Free agents

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, THEWIZARD said:

Fletcher Cox has been released by the Eagles. For now.

Could be a great addition to the line if he was reasonably priced.

I would love this move.  Sign him, Ingram, maybe get Gilmore…. Then move on to the draft & pick best player available.  Get 2-3 DL in the draft.

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

Za'Darius Smith becomes latest NFL player to change his mind on a deal.

Ravens believed they had an agreement on a 4-year, $35 million deal, but Smith decided not to sign it.

So, Smith is a free agent and the Ravens' search for a pass-rusher continues.

(@RapSheet on it first)

— Jamison Hensley

Hmmmmmmmm.  I mean I'd sign him in a second if the medical is ok

14 minutes ago, West said:

X,

I think MVP's deal is done...they just can't announce it until tomorrow.

w

They can't submit it until tomorrow.  There is no deal to do, they can do it without Pat's permission.   They just have to cut the check and submit the paperwork

GET HIM!

The Philadelphia Eagles are releasing six-time Pro Bowl defensive tackle Fletcher Cox but hope to re-sign him on a reworked contract, a source confirmed to ESPN. Now that he's a free agent, however, he also will be able to sign with another team if he and the Eagles can't agree to a new deal.

Man if we could swing getting Fletcher, our d in the middle from run stuffing to pass rushing would be sweet. Them grab JJ and draft a D end, cb etc. Mahomes may want to take the big restructure to free up money for this.

Lael Collins RT, 3 years 24 mil. Cap hit next year.

Fletcher Cox 3 years at 10 mil per 20 guaranteed.

JJ at 8 mil per year.

Mahomes restructures and we can do it.

Look for a.cheaper DE as I think Ingram may be it.

Draft DE, WR, CB/S first 3 rounds. 

43 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Man if we could swing getting Fletcher, our d in the middle from run stuffing to pass rushing would be sweet. Them grab JJ and draft a D end, cb etc. Mahomes may want to take the big restructure to free up money for this.

Again, Mahomes has nothing to do with restructures.  The terms of the contract make it so it's entirely the team's option.

4 minutes ago, xen said:

Again, Mahomes has nothing to do with restructures.  The terms of the contract make it so it's entirely the team's option.

I thought he would have to agree with it? Every time a restructure goes on, any article o. It, shows player X agreeing to a new restructure to lower the cap hit and help out the team. Are you saying they can do all this without his agreement?

Just now, kkuenn said:

I thought he would have to agree with it? Every time a restructure goes on, any article o. It, shows player X agreeing to a new restructure to lower the cap hit and help out the team. Are you saying they can do all this without his agreement?

Yes it's built into his contract that team can restructure without his permission, every year if they want.

There are two types of restructuring:

• A simple restructure converts payments into prorated signing bonuses within the confines of the remainder of the contract. Teams typically have the ability to unilaterally execute simple restructures without any action necessary from the player.
  • A maximum restructure increases the amount of cap space via conversion into prorated signing bonuses by either extending the contract or by adding void years to a contract, years that do not extend the contract but are only used as placeholders for the proration. Maximum restructures are typically considered a renegotiation of the contract that requires the player's consent to execute.

Fyi there's no downside for Mahomes to agree to that.  On his side it's just how the dollars are accounted for in the cap. He gets the check either way, whether it's accounted for as a roster bonus or a signing bonus.  The restructure just moves it from roster to signing.