully healthy I think he's a guy that fits Spags' idea of a DE in terms of size and build. Not sure about him in an extended role against the run but at least on the pass rushing aspect he would be a huge addition. Obviously it'll depend on the price but being on the wrong side of 30 should trigger a discount.

11 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Waiting for a very similar announcement regarding Clark.

Regarding Smith if he's fully healthy I think he's a guy that fits Spags' idea of a DE in terms of size and build. Not sure about him in an extended role against the run but at least on the pass rushing aspect he would be a huge addition. Obviously it'll depend on the price but being on the wrong side of 30 should trigger a discount.

You may be waiting just a bit longer on clark.  We don't have to be under the cap until Wed when the league year and free agency start.  Makes sense to slow play and figure out your options (trade, restructure, what FA edges will go for what, etc.. ).  You can cut him at any time.

Smith is a good player but is coming off a back injury which may depress his value a bit.

4 minutes ago, xen said:

You may be waiting just a bit longer on clark.  We don't have to be under the cap until Wed when the league year and free agency start.  Makes sense to slow play and figure out your options (trade, restructure, what FA edges will go for what, etc.. ).  You can cut him at any time.

Smith is a good player but is coming off a back injury which may depress his value a bit.

I thought it was a shoulder injury. I definitely don't want a 30-year old player with a recent back injury unless it's dirt cheap. 

2 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Sources on landry were correct, so maybe the fact he was in talks was chiefs was accurate.

damien wilson coming back on a cheap deal sounds good to me, he played well for the chiefs, better than hitchens and niemann

Season 2 Yes GIF by Paramount+

15 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Sources on landry were correct, so maybe the fact he was in talks was chiefs was accurate.

damien wilson coming back on a cheap deal sounds good to me, he played well for the chiefs, better than hitchens and niemann

I ask again what sources? Also if he or the Chiefs were talking to him, they would get nailed for it. Tampering with a guy before FA let alone a guy who is not a FA is  seriously stupid.

Are you basing it off Jordan Schultz? If so it would be nice to see links so one could read up in it instead fo some top secret squirrel shit.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2022/03/12/kc-chiefs-rumors-jarvis-landry-reportedly-teams-sights/