Free agents

1 hour ago, arrowhead said:

Armstead signs with Dolphins. 5 years $75 mil, could go up to $87.5 mil.

I would guess Orlando's numbers will be close.

Armstead is hard to compare to, he is probably the 2nd best OT in football when healthy, but only plays 2/3 of the games due to injury.

if brown signs for 15 a year with an out after a few years I wouldn’t lose my mind or be too enthusiastic either, would be a semi fair deal

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

and now we are talking about bringing in RB Ronald Jones, who is worse than Darrell Williams or Mckinnon. im getting worried.

You can never have enough bodies in the camp rotation. Also I doubt we will be able to bring both guys back so Jones may simply be the RB3 in a realistic world.

I'm not sure about McKinnon because the only reason we were able to get him for cheap was his health, otherwise he has featured back potential and his receiving abilities inflate his value. Wouldn't be surprised if a GM is willing to pay him more than we are comfortable with. Williams is also a very good option but his lack of presence at the end of the season is the biggest knock on his value, which could be helpful for us to bring him back and looked like he was going for the #1 RB role in the backfield before the injury. 

3 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

and now we are talking about bringing in RB Ronald Jones, who is worse than Darrell Williams or Mckinnon. im getting worried.

How? How is he worse than either of those 2? He was the feature back for the majority of a SB season before they claimed Fournette. He had 1100 scrimmage yards and 8 tds that year.

He is 24 years old with sub 4.4 speed and no injury history. Neither one of those 2 has ever produced anything close to those numbers. McKinnon has 2 acl injuries and is almost 30. Darrel Williams is slower than me giving you a piggy back ride. 

You do nothing but complain and point out the negative.

Just now, Iluvhouse24 said:

How? How is he worse than either of those 2? He was the feature back for the majority of a SB season before they claimed Fournette. He had 1100 scrimmage yards and 8 tds that year.

He is 24 years old with sub 4.4 speed and no injury history. Neither one of those 2 has ever produced anything close to those numbers. McKinnon has 2 acl injuries and is almost 30. Darrel Williams is slower than me giving you a piggy back ride. 

Hence the suggestion to switch to boxers.

27 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

How is preferring the guys we had last season being negative, its positive toward williams and mckinnon.

ronald jones is a fumbler, there is a reason the bucs desperately pursued leonard fornette and then decided to retain him.

williams is an extremely smart back that doesn’t fumble, that has higher value to me than elite athleticism who makes dumb plays

Just now, arrowhead said:

Lockett's contract runs through 2025, which would be his age-33 season. Lockett's cap hits during that span are $10.05 million, $16.75M, $23.95M and $23.95M in 2022, 2023, 2024 and 2025.

Thats interesting. No doubt Veach will ad Veteran Quality WR Talent

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I don’t know shit about this guy, but you sold me. Sign him up. 

I did some brain storming to figure out some realistic trade scenarios the chiefs might be able to do, which make sense for the team at WR.

1. DK Metcalf - the least likely, we all know about this player by now, would command a first and more picks plus a contract of 20 mil a year for several seasons. I doubt we go down this road, if we were going to do this might as well have kept tyreek. Plus Seattle will probably just pay him and rebuild around this guy.

2. Tyler Lockett - much more likely. Seattle is rebuilding and doesn't need a WR at age 32 and 33 of their contract. Lockett's cap hits are 24 mil the next 2 seasons, so Seattle would have to eat a large chunk of that to make this work. If seattle eats money that raises the amount of picks the chiefs have to give up. Looking at the cap hit here, Lockett also seems unlikely to be pulled off.

3. Laviska Shenault Jr. - i lauged at this yesterday, but the guy has 58 and 60 catches the last 2 seasons playing on a TERRIBLE jaguars team. he isn't a fast guy, but appears to have potential to be a reliable possession receiver with room to improve on a better team.

4. Brandin Cooks - yeah this guy, the guy who was traded almost every season for a while. But he is still just 28 years old, still a deep threat. Is he Tyreek, no, no one is. BUT, last year he had 90 catches for 1000 yards and 6 tds, and the year before 81 catches for 1,100 yards and 6 tds on a REALLY BAD Texans team. i think this could be a realistic player to target and the Texas should be looking to deal him to rebuild the team. There is some weird void years in his contract, but as far as i can tell he only has this season left on his deal for a 16 mil cap hit. Maybe we can throw a few picks to houston, have them eat some money, and get a deep threat for a reasonable price for a season.

Even if we pull of a trade like this, we still need to bring in a Jarvis Landry, Marquez V Scantling, or both, and throw numbers at this thing.

With Scantlin on board and JJ a rental for a year, I think we draft I e and roll with it. Still could get Landry for a couple years too.

Getting DK, I believe the asking price will go down as the WR draft is deep and also with what had gone on with signings, would free us up to draft defense big time.

I think a 2nd and say maybe 6th would do it. He is no Adams or Hill. Seattle knows the longer it goes in, the keys they will get imo. Also the fact that if he plays this year, he will ask for a lot from them next year to stay 

On this Arden Key thing.

I will say he lines up with my philosophy of, if you can’t get elite d lineman, sign some tall lanky guys who can bat down passes.

this guy is 6 foot 5 with long arms, and does have some semblance of being able to apply pressure.

this is exactly where i would look to sign cheaper tier lineman, when in doubt put arms in air and clog the throwing lanes. Imagine if we also added calias campbell, then  we have jones, campbell, and key as monsters who make it hard for the qb to see and they all bat balls down. I can at least see the strategy here.

what worries me is veach isn’t exactly using our cap dollars in a way that makes remotely sense to me (couldn’t pay tyreek, investing 17 mil into B tier LT, frank clark, MVS is an overpay etc.)

So i am afraid this guy who should be 4 mil or so a year is gonna make 8, and we wont be able to sign a real impact person when they come available 

2 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

what worries me is veach isn’t exactly using our cap dollars in a way that makes remotely sense to me (couldn’t pay tyreek, investing 17 mil into B tier LT, frank clark, MVS is an overpay etc.)

Clark's contract is peanuts as  he was still going to get a big chunk of change so that makes sense.  Your hard on for Brown is getting old and was tiresome a long time ago. WR's market has been set you pay WR's or run the Ball.

Why cant  you and your Ilk just wait till after the Draft and then  Bitch, bellyache and complain?  Veach  overall has been very good about playing the cap. Look what he did with just a few $$'s last year. Time for your pony to learn new tricks.

16 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Clark's contract is peanuts as  he was still going to get a big chunk of change so that makes sense.  Your hard on for Brown is getting old and was tiresome a long time ago. WR's market has been set you pay WR's or run the Ball.

Why cant  you and your Ilk just wait till after the Draft and then  Bitch, bellyache and complain?  Veach  overall has been very good about playing the cap. Look what he did with just a few $$'s last year. Time for your pony to learn new tricks.

Not sure why we discuss anything? Its all great.