Free agents

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Veach Guy? 

Free agent CB Jeff Gladney is visiting the Cardinals.

Gladney was drafted 31st-overall by the Vikings in the 2020 NFL Draft. He was indicted on third-degree felony domestic violence charges after his rookie season and the team waived him. He missed the entire 2021 season but was found not guilty in court last week. Now facing no criminal penalties and no suspensions from the league, Gladney will be a name to monitor on the open market. He started 15 games as a rookie but allowed 8.3 yards per target and received a below-average coverage grade from Pro Football Focus. Expect a cheap, short-term deal from the Cardinals or any other team that takes a flier on the former first-round pick.

12 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

A Veach Guy? 

Free agent CB Jeff Gladney is visiting the Cardinals.

Gladney was drafted 31st-overall by the Vikings in the 2020 NFL Draft. He was indicted on third-degree felony domestic violence charges after his rookie season and the team waived him. He missed the entire 2021 season but was found not guilty in court last week. Now facing no criminal penalties and no suspensions from the league, Gladney will be a name to monitor on the open market. He started 15 games as a rookie but allowed 8.3 yards per target and received a below-average coverage grade from Pro Football Focus. Expect a cheap, short-term deal from the Cardinals or any other team that takes a flier on the former first-round pick.

He was backup to Hughes, not really keen on adding that but may be he had some raw talent (besides the domestic violence) that can be coached up. At this point I think he would be a camp body.

There are a few players i would like to see the chiefs interested in, most are in their late 20's early 30's which is a lifetime in football terms so nothing more than a one or two year deal

Chandler Jones

Allen Robinson

Jarvis Landry

Stephon Gilmore

Janoris Jenkins

Zadarius Smith

Melvin Engram

JuJu Smith Schuster

Myles Jack

Lorenzo Carter

Dante Fowler

Riley Reiff

Eric Fisher

18 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Hey i like the job veach is doing, but certainly there are some GMs that are worse than fans. Scott Pioli comes to mind, or any GM the Jets have, had, or will ever hire

does anyone else cringe or roll their eyes whenever Pioli is on NFL Network as a so called expert?

Another DE hitting the market. We are still 10.5 mil over the cap, but Veach and them will get it down before 4 pm EST. Thing is, a lot of people getting cut too by other teams.

Carl Nassib will be designated a post June 1 release, saving the Raiders $8 million against the cap, per source. But Nassib free to find another team now.
Quote Tweet

@spotrac
· 21m
$3M saved if the release is immediate, $8M saved if this is a Post June 1 designation. twitter.com/AdamSchefter/s…

i will admit i am now starting to get a bit nervous about the silence from the Chiefs, we need pass rushers and we are just letting them walk to our rivals in the west. And before anyone brings it up, NO i would not pay Jones $17 mil a year but now our OLine is gonna be tested EVERY week.

14 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

Is there a John Tait like tackle out there? A dude who could become a LT if Brown demands too much money or gets hurt?

Don't know if we have to go pick 30 but some of these guys should be there Round 2 or 3.

Nick Petit-Frere OSU

Height: 6-5. Weight: 315.
Projected 40 Time: 5.2.
Projected Round (2022): 1-2.

Daniel Faalele, OT, Minnesota
Height: 6-8. Weight: 387.
Projected 40 Time: 5.3.
Projected Round (2022): 1-3.

Darian Kinnard, OT, Kentucky
Height: 6-4. Weight: 324.
Projected 40 Time: 5.2.
Projected Round (2022): 1-3.

What DT help is out there? Saw Washington released Ioannidis due to cap. He any good for the run? He does have some pass rushing sbity per his stats. We really need to get the center of our DL solid and help the pass rush with Jones.