Free agents

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Bad news for the Chiefs but they probably couldn't outbid the Colts.  Maybe now they can afford Ingram.  Can't count on rookies in every position if the Chiefs going to contend. 

Rather have had Gilmore.  Ingram is not as big of an upgrade at his position than what Gilmore would have done for us imo. I could see us adding Gilmore and waiting to pick up a DB later in the draft to develop. Adding Ingram and we will be adding a DE still high and a CB now.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

Rather have had Gilmore.  Ingram is not as big of an upgrade at his position than what Gilmore would have done for us imo. I could see us adding Gilmore and waiting to pick up a DB later in the draft to develop. Adding Ingram and we will be adding a DE still high and a CB now.

Don't disagree, but either Gilmore or Ingram would be considered a rental and the Chiefs would have to pick replacements.  Would Gilmore have more than one year left?  If not, $14 million is a lot for one season.

7 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Don't disagree, but either Gilmore or Ingram would be considered a rental and the Chiefs would have to pick replacements.  Would Gilmore have more than one year left?  If not, $14 million is a lot for one season.

When at 2 years, you develop this year and use the time to groom the CB. Then if his play slips you can cut bait or move him on the field etc. I just think if even a one year rental we get better with Gilmore over Ingram. Our DE and pass rush was so bad, we see Ingram as a Ritz cracker instead of the plain old saltine his play was. When starving that Ritz is going to taste so much better.

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

When at 2 years, you develop this year and use the time to groom the CB. Then if his play slips you can cut bait or move him on the field etc. I just think if even a one year rental we get better with Gilmore over Ingram. Our DE and pass rush was so bad, we see Ingram as a Ritz cracker instead of the plain old saltine his play was. When starving that Ritz is going to taste so much better.

You’re making me hungry…

2 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Isn't calling Ingram a "cracker" outside the terms of service?  🙂

Miles Boykin was just released by the Ravens. 
he is a 6’4” 220 WR that ran a 4.38 at the combine two years ago. Also had a 43 1/2” vertical. Sub 7 there come time too. 
had injury issues in Baltimore. But also has sun QB play too. 

could really thrive with Mahomes. Still only 25 years old

10 hours ago, Palangi said:

Miles Boykin was just released by the Ravens. 
he is a 6’4” 220 WR that ran a 4.38 at the combine two years ago. Also had a 43 1/2” vertical. Sub 7 there come time too. 
had injury issues in Baltimore. But also has sun QB play too. 

could really thrive with Mahomes. Still only 25 years old

He couldn't communicate with Jackson, often ran the wrong routes, and Jackson threw, expecting him to be there (he wasn't).  Oft injured.  Had one reception for 6 yards in 2021.  Considered a bust by Raven's front office and released. Ravens tried to trade him, but there were no takers in the NFL.

Not a good consideration. Oh...  But he is big and is a good downfield blocker.  Whoopee. I think if Veach were the least bit interested, he would be a Chief by now.

45 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

He couldn't communicate with Jackson, often ran the wrong routes, and Jackson threw, expecting him to be there (he wasn't).  Oft injured.  Had one reception for 6 yards in 2021.  Considered a bust by Raven's front office and released. Ravens tried to trade him, but there were no takers in the NFL.

Not a good consideration. Oh...  But he is big and is a good downfield blocker.  Whoopee. I think if Veach were the least bit interested, he would be a Chief by now.

Playing for Reid and with Mahomes might be what he needs. There is a lot of potential left. 
i wouldn’t necessarily discard him because Jackson may have been throwing to an area. Having a WR at QB isn’t always optimal for a WR himself

1 hour ago, xen said:

3rd day prospect who might be a corner conversion similar to Sneed 

Was doing a mock the other day and saw Woods was a physical freak.  High upside.  Wonder why he is a 3rd day prospect?  His film bad or just not utilized correctly at Baylor?  Pitre gets a lot of love, you would think Woods would draw some attention when watching his fellow safety.   Curious for sure and I like our db capabilities to develop.

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

Was doing a mock the other day and saw Woods was a physical freak.  High upside.  Wonder why he is a 3rd day prospect?  His film bad or just not utilized correctly at Baylor?  Pitre gets a lot of love, you would think Woods would draw some attention when watching his fellow safety.   Curious for sure and I like our db capabilities to develop.

Can’t separate is what RGR said.  I haven’t watched tape. 

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

Probably early day 3 is the sweet spot for him.  Just a lot of good safeties in this draft and he's more of a coverage only type.  Needs to get better with his tackling form.

23 minutes ago, xen said:

He's a safety.

Sorry.  Thinking of Jelani Woods.  Who, btw, blew away Pitts’ numbers at his pro day.  Athletic freak who can’t play.  Which is why he was on no one’s radar until the combine.

2 hours ago, xen said:

Probably early day 3 is the sweet spot for him.  Just a lot of good safeties in this draft and he's more of a coverage only type.  Needs to get better with his tackling form.

Bryan Cook is my crush right now.  Can be had for a 3rd.

3 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

There sure are a lot of "physical freaks" in the draft every year.  It's too bad most of them are pedestrian players when they get to the NFL.  When we draft one, I always "freak out." They usually become freakishly disappointing.

1 hour ago, Troyofoc said:

I’m coming off Watson and onto Pickins now but his off field issues and availability is a concern.

I liked Pickens as well, but it's important to note that he did nothing after his first year.  Sure, he got injured, but last year should have been good and he wasn't.  Athletic freak that doesn't produce.  Maybe Mahomes and Reid's high powered offense would bring out the best in Pickens, but it's high risk for someone needed to be a four year #1 receiver. 

42 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I liked Pickens as well, but it's important to note that he did nothing after his first year.  Sure, he got injured, but last year should have been good and he wasn't.  Athletic freak that doesn't produce.  Maybe Mahomes and Reid's high powered offense would bring out the best in Pickens, but it's high risk for someone needed to be a four year #1 receiver. 

Sometimes I think people respond acting like they know yet really don’t. 

Pickens has a great freshman year and was off to a really good sophomore year too. Until he tore his knee. Was leading the team in receptions and yards and TDs. Until he tore his knee against Kentucky. Pickens then didn’t return until last year in the final regular season game against Georgia Tech. 

so to say he want good last year is ignorant. 

https://georgiadogs.com/sports/football/roster/george-pickens/5457

2 hours ago, SEMO said:

Sorry.  Thinking of Jelani Woods.  Who, btw, blew away Pitts’ numbers at his pro day.  Athletic freak who can’t play.  Which is why he was on no one’s radar until the combine.

Woods absolutely can play.  Dude plays above the rim amd goes and gets balls.  He needs work on technique and routes... most college receivers do but he can play.

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

There sure are a lot of "physical freaks" in the draft every year.  It's too bad most of them are pedestrian players when they get to the NFL.  When we draft one, I always "freak out." They usually become freakishly disappointing.

Yeah that tyreek hill kid sucked ass.