Free agents

18 hours ago, ClarksvilleChief said:

Have we given up on Melvin Ingram? Have I missed something?

My understanding is that Ingram won't sign until after OTAs.  Guess he doesn't like them.  Does that mean he has an understanding with the Chiefs?  Not sure, but it makes sense if he's not shopping around for a new team. 

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Seahawks just released Carlos Dunlap. He's getting a little long in the tooth(33)but he's been fairly productive the last  couple of seasons. He might be a viable option for a one year bridge or a rotational player if he's not too expensive.

6 hours ago, THEWIZARD said:

The Seahawks just released Carlos Dunlap. He's getting a little long in the tooth(33)but he's been fairly productive the last  couple of seasons. He might be a viable option for a one year bridge or a rotational player if he's not too expensive.

I like adding such FAs. Solid veteran presence throughout his career and even though he'll be declining he would still be serviceable until our rookies are ready to take over. 

53 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Fletcher resigned with the eagles. Was hoping chiefs could swoop in for him.

I doubt that was ever an option. Seems like he was already on board with some cost cutting move that couldn't be restructured. 

On 3/18/2022 at 2:10 PM, jetlord said:

My understanding is that Ingram won't sign until after OTAs.  Guess he doesn't like them.  Does that mean he has an understanding with the Chiefs?  Not sure, but it makes sense if he's not shopping around for a new team. 

Aren't OTAs voluntary?

19 hours ago, sith13 said:

I like adding such FAs. Solid veteran presence throughout his career and even though he'll be declining he would still be serviceable until our rookies are ready to take over. 

Veach does too. He's pretty good at bringing guys in on 1 year contracts 

8 hours ago, THEWIZARD said:

Aren't OTAs voluntary?

They aren't voluntary but the older vets don't do much and the coaches spend more time with the rookies and youngsters so it's pointless for 30+ guys as well unless they are coming back from an injury or something.

I don't know if that's the issue with Ingram, I thought he would want to wait for the FA market to settle and find a competitive team that will go for a ring. I'm pretty sure he'll still have a lot of demand so weighing his options may look attractive. 

I mean OTAs are where they do the installs for the upcoming season's playbook.  But you know other than learning the offense, working on technique, and generally becoming better players, I'm sure that OTAs are completely unnecessary 😃

11 hours ago, THEWIZARD said:

Aren't OTAs voluntary?

Maybe by definition, OTAs are voluntary, but there's some summer stuff that isn't.  Don't know the details, but it's been reported that Ingram won't sign until past those activities.   Probably if he got an offer he just couldn't refuse, he would change his mind.