Free agents

I love it.  It's truly eye opening to read these things.  Yet, we have all these armchair experts spoutng their views based on what these brilliant sportswriters write. The run-of-the-mill GM's read the same things and make their decisions based on it. I will say that "character concerns" and "taking plays off" are something to be taken seriously. in the first case, we really lucked out with Hill.  He grew up.

• Replies 746
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, DieHard said:

Love it.  Hogan gets an A+, the three DBs get good grades and Jones and Hill knocked down.  Gotta trust the Bleacherreport for the best analysis.  Wilkie's 8-8-1 predictions are more accurate. 

On 4/20/2022 at 8:00 AM, mex said:

I been barkin' up the 'throw the damned ball to the TE' tree for years :lol: 

My guess is JW was close... just not good enough to get the start. Hartline is the best WR coach in CFB... no way he overlooked a guy like Jameson. 

Bama was soft at WR last year.... which is why he was able to step right in and become an All-American. Can you name the other starting WR at Bama without googling?  Bet you can't.

Both starters at OSU are household names for a reason. Gotta keep them both happy, which means neither of them reached full potential, like JW at Bama.

Burrow couldn't get the start over Fields, because their offense was geared around a mobile QB. Burrow goes to LSU... in need of a QB... and proceeds to win the HT and a natty.  Then becomes a pretty fucking good QB in the League.

Could he have done that for OSU? Doubtful. LSU was just better that year... especially on defense. 

John Metchie III is the other wr who would be a fringe first round wr had he not blown out his knee at the end of the year.  Olave and Wilson are very good wide receivers but I'm not sure either set of wide recievers are household names.  The random person probably doesn't know either set.  

23 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

When you are sitting on two draft picks in each of the first four rounds and have the best QB in football, you only need create the impression that you are "in the mix."  Being "in the mix" makes other teams panic and spend too much on FA's.  Then, they are tapped out, and the Chiefs are the only ones left to snap up one or two of the few remaining FA's at a bargain in the summer.  Meantime, we build enormous depth with all the draft picks.  I have a sneaky feeling that we will get Ingram or Mathieu back in the summer.  But the truth is that I have no idea what Veach is going to do or has up his sleeve.  So much smoke and mirrors.

I think we get used by agents as well.  Feels like we are being used at times but I agree it cuts both ways.  Teams need to overpay to keep us from getting said player whether we actually wanted that player or not.  

On 4/19/2022 at 7:01 PM, Palangi said:

Sometimes I think people respond acting like they know yet really don’t. 

Pickens has a great freshman year and was off to a really good sophomore year too. Until he tore his knee. Was leading the team in receptions and yards and TDs. Until he tore his knee against Kentucky. Pickens then didn’t return until last year in the final regular season game against Georgia Tech. 

so to say he want good last year is ignorant. 

https://georgiadogs.com/sports/football/roster/george-pickens/5457

He also had Stetsen freaking Bennett throwing the ball to him.   Dude is gonna be good and he is a bully on the field.  Would have no problems drafting him at 29....but I think he will be gone.

15 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

He also had Stetsen freaking Bennett throwing the ball to him.   Dude is gonna be good and he is a bully on the field.  Would have no problems drafting him at 29....but I think he will be gone.

Wouldn't surprise me if he drops due to the injuries and glut of receivers

19 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Yet, we have all these armchair experts spoutng their views based on what these brilliant sportswriters write. 

My favorite example of this...   Arguing with fans that think that TX "X" is better than Travis Kelce because "he is a terrible blocker".  

Kelce has been like top 3 in TE blocking grades for the last 3 or 4 seasons, but because some dumbass analysts said it once when comparing him to Kittle, everyone thinks that they are an expert...  

5 hours ago, THEWIZARD said:

I think he's going to cost a bundle, maybe as much as Hill. If that's the case I think I'd pass and go with one or two of the WRs in the draft.

Well, you done fucked up.  Shoulda said trade the draft for deebo and you'd be swimming in arrowhead's bank vault like Scrooge McDuck right now.