Free agents

x

Pro Football Network's Aaron Wilson reports the Chiefs have interest in trading for Giants CB James Bradberry.

Kansas City is one of "several teams" in the mix for Bradberry, who's had a quiet trade market to this point. With Bradberry owed $13.5 million in 2022, the Giants are expected to cover part of Bradberry's salary if traded. 28-year-old Bradberry didn't live up to his contract last season but had four interceptions and is a year removed from the Pro Bowl. The Chiefs have also looked into signing free agent CB Stephon Gilmore

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

I mean if he does that and then drafts something like this.........We might be SB favorites lol.Draft.thumb.jpg.ee4ff04ca5c02b39ce3e3d114612507e.jpg

If we go gilmore and bradberry to finish up free agency we better get a draft like that. As of now we have zero d line pass rush outside of chris jones and zero run stuff. Even the bests chs can’t cover for more than a couple seconds

that draft you proposed would be god tier

3 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

If we go gilmore and bradberry to finish up free agency we better get a draft like that. As of now we have zero d line pass rush outside of chris jones and zero run stuff. Even the bests chs can’t cover for more than a couple seconds

that draft you proposed would be god tier

I agree, but if we add Gilmore and Bradbury, are either of those guys that much better than Ward? I could be wrong, but I don’t like the idea of adding Gilmore.

2 hours ago, qnet said:

I agree, but if we add Gilmore and Bradbury, are either of those guys that much better than Ward? I could be wrong, but I don’t like the idea of adding Gilmore.

Not great, but good enough to keep the pressure off having to draft an instant starter at CB.  Sneed, Fenton, and Bradberry/Gilmore would be acceptable.  Add Dax from the draft and the Chiefs could be set at DB for the season. 

Reading chiefs want Gilmore at 1 year, he is seeking 3. Bet we get him 2 plus 3rd year option. Also read where they upped their offer, probably average per year, for him to sign. At 32 I hope it is not 15 mil per, but rather 8 to 12 in that range. I do think also, they will trade for Bradberry, a 4th but just my opinion on this. Still not heard much about the WR trade lately.

9 hours ago, jetlord said:

Not great, but good enough to keep the pressure off having to draft an instant starter at CB.  Sneed, Fenton, and Bradberry/Gilmore would be acceptable.  Add Dax from the draft and the Chiefs could be set at DB for the season. 

Bradberry was an all pro in 2020. Not a pro bowler. An all pro. Gilmore was the NFL defensive player of the year in 2019. So yes, these are good players. 

13 hours ago, qnet said:

Probably all very similar players at this point in their careers.

Ward is hard to evaluate because 4 games a year he played like the best cb in football, 4 games he looked like he has never played before, and the rest he was average 

18 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I mean if he does that and then drafts something like this.........We might be SB favorites lol.Draft.thumb.jpg.ee4ff04ca5c02b39ce3e3d114612507e.jpg

A bit too optimistic for some players being available but this would be a great scenario if we add a couple DBs in FA. 

Just now, sith13 said:

A bit too optimistic for some players being available but this would be a great scenario if we add a couple DBs in FA. 

I would like KC to do enough to compete and make the playoffs but not sign guys to big free agent contract in hope they make the SB more likely.. Reset the team this year to go for it in 2023 and a few years beyond. Patching this many holes is not my preference. The best team & roster does not guarantee a SB win anyway.

On 2/23/2022 at 1:35 AM, Lamardirts said:

I think we see Kelce start to show some signs of wear and tear this year.  We definitely need to grab a legit #2 wr to start reducing Kelce's role in the regular season and to extend his career.   I think we should draft another one as well.   Other than that Defense needs to be the focus.

I agree.  Last year he looked like he had lost a half step, which still makes him better than anyone else.  Statistically, he will lose some snaps to Fortson and Gray but last longer.  He will fade out very slowly like Gronk.  Time always marches on triumphantly. It is undefeated.

18 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I agree.  Last year he looked like he had lost a half step, which still makes him better than anyone else.  Statistically, he will lose some snaps to Fortson and Gray but last longer.  He will fade out very slowly like Gronk.  Time always marches on triumphantly. It is undefeated.

Also agree. Even 3/4 years from now kelce being a #4 option as a savy veteran tight end will have a ton of value, but this is probably the last year we can count on him as a top tier weapon 

5 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Bradberry was an all pro in 2020. Not a pro bowler. An all pro. Gilmore was the NFL defensive player of the year in 2019. So yes, these are good players. 

Do we really need both of them?  Baker, Fenton, Sneed, Bradberry (for the sake of argument) and pick up another corner in the 2nd or 3rd round, and that's a pretty solid group imo.  We could also pick up another developmental corner later in the draft.  The addition of Bradberry would make me feel pretty good about this group overall.  

3 hours ago, moons314 said:

Do we really need both of them?  Baker, Fenton, Sneed, Bradberry (for the sake of argument) and pick up another corner in the 2nd or 3rd round, and that's a pretty solid group imo.  We could also pick up another developmental corner later in the draft.  The addition of Bradberry would make me feel pretty good about this group overall.  

Don’t forget the roster spot allocated for toub to have a person never play on defense but be one hell of a gunner in a couple games

10 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Don’t forget the roster spot allocated for toub to have a person never play on defense but be one hell of a gunner in a couple games

Special teams is important. Very important. So its not a waste of a roster spot if the guy is talented in that role. It is likely more than one spot. 

Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News reports that Giants CB James Bradberry will be traded.

"It's a matter of when, not if," Leonard says. Leonard lists the Texans, Chiefs, and Colts as possible landing spots for the veteran corner. Bradberry has a $21 million cap hit, though it would be closer to $13 million for whoever acquires him and that number could possibly be re-negotiated as part of a new deal. The Giants have been working to move Bradberry since before free agency started and are likely seeking a mid-rounder. 

4 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Or just angle the punt toward the OB and kickoff through the end zone but whatever 

If it was that simple sure. Thats not reality and there is much more those guys do than just being, your point, a gunner.  Teams with lousy ST dont put talent out there.   

Every year at roster cut down guys think OH NO KC cut those guys. Few of those cuts are ever picked up and they return to the practice squad. That shows the rosters are not so deep that a GUNNER or WHATEVER cant be kept. Every play in the game is important.

On 3/26/2022 at 3:36 PM, Lamardirts said:

I’d be ok with signing Gilmore or Peterson then doing this.  Actually, I’d love this scenario…. If only it could happen….