Free agents

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am worried that we have done jack-sh!t to bring in new people at DL.  If we resign Ingram we pretty much have the same DL as last year (minus Jarran Reid).

Please tell me they are going to do something else other than drafting a rookie in an attempt to shore up the DL.  We were 26th in sacks/pass rush in 2021.   They need to add at least 2-3 more players at DL.

However, I know there is still a draft & free agency to go through so I will not pass judgment until training camp.  

1 minute ago, Obi Won Mahome said:

I am worried that we have done jack-sh!t to bring in new people at DL.  If we resign Ingram we pretty much have the same DL as last year (minus Jarran Reid).

Please tell me they are going to do something else other than drafting a rookie in an attempt to shore up the DL.  We were 26th in sacks/pass rush in 2021.   They need to add at least 2-3 more players at DL.

However, I know there is still a draft & free agency to go through so I will not pass judgment until training camp.  

I remember reading a few days ago that at this time last uear the only O lineman they had signed was Joe Thuney.

Patience, grasshopper. I have the utmost faith on Veach and the FO.

55 minutes ago, Palangi said:

I agree. He is quality as a backup. 
and if Johnson or Christian can be a solid swing tackle or develop into a quality RT until one can be had that would be great. 

Yep, I'm more than a little concerned about Niangs durability.

15 hours ago, Obi Won Mahome said:

Gotta assume Ingram will be back and I'm wondering how much it would cost to sign Zadarius.  If his back can hold up, he would be a huge asset for the Chiefs. Saunders or Wharton aren't any drop off from Reid in the D-line. 

11 minutes ago, THEWIZARD said:

I would too but I think he's wanting more than KC wants  to give. Really hope I'm wrong.

I think you're probably on the nose there.  Maybe he just wants the AAV and doesn't care if it comes with added years with funny money.  

I still think he's the only FA pass rusher that moves the needle for me personally.

32 minutes ago, xen said:

I think you're probably on the nose there.  Maybe he just wants the AAV and doesn't care if it comes with added years with funny money.  

I still think he's the only FA pass rusher that moves the needle for me personally.

I think both of you are right.  Really don't want to get in a bidding war for a guy with bad issues though.  However, he looked really dominant in the playoffs last year.   It really is sad we have burned some of CJ's best years with less than stellar edge play.   

What are your thoughts on D. Hunter?  I think he is a stud but I hate trading high picks for guys that we have to turn around and pay huge money.  It's almost like double paying for a guy.   

Those are the only two guys we have been linked too that I think really help us this year.   I'm afraid we end up with Frank, Ingram and a bottom of round one rookie.   This team needs Kaindoh to pull a Maxx Crosby.

2 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I think both of you are right.  Really don't want to get in a bidding war for a guy with bad issues though.  However, he looked really dominant in the playoffs last year.   It really is sad we have burned some of CJ's best years with less than stellar edge play.   

What are your thoughts on D. Hunter?  I think he is a stud but I hate trading high picks for guys that we have to turn around and pay huge money.  It's almost like double paying for a guy.   

Those are the only two guys we have been linked too that I think really help us this year.   I'm afraid we end up with Frank, Ingram and a bottom of round one rookie.   This team needs Kaindoh to pull a Maxx Crosby.

Yep. I'm as big a Veach supporteras anyone but the way he's handled this offseason is fucking horseshit. We have a defense that essentially needs rebuilding and all he's done is replace Badger and resign Nnadi. 

His end of the year presser where he talked about the importance of addressing the d-line was bullshit lip service and I am fucking pissed.

Resigning Ingram... Ingram has 2 sacks in his last 14 games. If that's his solution to fixing a defense that was 29th in the league in sacks, we are in for a rude fucking awakening. 

10 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Minnesota paid his roster bonus of $18 mil. Rotoworld says he probably stays with the Vikes.