Free agents

13 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Bears signed Byron Pringle, formerly of the Chiefs, to a one-year, $4 million contract. 

The $4 million is reportedly fully guaranteed. Pringle emerged as Kansas City's No. 2 wide receiver down the stretch last season, finishing with 42 catches for 568 yards and five touchdowns. He is a fine enough receiver, but he cannot be the only answer as the Bears look to improve the weapons around sophomore Justin Fields. As it stands now, especially given the contract, Pringle looks like the No. 2 wide out behind Darnell Mooney. 

I just seen that. That sucks, I had high hopes for the kid. They need to grab someone like Juju and draft one fairly hogh IMO.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Chiefs / Mahomes were done with Robinson and Pringle. Seemed like every drive Mahomes was talking to them about the route they ran, or them being on different wave lengths.

that being said pringle did make an occasional solid play, but i think he is a player that makes no difference in wins or losses

For what it's worth (absolutely nothing) I was done with Robinson 2 years ago. The thinks he has Hill's agility and speed. The dancing backwards and losing yardage was frustrating.

58 minutes ago, AFCWEST said:

Adams is signing a new five-year, $141.25 million contract, making him the highest-paid wideout in the league. That is an eye-popping average-annual value of $28.25 million.

How much will Hill get now? Raiders are ass.

I haven't seen anything on the guaranteed money. I'm assuming it may be in the range of 65-70mil. If it's more...extending Tyreek has gotten that much more difficult 

1 hour ago, Troyofoc said:

For what it's worth (absolutely nothing) I was done with Robinson 2 years ago. The thinks he has Hill's agility and speed. The dancing backwards and losing yardage was frustrating.

Yeah man, I think the chiefs were done then too, but when he got zero offers they were like…uh i guess for less than a mil he can compete for a roster spot, and unfortunately he made the team

Can't wait for the big announcement on the contract extensions for Sorensen and Nieman, that is the only thing i can think of that we are saving Cap Space for...those two are the final pieces to the defensive puzzle

who needs athletes, these guys have heart and are team players who could ask for more???

As slow and underwhelming as its been so far this week.  If Veach could nab Fletcher Cox on a one year 12-14M, then sway Z Smith to come over for 3/36M and wrap it up with Juju on a 2/18M deal then I would say we got a lot better and spent a fraction of what the other AFC West teams spent to try and catch us.   

5 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Chiefs / Mahomes were done with Robinson and Pringle. Seemed like every drive Mahomes was talking to them about the route they ran, or them being on different wave lengths.

that being said pringle did make an occasional solid play, but i think he is a player that makes no difference in wins or losses

Pringle was basically the #3 receiver in clutch situations this year right after Kelce and Hill. I doubt Chiefs were done with him but simply the money wouldn't be justified. I was hoping for something like 10 million over 3 years but the Bears just gave him a decent contract with a chance to look for a long-term deal next season.

We should have been done with Robinson years ago, I think it was a good sign that nobody wanted him in FA. We need some new blood at WR.

At this point , I think the Chiefs are in really big trouble and could not only be in danger of losing the AFC West ,  but also in danger of making the playoffs.  On our schedule ,  I see what I would say 3 locks for wins.  We have the NFC West this year and AFC South  plus a first place schedule that includes the Bengals , Bills , Tampa Bay Buccaneers.  As the roster is contructed now,  I see the Chiefs with 7 losses or more.   Now , it is early  but if we field a Defense that has a poor pass rush  and do not hit on Mid-Tier free agents and the draft,  we may very well be outgunned by other teams.   Our Schedule this year I believe is absolutely the toughest in the NFL. 

I was reading on a sports website that graded each team's biggest FA signings. Every team got a B- to an A except a couple of C's...the Chiefs signing of Reid was given a D (the only one) because "we overpaid a guy to replace Mathieu and he just isn't as good".😒

12 hours ago, SEMO said:

5yr/141.25MM

what is Hill gonna get?

Raiders should never be in a position to set the market, they just know how to give out stupid contracts.

I wouldn't want to be in a position to pay Hill as much and anything over 20-22 per year will be a questionable move. I don't mind giving him some solid guarantees though. 

4 hours ago, sith13 said:

Raiders should never be in a position to set the market, they just know how to give out stupid contracts.

I wouldn't want to be in a position to pay Hill as much and anything over 20-22 per year will be a questionable move. I don't mind giving him some solid guarantees though. 

Agreed. 20-22 mil seems like a deal both sides could live with. But ya never know. Hill refused to restructure last time he was asked. Might be looking for top money like a Hopkins/Adams. 

I thought Pringle was easily our second best WR and worth 4 mill. Hardman is crazy good at those sweeps, but not a good route runner and fumbles easily. Robinson left for free agency and came back at league min so we know what he is.