Free agents

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

Veach may trade picks around and end up with a fifth or sixth.  Maybe he could use it to pick up Badie from Mizzou.  That would be a popular pick in KC and add a little speed to the RB room.  

he's certainly worth a  5th or 6th..not a feature back in the NFL IMO  but certainly has skills

33 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Not sure why he refused but that would have been a great signing even at 35.

I agree.

I'd prefer Akiem Hicks, but I think Nagy was not well liked by any Bear. From what I've seen, Nagy is a bit of a douche.

Might be why Robinson signed with the Rams.

If Nagy is the man after Andy, I foresee another dark period in Chiefs history.

1 hour ago, arrowhead said:

I agree.

I'd prefer Akiem Hicks, but I think Nagy was not well liked by any Bear. From what I've seen, Nagy is a bit of a douche.

He got that crazy franchise two playoff appearances and should have won if not the kicker. All with trash QBs and trash GM who picks Trubisky over Mahomes and Watson 

2 hours ago, arrowhead said:

I agree.

I hope not. 

7 hours ago, oldtimer said:

Arrowheadlines: Calais Campbell turned down the Chiefs to re-sign with the Ravens

This doesn’t make sense to me. Campbell is trying to win a ring, ravens have about a 1% chance to win imo.

chiefs will probably be a weaker team this season than past years, but still have a solid 25% chance of coming out of the afc or something like that

1 hour ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

This doesn’t make sense to me. Campbell is trying to win a ring, ravens have about a 1% chance to win imo.

chiefs will probably be a weaker team this season than past years, but still have a solid 25% chance of coming out of the afc or something like that

1%? And what do you base that on? Yeah they only won 8 games last year but they had a ridiculous amount of injuries. I'm betting they are back in the thick of things this year.

6 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

I think it's a matter of the "devil you know". They had quite a bit of injuries but still put up a competitive team, I think we are still the better team but may be he doesn't see it as a way to improve his changes drastically so staying put. However a QB like Mahomes should be intriguing for any player. 

Chiefs Wire

Why Chiefs are unlikely to sign more free agents until after 2022 NFL draft

The Kansas City Chiefs still have a number of ways they can improve their team via free agency, but they’re likely waiting until after the 2022 NFL draft to make any more big free-agent signings.

Fans have been clamoring for a big signing at cornerback and edge rusher, with names like Stephon Gilmore and Melvin Ingram often mentioned for Kansas City. A lot of people would feel better about the team’s needs heading into the draft if the team made more additions, but NFL teams aren’t necessarily looking at it that way at this point of the year.

Right now, teams are playing a numbers game and balancing compensatory free agents versus non-compensatory free agents. With the most recent signings in Kansas City (Ronald Jones and Taylor Stallworth) their contracts didn’t qualify them for the compensatory pick formula.

A team like the Chiefs stands to lose compensatory draft capital in 2023 if they were to make another free agent signing ahead of the draft. The benefit of waiting to sign a player like Gilmore or Ingram after the draft is that on May 10, those signings will no longer count toward the compensatory pick formula, even if they sign a contract that would previously qualify them.

13 hours ago, THEWIZARD said:

1%? And what do you base that on? Yeah they only won 8 games last year but they had a ridiculous amount of injuries. I'm betting they are back in the thick of things this year.

its just math. Rams and bucs have nearly a free path to the superbowl, only the 49ers might be decent enough to challenge them.

in the afc the chiefs, chargers, broncos, bengals, and bills are definitively better, if deshaun watson plays for cleveland they are probably better. when you are at best the 8th best team in the league, and your qb can't throw, you have a 1% chance to win a superbowl. i think thats fair

55 minutes ago, oldtimer said:
Chiefs Wire

Why Chiefs are unlikely to sign more free agents until after 2022 NFL draft

The Kansas City Chiefs still have a number of ways they can improve their team via free agency, but they’re likely waiting until after the 2022 NFL draft to make any more big free-agent signings.

Fans have been clamoring for a big signing at cornerback and edge rusher, with names like Stephon Gilmore and Melvin Ingram often mentioned for Kansas City. A lot of people would feel better about the team’s needs heading into the draft if the team made more additions, but NFL teams aren’t necessarily looking at it that way at this point of the year.

Right now, teams are playing a numbers game and balancing compensatory free agents versus non-compensatory free agents. With the most recent signings in Kansas City (Ronald Jones and Taylor Stallworth) their contracts didn’t qualify them for the compensatory pick formula.

