Free agents

3 hours ago, xen said:

I think you're probably on the nose there.  Maybe he just wants the AAV and doesn't care if it comes with added years with funny money.  

I still think he's the only FA pass rusher that moves the needle for me personally.

They say it's a really good draft for pass rushers, and I'm hoping Kaindoh(sp?) is more Jared Allen than KPass.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

The bake sale was last month. And Veach is standing in his kitchen today with a bowl full of batter. 

No one was expecting Veach to be uber active at the opening of FA.  Maybe you, I guess.  There is not a lot of money.  They are finally having to contend with Clark's horrid contract.  Mahomes is more expensive, and they had to tag OBJ.  I was pretty surprised that they even signed Reid so early.  

Veach will pick it up now that it is into the second week of FA.  Or, he could be working on a trade.  

JMO

58 minutes ago, SEMO said:

No one was expecting Veach to be uber active at the opening of FA.  Maybe you, I guess.  There is not a lot of money.  They are finally having to contend with Clark's horrid contract.  Mahomes is more expensive, and they had to tag OBJ.  I was pretty surprised that they even signed Reid so early.  

Veach will pick it up now that it is into the second week of FA.  Or, he could be working on a trade.  

JMO

Probably. I honestly don't care about not making splashy signings. The part that pisses me off is having this many holes on defense and not even making depth signings. He still has my full support. But he's not exactly getting after it.

31 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Probably. I honestly don't care about not making splashy signings. The part that pisses me off is having this many holes on defense and not even making depth signings. He still has my full support. But he's not exactly getting after it.

Who do you want that's not splashy?  JuJu and Reid were pretty big and filled obvious needs  I dot see a starting DE or CB that's all that affordable.  So what secondary players are you wanting?

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

You don't sign depth in the first wave of free agency though.  Depth should come at a bargain so you have to let things shake out.

43 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Who do you want that's not splashy?  JuJu and Reid were pretty big and filled obvious needs  I dot see a starting DE or CB that's all that affordable.  So what secondary players are you wanting?

I think Turay or Barnett could be starters at DE. 

The stars are always nice to have but the championships generally come with secondary guys that are solid making up a decent rotation. In terms of a GM the toughest guys to find are the ones that will outplay their contract massively from day one. 

I like the approach of not going for the stars. If we miss with the current group of signings that's a lesser blow but if we hit it's nothing but a home run. 

Remaining Free Agents of Interest to me.

RB

Darrell Williams and Mckinnon still available, also Justin Jackson from chargers could be nice

WR Jarvis Landry. Do Julio Jones or AJ Green want to come on the cheap to win a ring for almost no money? Alburt Wilson coming back on the cheap maybe.

TE there is a bunch of dudes who are all the same person available, wouldn't mind bring in a vet and Blake Bell back to compete during camp.

OT Eric Fischer or Duane Brown coming in as a 1 year rental to secure Right Tackle? or LT and Brown agrees to play RT while making LT money?

DE I assume Melvin Ingram is coming back late in camp, but we need some more bodies. Jadaveon Clowney (expensive) is still available, Trey Flowers (could be a steal), there are some aging vets that may be complete done but might have 1 year left life Jason Pierre Paul and Jerry Hughes. Solomon Thomas might be a respectable person to bring in. a Justin Houston return isn't out of the question, guy would be better than rolling out Alex Okafor or something like we did last season.

DT Calias Campbell. dude is 36, but wants a ring, and i would be willing to gamble him and Chris Jones for 1 season might be able to be a force. Gamble he stays healthy and is still top tier, but one i would take at this point as long as price isn't insane. also Akiem Hicks would be a nice player

CB Stephen Gilmore (not a huge fan and will demand high dollars, but never the less he is available), Kyle Fuller a few years ago was a top CB, REALLY sucked last year, might be worth a flyer. Patrick Peterson i would bring in to compete if he will play for 3 mil or so. Chris Harris, Xavier Rhodes, or Stephen Nelson could be brought in for a 4th or 5th cb spot as well.

S hate to say it but Mathieu is still out there, we all know i hate him as a player, and he will never return here for a cheap 1 year 3 mil deal at this point, but never the less i will list him. More likely is someone like Landon Collins coming in for a few mil to fill the daniel sorenson role. like i said collins sucks in coverage, but compared to sorenson he is an upgrade in coverage and run stuffing for the same money.

LB Damien Wilson returning intrigues me for depth

None of the guys other than Calias Campbell or Clowney would break the bank and could be good to have on the roster. Clowney seems unrealistic, and he is very hit or miss. Calias Campbell, Mckinnon, Jerry Hughes, and Patrick Peterson coming in for a combined dollar amount of say... 20 mil might be a thing who knows. No idea what our current cap situation is though.

12 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Remaining Free Agents of Interest to me.

RB

Darrell Williams and Mckinnon still available, also Justin Jackson from chargers could be nice

WR Jarvis Landry. Do Julio Jones or AJ Green want to come on the cheap to win a ring for almost no money? Alburt Wilson coming back on the cheap maybe.

TE there is a bunch of dudes who are all the same person available, wouldn't mind bring in a vet and Blake Bell back to compete during camp.

OT Eric Fischer or Duane Brown coming in as a 1 year rental to secure Right Tackle? or LT and Brown agrees to play RT while making LT money?

DE I assume Melvin Ingram is coming back late in camp, but we need some more bodies. Jadaveon Clowney (expensive) is still available, Trey Flowers (could be a steal), there are some aging vets that may be complete done but might have 1 year left life Jason Pierre Paul and Jerry Hughes. Solomon Thomas might be a respectable person to bring in. a Justin Houston return isn't out of the question, guy would be better than rolling out Alex Okafor or something like we did last season.

DT Calias Campbell. dude is 36, but wants a ring, and i would be willing to gamble him and Chris Jones for 1 season might be able to be a force. Gamble he stays healthy and is still top tier, but one i would take at this point as long as price isn't insane. also Akiem Hicks would be a nice player

CB Stephen Gilmore (not a huge fan and will demand high dollars, but never the less he is available), Kyle Fuller a few years ago was a top CB, REALLY sucked last year, might be worth a flyer. Patrick Peterson i would bring in to compete if he will play for 3 mil or so. Chris Harris, Xavier Rhodes, or Stephen Nelson could be brought in for a 4th or 5th cb spot as well.

S hate to say it but Mathieu is still out there, we all know i hate him as a player, and he will never return here for a cheap 1 year 3 mil deal at this point, but never the less i will list him. More likely is someone like Landon Collins coming in for a few mil to fill the daniel sorenson role. like i said collins sucks in coverage, but compared to sorenson he is an upgrade in coverage and run stuffing for the same money.

LB Damien Wilson returning intrigues me for depth

None of the guys other than Calias Campbell or Clowney would break the bank and could be good to have on the roster. Clowney seems unrealistic, and he is very hit or miss. Calias Campbell, Mckinnon, Jerry Hughes, and Patrick Peterson coming in for a combined dollar amount of say... 20 mil might be a thing who knows. No idea what our current cap situation is though.

Damien Wilson signed with the panthers