Free agents

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, AFCWEST said:

Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News reports that Giants CB James Bradberry will be traded.

"It's a matter of when, not if," Leonard says. Leonard lists the Texans, Chiefs, and Colts as possible landing spots for the veteran corner. Bradberry has a $21 million cap hit, though it would be closer to $13 million for whoever acquires him and that number could possibly be re-negotiated as part of a new deal. The Giants have been working to move Bradberry since before free agency started and are likely seeking a mid-rounder. 

As i said before, a 4th for him. Sign Gilmore and a WR. Then go into draft for DE, DT etc.

GM Joe Schoen is expected to unload the team’s best defensive back soon, according to league sources here at The Breakers luxury resort in Palm Beach, Fla.

The Houston Texans, Kansas City Chiefs and Indianapolis Colts are teams to watch in a Bradberry trade, sources say.

Who knows but the reports do say Chiefs, Colts and Houston are the three teams in the mix for Bradberry.

Colts: 3.73, 4.122, 5.159, 5.179

Houston:  3.68, 3.80, 4.107, 4.108

Chiefs:  3.94, 3.103, 4.121, 4.135

For mid round picks.  

Seems like both the Colts and Texans could offer a 3rd and get him over us pretty easy unles Veach ponied up multiple picks.  Or say 4th rounder is the asking price....Does Veach give a 3rd to get it done?

Houston has the better picks and should get him unless Veach over pays

13 minutes ago, Balto said:

Who knows but the reports do say Chiefs, Colts and Houston are the three teams in the mix for Bradberry.

Colts: 3.73, 4.122, 5.159, 5.179

Houston:  3.68, 3.80, 4.107, 4.108

Chiefs:  3.94, 3.103, 4.121, 4.135

For mid round picks.  

Seems like both the Colts and Texans could offer a 3rd and get him over us pretty easy unles Veach ponied up multiple picks.  Or say 4th rounder is the asking price....Does Veach give a 3rd to get it done?

Houston has the better picks and should get him unless Veach over pays

If this is the case a 4th and 7th, no more than a 6th 

I'm weighing the pros and cons on Bradberry. 

He will be 29 when the season starts which is okay. Good size at 6"1'. Probably just outside the top ten corners in the league. So much would depend on what the Chiefs would have to give up along with contract issues (extension?) and cap considerations.

5 minutes ago, dhitter said:

I'm weighing the pros and cons on Bradberry. 

He will be 29 when the season starts which is okay. Good size at 6"1'. Probably just outside the top ten corners in the league. So much would depend on what the Chiefs would have to give up along with contract issues (extension?) and cap considerations.

Do you think this guy is better than Ward? I do not like giving up picks and paying a guy big bucks. If this guy isnt way better than Ward then could have kept Ward? Maybe Bradberry will be cheaper.

Just now, AFCWEST said:

Do you think this guy is better than Ward? I do not like giving up picks and paying a guy big bucks. If this guy isnt way better than Ward then could have kept Ward? Maybe Bradberry will be cheaper.

He's better than Ward. How much is debatable. A mid round pick is reasonable but the money he would likely want? We know Veach and Co. doesn't invest large capital on corners so that would be out of character. 

On 3/26/2022 at 11:59 AM, kkuenn said:

Also seeing chatter about Giants CB Bradberry. Possible trade. If we got these 2, cross off cb for this year unless a no brainer falls in the draft. Possible late round development cb maybe them too.

Would allow is to focus on d line, wr, rt and S in that order in draft.

Edit: 4th round trade should do complete the trade.

Think a 4th will do it, but could also see a swap of picks too in a later round along with this 4th thrown in?

19 hours ago, dhitter said:

He's better than Ward. How much is debatable. A mid round pick is reasonable but the money he would likely want? We know Veach and Co. doesn't invest large capital on corners so that would be out of character. 

I liked Ward. He has stuck like glue to his guy for three years and just last year learned to turn his  head at the right time and contest the ball.  I think it was a mistake not to resign him. I also think for that reason that is would be absolutely flat out stupid to sign an expensive FA cornerback, when we could have kept Ward, who has gotten progressively better over the last few years and is now quite impressive (and will be for San Francisco).

2 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I liked Ward. He has stuck like glue to his guy for three years and just last year learned to turn his  head at the right time and contest the ball.  I think it was a mistake not to resign him. I also think for that reason that is would be absolutely flat out stupid to sign an expensive FA cornerback, when we could have kept Ward, who has gotten progressively better over the last few years and is now quite impressive (and will be for San Francisco).

Ward got 14 mil per year? Will have to see what we do get. Remember too when Ward signed, we had no cap at all. The fact Hill got traded is why we we are spending now.

19 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

No way were the Chiefs going to pay Ward what SFO did.  He may have improved last season, but he wasn't elite and Bradberry should be better unless the price prohibits keeping him for a couple of years.  I'd give a third for a sure starting CB, especially considering how empty the CB room is at Arrowhead. 

7 minutes ago, jetlord said:

No way were the Chiefs going to pay Ward what SFO did.  He may have improved last season, but he wasn't elite and Bradberry should be better unless the price prohibits keeping him for a couple of years.  I'd give a third for a sure starting CB, especially considering how empty the CB room is at Arrowhead. 

On 3/28/2022 at 6:16 PM, dhitter said:

I don't know about that.  He does take the ball away more and had more PBUs (I think).  But, he also had a higher completion percentage against, than anyone on the Chiefs' roster last year, including Ward.

He is also predominantly a zone corner.  Is Spags going to move to more of a zone scheme to compensate?

19 minutes ago, SEMO said:

I don't know about that.  He does take the ball away more and had more PBUs (I think).  But, he also had a higher completion percentage against, than anyone on the Chiefs' roster last year, including Ward.

He is also predominantly a zone corner.  Is Spags going to move to more of a zone scheme to compensate?

That rumor is out there but personally I doubt it. Regarding Bradberry....everyone agrees he had a down year for him. His body of work is solid. Down year or declining skills? You tell me. The zone vs. man is valid but I believe the fact Chiefs are talking to the Giants means they think he can fit.