A team like the Chiefs stands to lose compensatory draft capital in 2023 if they were to make another free agent signing ahead of the draft. The benefit of waiting to sign a player like Gilmore or Ingram after the draft is that on May 10, those signings will no longer count toward the compensatory pick formula, even if they sign a contract that would previously qualify them.

Not sure if we are in a position to get anything other than a 6th or 7th besides the 3rd we have in place considering the FA market. I would imagine late picks would be negligible for the right FAs but may be they don't see much difference between anyone available today and mid-May. 

15 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Not sure if we are in a position to get anything other than a 6th or 7th besides the 3rd we have in place considering the FA market. I would imagine late picks would be negligible for the right FAs but may be they don't see much difference between anyone available today and mid-May. 

all those late picks can be packaged later on in a trade for a player or  earlier draft pick on down the line

1 hour ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

its just math. Rams and bucs have nearly a free path to the superbowl, only the 49ers might be decent enough to challenge them.

in the afc the chiefs, chargers, broncos, bengals, and bills are definitively better, if deshaun watson plays for cleveland they are probably better. when you are at best the 8th best team in the league, and your qb can't throw, you have a 1% chance to win a superbowl. i think thats fair

https://ebonybird.com/2022/01/13/ravens-injury-woes-2021-stats/

You really aren't capable of seeing the big picture, are you? 

2 minutes ago, THEWIZARD said:

https://ebonybird.com/2022/01/13/ravens-injury-woes-2021-stats/

You really aren't capable of seeing the big picture, are you? 

I am fully aware the ravens had a billion injuries. Thats not unusual for them, harbaugh most likely pushes too hard in training camp.

the big picture is, they have a qb who can’t throw.

Its the same reason the titans and the colts scare no one, if your best player is a running back, your team sucks by definition 

11 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

I am fully aware the ravens had a billion injuries. Thats not unusual for them, harbaugh most likely pushes too hard in training camp.

the big picture is, they have a qb who can’t throw.

Its the same reason the titans and the colts scare no one, if your best player is a running back, your team sucks by definition 

Right, a guy that will pass for 3000 yards and rush for another 1000 sucks.

The league hands out MVP awards for bad QBs all of the time 

SMH.

Read a tweet today that HB would be back for 2 years 21 million per his 'sources'. Question for you, would you do that?

See tweet below with his 1800 plus following....

Sources close to me confirming S Tyrann Mathieu will be resigning a 2-year $21m contract to remain with the Kansas City #Chiefs

On 4/11/2022 at 4:55 PM, arrowhead said:

Pace was shit. But Nagy lost the locker room, word spreads.

I don't think he wanted Justin Fields and then got forced to play him.  The GM basically neutered him in a room full of alphas.  Nobody regains respect form a lockerroom after that kind of crap.  Not to say Nagy doesn't deserve that rap or that he is a great guy/coach, but that situation up there is/was pathetic.  

37 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Read a tweet today that HB would be back for 2 years 21 million per his 'sources'. Question for you, would you do that?

See tweet below with his 1800 plus following....

Sources close to me confirming S Tyrann Mathieu will be resigning a 2-year $21m contract to remain with the Kansas City #Chiefs

No

42 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Interesting free agent visit for the #Dolphins: Former #Chiefs pass-rusher Melvin Ingram is visiting today, per me and @TomPelissero. He came on strong last year in KC, now a potential addition in Miami.

Per Ian Rapoport

Interesting.  Would love to have him back for the right price.   He was a big upgrade for us last year but that is pretty sad in all honesty.  His stats were very pedestrian, but because it was so bad before him it felt like we gained a pro bowler at edge.   I wonder if Veach and Co feel the same.   Seems like they are sticking to their guns in FA.  They have a price point and if it doesn't work out they aren't budging.   

3 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

No

Sadly I agree.  Wish HB hadn't lost a step but he has.  He can claim in on business decisions (which there were a ton) but I believe even Spags moved him out of that spy/robber roll more this last year because of that.   Love his leadership but its time to pull the plug.

7 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Sadly I agree.  Wish HB hadn't lost a step but he has.  He can claim in on business decisions (which there were a ton) but I believe even Spags moved him out of that spy/robber roll more this last year because of that.   Love his leadership but its time to pull the plug.

Any more free agency dollars have to go toward D end, corner, or d tackle, or right tackle.

i am assuming wr will be filled in draft