Free agents

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Wiley back 1 year 2.5 mil btw. Good signing. Its going to be damn near impossible for any Offensive Tackle duo to slow down the pass rush in the afc this season, but we can do worse than wiley for 2.5 mil. Hopefully he is a backup swing guy, if he starts at RT again it wont be ideal but not the end of the world

At least a little good news.

22 minutes ago, Mr Ev said:

I guess one super bowl was enough for this franchise….don’t seem to concerned with winning another one anytime soon.  Everyone else is killing it in the division.  

At this point we need to build through the draft. Not by overpaying for mediocre, old and/or broken players.  

With where we are capwise I don't think the plan was to hit the first wave of FA hard.

Frankly I love that all these teams are loading up on these pass rushers cause it means some really good ones will fall in the draft.  This is one of the better years for edge players we've seen in the draft.

One more thing.  At this point last year our oline rebuild consisted of Joe Thuney and nothing else.

Ok you ladies carry on.  I'm gonna go start some rumors about Jermaine Johnson and his massive drug problem that I just made up.

34 minutes ago, Mr Ev said:

I guess one super bowl was enough for this franchise….don’t seem to concerned with winning another one anytime soon.  Everyone else is killing it in the division.  

Everyone else hasn’t won shit. Chiefs have been to 4 straight afc title games. 2 Super Bowls. Could have been 4. Not like they aren’t trying.

for fucks sake…

24 minutes ago, xen said:

At this point we need to build through the draft. Not by overpaying for mediocre, old and/or broken players.  

With where we are capwise I don't think the plan was to hit the first wave of FA hard.

Frankly I love that all these teams are loading up on these pass rushers cause it means some really good ones will fall in the draft.  This is one of the better years for edge players we've seen in the draft.

One more thing.  At this point last year our oline rebuild consisted of Joe Thuney and nothing else.

Ok you ladies carry on.  I'm gonna go start some rumors about Jermaine Johnson and his massive drug problem that I just made up.

You are right.  Can't trade picks and hand out massive deals either.  Have to hit on hard positions in the draft.   I'm also not sure that this run will mean an edge rusher will fall.  All those teams that just lost an edge will be looking to upgrade as well.  I also think teams know that if they want to beat the Bills, Chiefs, Bengals, Bucs they have to have a dominant pass rush.   

This would be the perfect time to deviate from the rest of the league.  Value would be there too.  DE/OLB are expensive.  Grab a La'el Collins and a RB and start smashing the ball.   I don't think any of the AFC west teams beefed up on the interior they just added edges so they could rush 4.   I think it is something a dynamic HC would see and take advantage of.  I don't foresee us doing this though.

1 hour ago, Mr Ev said:

All I've seen is a bunch of desperate teams trying to catch us in the AFC and AFC west.   The amount of money tied up in older vets is crazy.   It may pay off this year or it may not but none of these signings is a sure deal.   Prices will drop and we will fill our roster with solid vets for moderate deals which will help us down the road.  This isn't a sprint its a marathon.  The Chargers and Bills are the two teams that worry me the most at the moment but they blew their wads already and we are just getting started.   Just be patient for a few more weeks.

22 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

You are right.  Can't trade picks and hand out massive deals either.  Have to hit on hard positions in the draft.   I'm also not sure that this run will mean an edge rusher will fall.  All those teams that just lost an edge will be looking to upgrade as well.  I also think teams know that if they want to beat the Bills, Chiefs, Bengals, Bucs they have to have a dominant pass rush.   

This would be the perfect time to deviate from the rest of the league.  Value would be there too.  DE/OLB are expensive.  Grab a La'el Collins and a RB and start smashing the ball.   I don't think any of the AFC west teams beefed up on the interior they just added edges so they could rush 4.   I think it is something a dynamic HC would see and take advantage of.  I don't foresee us doing this though.

RT and an X and we're in business.  Tbh none of the edge rushers added move the needle that much for me.  Za'darius was by far the best of the bunch and he was neutralized by going to the Ravens, cause you know, they suck.  

Wake me up when any team wins the superbowl because they're the best rushing team and not also an explosive passing offense and I might agree with the rest of that.  Otherwise my opinion remains to surround your all world QB with too many weapons in the passing game for the other side to deal with.

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

Everyone else hasn’t won shit. Chiefs have been to 4 straight afc title games. 2 Super Bowls. Could have been 4. Not like they aren’t trying.

for fucks sake…

You’re right.  I’ve tasted that sweet nectar of the Chiefs winning the Super Bowl and haven’t had to endure a Donkey victory for so long, I just flat out don’t want anything different.  

KC needs to take it easy and not build on the dumb contracts we’ve had in the past with more dumb contracts. Let those other teams do the dumb stuff.

RT, WR are the holes to fill on offense.

DT, Edge, CB, S depth and LB depth.

I’d guess they get a vet WR or two on the cheap and draft a lot of youth on Defense with a RT and second WR for good measure.

The Chiefs need to get younger and faster on defense.  Thornhill, Reid, Sneed, Gay, and Bolton make a good start.  Offense is missing only a WR2 and better backup at RT.  Not a time to panic because other teams are on a spending spree for short term solutions. 

1 hour ago, Spfdchiefsfan said:

My opinion, it's nice being the one chased instead of the chaser.  Right now, we are the standard and everyone is doing what they can to catch up.  Period.  In Veach I trust!

And it is costing them to do so. In the long run they will be going into cap hell of they continue to try it this way. Denver already gave away their future picks too. Chargers are the ones who need it now because Herbert won't be cheap much longer. Raiders.....well they're the Raiders.

Just now, Holmes4six! said:

Best way to fix that is get a RT. We have our LT. 
wouldn’t shock me if Veach is looking at that. 

Wouldn't shock me if they moved OBJ to the right if need be. he can get paid as such because LT and RT are pretty damn close in money. Extend him first though. I highly doubt he goes RT but he did excel there.

15 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Wouldn't shock me if they moved OBJ to the right if need be. he can get paid as such because LT and RT are pretty damn close in money. Extend him first though. I highly doubt he goes RT but he did excel there.

Was never about money for him…..he looks at being LT as the best of the best and to make his father proud.  RT is trash in his mind.

10 hours ago, xen said:

RT and an X and we're in business.  Tbh none of the edge rushers added move the needle that much for me.  Za'darius was by far the best of the bunch and he was neutralized by going to the Ravens, cause you know, they suck.  

Wake me up when any team wins the superbowl because they're the best rushing team and not also an explosive passing offense and I might agree with the rest of that.  Otherwise my opinion remains to surround your all world QB with too many weapons in the passing game for the other side to deal with.

yeah, i said as much before glad we did not hand out obscene contracts to guys like Von Miller. but while these teams are loading up on edge rushers, go after Robinson or Landry etc, but i do want the team to give CJ some help and keeping clark is not enough at the moment