Free agents

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, xen said:

Fyi there's no downside for Mahomes to agree to that.  On his side it's just how the dollars are accounted for in the cap. He gets the check either way, whether it's accounted for as a roster bonus or a signing bonus.  The restructure just moves it from roster to signing.

It's circulating in the Twitterverse that Friday is the last day they can restructure Mahomes rather than the first day. You have anything on that?

4 hours ago, kkuenn said:

#chiefs have been looking into star CB Stephan Gilmore .per league source

Patrick Peterson is on NFL Network right now. Mentioned that the #Chiefs are one of the teams who have expressed interest in him. He also said that "money talks" so might as well take them out of the running for time being.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2022/03/17/lael-collins-makes-lot-sense-kc-chiefs-right-tackle/

What is this tweet about Gilmore? Who's account is this from?

1 minute ago, purpledolphincat said:

Davante  Adams traded to Raiders

Holy shit. Just saw it too

Blockbuster: Packers are trading Pro-Bowl WR Davante Adams to the Las Vegas Raiders for two prime 2022 picks, league sources tell ESPN.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fschefter_adam.png&w=80&h=80&scale=crop
Adam Schefter, ESPN Senior Writer1m ago

I wanted fletcher cox in the draft instead of poe, ive hoped we could get him for years. He may be over the hill, on the downside of career, but dammit, i still want to bring him in and see what he could do next to chris jones.

im not a huge stephen gilmore fan, but we do have a need at the position, i would probably rather gamble on patrick peterson for cheap, sign fletcher cox and a vet d end, juju, and go into the draft

5 minutes ago, purpledolphincat said:

Davante  Adams traded to Raiders

What in the actual f is going on. Why do the chiefs have the toughest division in the history of the nfl all of a sudden. Why are the raiders going all in just to finish last in the division. Why can’t we have a 20 year window of zero resistance like tom brady had

1 minute ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

What in the actual f is going on. Why do the chiefs have the toughest division in the history of the nfl all of a sudden. Why are the raiders going all in just to finish last in the division. Why can’t we have a 20 year window of zero resistance like tom brady had

Because nfl was in cahoots with the Patriots. If the Pats played in our division they would not have come close to what they did.

9 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Raiders acquired WR Davante Adams from the Packers in exchange for two 2022 draft picks. 

One of the picks is the Raiders' first-rounder. As part of the deal, franchise-tagged Adams is signing a new five-year, $141.25 million contract, making him the highest-paid wideout in the league. That is an eye-popping average-annual value of $28.25 million. Long-term talks did not seem to be going particularly well between the Packers and Adams, but no one was really considering the possibility of a trade after Aaron Rodgers decided to return to Green Bay. He is now losing the player he called the best receiver he has ever had. In Adams' wake in Green Bay are Allen Lazard, Randall Cobb and Amari Rodgers. As for Adams' fit in Vegas, it is a massive quarterback downgrade, but Derek Carr and Josh McDaniels are going to understand the assignment: Get Adams the ball. Carr is also best at the same levels of the field as Adams, though he does not have Rodgers' finesse with getting the ball into tight spaces. Adams remains a clear-cut top-five WR1, but there will be a hit in production. Hunter Renfrow is the biggest fantasy loser, while it's also not great news for Darren Waller's ceiling. For what it's worth, Adams and Carr played together in college at Fresno State. 

I am not freaking out yet…. But, it ain’t looking good in FA for us so far.  

Our division rivals are immensely improving.   Meanwhile at Arrowhead One Drive it looks like they have signed Justin Reid, Wylie, Burton, and Baker.  

Next on the Chiefs wire it is going to be that the Chiefs have signed Sorenson & Nieman to long term extensions.  I will probably check out for quite some time if or when that happens.

1 minute ago, Obi Won Mahome said:

I am not freaking out yet…. But, it ain’t looking good in FA for us so far.  

Our division rivals are immensely improving.   Meanwhile at Arrowhead One Drive it looks like they have signed Justin Reid, Wylie, Burton, and Baker.  

Next on the Chiefs wire it is going to be that the Chiefs have signed Sorenson & Nieman to long term extensions.  I will probably check out for quite some time if or when that happens.

You left out keeping Clark LOL 

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

Allen Robinson was my #1 off season target. 
I don’t like any of the weapons left.

load up on defense and hope the big body of fortsen comes back like he was before injury. He could make the difference.

Bears signed Byron Pringle, formerly of the Chiefs, to a one-year, $4 million contract. 

The $4 million is reportedly fully guaranteed. Pringle emerged as Kansas City's No. 2 wide receiver down the stretch last season, finishing with 42 catches for 568 yards and five touchdowns. He is a fine enough receiver, but he cannot be the only answer as the Bears look to improve the weapons around sophomore Justin Fields. As it stands now, especially given the contract, Pringle looks like the No. 2 wide out behind Darnell Mooney.