DE Jadeveon Clowney
T Duane Brown
LB Melvin Ingram
WR Jarvis Landry
CB Bryce Callahan
WR Will Fuller
DL Ndamukong Suh
LB Anthony Barr

Every one of them wants way more than they are worth at this time. That's why they are still available. The league is waiting for them to come back to reality. 

Gilmore and Fuller (for a prove-it deal) could be decent options for us. Ingram is basically a must IMO but don't know what's going on with that situation. The rest will likely be too expensive to make any sense but most would be good additions for a post-draft cheap contract. 

2 hours ago, sith13 said:

Sucks to see this: https://sports.yahoo.com/former-chiefs-lb-melvin-ingram-180559353.html

So I guess it's a monetary issue between the Chiefs and Ingram :( 

Not necessarily.  Ingram visited with quite a few teams this time last year and didn't sign until mid July.  

As Veach has said, some of these older vets will want to wait until after mandatory offseason, which they don't really need.   In the meantime they gauge interest and contract numbers and figure it our later.  I think a team would have to go above his asking price and pay a premium to get him in now when he'd be subject to mandatory OTA's.

46 minutes ago, xen said:

Not necessarily.  Ingram visited with quite a few teams this time last year and didn't sign until mid July.  

As Veach has said, some of these older vets will want to wait until after mandatory offseason, which they don't really need.   In the meantime they gauge interest and contract numbers and figure it our later.  I think a team would have to go above his asking price and pay a premium to get him in now when he'd be subject to mandatory OTA's.

I hope this is just that but would suck if someone snatches him away. Perfect fit from day one with great production, tough to find that around. Would feel more comfortable if we signed him before the draft with a bunch of bonuses for OTAs that he can ignore at will (or get paid to attend). 

12 minutes ago, sith13 said:

I hope this is just that but would suck if someone snatches him away. Perfect fit from day one with great production, tough to find that around. Would feel more comfortable if we signed him before the draft with a bunch of bonuses for OTAs that he can ignore at will (or get paid to attend). 

I agree. If he is gone...all we have is clarkenstien. Not good. Building the defense in one offseason maybe a harder than the o line. 

22 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Sadly I agree.  Wish HB hadn't lost a step but he has.  He can claim in on business decisions (which there were a ton) but I believe even Spags moved him out of that spy/robber roll more this last year because of that.   Love his leadership but its time to pull the plug.

He lost only a half step it looked like to me.  He would still be a big asset out there, especially his knowledge and leadership,  directing guys to the right spot, etc. just not quite the guy from two years ago. I'd take him in an instant if the price were right.

18 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

He lost only a half step it looked like to me.  He would still be a big asset out there, especially his knowledge and leadership,  directing guys to the right spot, etc. just not quite the guy from two years ago. I'd take him in an instant if the price were right.

and there is the catch it seems for the Chiefs and several other teams.  The Team's price and his price don't match....yet.

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

and there is the catch it seems for the Chiefs and several other teams.  The Team's price and his price don't match....yet.

Yeah, the big stars all do that.  It helps them not have to go to OTA's and do shit they don't really need to do. Then they can decide in the summer whichever team meets closest to his price. I'd sure like to see him next to Justin Reid, but probably won't be the money for that.

1 minute ago, Holmes4six! said:

If HB comes back for a 1 year cheap deal then so be it but I’m not losing sleep about it. I like Reid and Thornhill combo. 
we need players at other positions more than HB. 

You MIGHT be right.

But MIGHT doesn't make right.

15 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

If HB comes back for a 1 year cheap deal then so be it but I’m not losing sleep about it. I like Reid and Thornhill combo. 

Agreed. I like HB better than what we have but it would need to be cheap with all our holes. If it’s 10+, I would probably focus on CB and Edge.

24 minutes ago, Holmes4six! said:

You've forgotten about Bush, never lose sight of the Bush.

12 hours ago, Holmes4six! said:

I think that doesn't happen at least until the draft at this point. If we land a solid prospect in something like 3rd I don't think HB will be a viable option but if we don't find what we are looking for or only find project-type guys then HB could be the go-to FA but still I don't think he will want a short term deal. 

31 minutes ago, Biggjliv4 said:

Gilmore is gone, signed with the Colts. Gonna be draft or bust at this point it seems. 

Bad news for the Chiefs but they probably couldn't outbid the Colts.  Maybe now they can afford Ingram.  Can't count on rookies in every position if the Chiefs going to contend.