Free agents

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Balto said:

Was never about money for him…..he looks at being LT as the best of the best and to make his father proud.  RT is trash in his mind.

I know this, but his father thought of it as the glamorous position. Back in his day, it was. Now with the RT being as important as LT it is not much different other than his dad saw it this way. Also the fact the LT made a lot more money back then at LT etc. I am not saying they will do it, rather it is an option if it has to happen. The guy was awesome at RT. He got better as the year went along at LT and we will see how he does this year. If he is not great and we can get a LT then to improve that position, he still can go to RT for the betterment of the team. I am sure his dad would have loved to see his son win a ring over playing LT at this time and how it is viewed now.

21 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

I know this, but his father thought of it as the glamorous position. Back in his day, it was. Now with the RT being as important as LT it is not much different other than his dad saw it this way. Also the fact the LT made a lot more money back then at LT etc. I am not saying they will do it, rather it is an option if it has to happen. The guy was awesome at RT. He got better as the year went along at LT and we will see how he does this year. If he is not great and we can get a LT then to improve that position, he still can go to RT for the betterment of the team. I am sure his dad would have loved to see his son win a ring over playing LT at this time and how it is viewed now.

Oh I 100% agree with you about the value of RT vs LT…I just don’t think OBJ agrees with us lol

KC has moved on from HB with Reid.

They clipped Clark's contract.  My guess is that MVPat has restructured and they are now trying to get

Tyreek to a manageable agreement.....This may not be easy based on the big bags o cash some the the lesser WR's

have gotten.

KC will probably come in with a "string" of announcements as we get to Free Agency Wave II

JMO

1 minute ago, arrowhead said:

I'd like a BFF DT, like Hicks or Campbell. Draft an edge. Sign Collins at RT. 

Cole Beasley just came available for the slot and sign Robinson.

just was going to post that but  I wonder would a Beasley and Laundry/OBJ signing for about the same as Robinson be better?

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

just was going to post that but  I wonder would a Beasley and Laundry/OBJ signing for about the same as Robinson be better?

Get Robinson, Hardman to slot and even Hill can play there from time to time

Just now, oldtimer said:

Beasley's kinda long in the tooth, but he's an anti-vaxxer. Sign him.🤪

I think Robinson provides more over the top options. When will OBJ be back from his ACL?

Landry would be a good possession guy.

11 minutes ago, arrowhead said:

Beasley's kinda long in the tooth, but he's an anti-vaxxer. Sign him.🤪

I think Robinson provides more over the top options. When will OBJ be back from his ACL?

Landry would be a good possession guy.

No to Beasley.  Robinson also can catch the tough 50/50 balls over the middle. Landry would be good too and can play slot. No to OBJ, he won't be back until November I believe.

Be happy if we got Robinson,  Landry or JJ in that order.

I'd be fine with a Landry+OBJ signing.  Landry would be enough of an upgrade to get us through till OBJ is healthy.  Then to have Hill, Kelce, OBJ and Landry would be a major upgrade over past years for the Playoffs.

Only if teh cost is right of course

#chiefs have been looking into star CB Stephan Gilmore .per league source

Patrick Peterson is on NFL Network right now. Mentioned that the #Chiefs are one of the teams who have expressed interest in him. He also said that "money talks" so might as well take them out of the running for time being.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2022/03/17/lael-collins-makes-lot-sense-kc-chiefs-right-tackle/

Just now, kkuenn said:

#chiefs have been looking into star CB Stephan Gilmore .per league source

Patrick Peterson is on NFL Network right now. Mentioned that the #Chiefs are one of the teams who have expressed interest in him. He also said that "money talks" so might as well take them out of the running for time being.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2022/03/17/lael-collins-makes-lot-sense-kc-chiefs-right-tackle/

Looks like Zadarius Smith is back on the market. Not sure what happened in Baltimore but they ain't signing him.

6 minutes ago, THEWIZARD said:

Looks like Zadarius Smith is back on the market. Not sure what happened in Baltimore but they ain't signing him.

Za'Darius Smith becomes latest NFL player to change his mind on a deal.

Ravens believed they had an agreement on a 4-year, $35 million deal, but Smith decided not to sign it.

So, Smith is a free agent and the Ravens' search for a pass-rusher continues.

(@RapSheet on it first)

— Jamison Hensley

2 hours ago, West said:

KC has moved on from HB with Reid.

They clipped Clark's contract.  My guess is that MVPat has restructured and they are now trying to get

Tyreek to a manageable agreement.....This may not be easy based on the big bags o cash some the the lesser WR's

have gotten.

KC will probably come in with a "string" of announcements as we get to Free Agency Wave II

JMO

MVPat won't restructure until tomorrow.  His bonus is due then and you can't restructure a bonus until it's paid