Hows the feels for MNF vs Pats?

I personally feel like we have a solid shot at winning this one at home.  I'm hopeful that Arrowhead will be rocking and disrupting Brady's cadence and timing...

If we win, the news will be on how the patriots are in turmoil... if we lose, the news will be on the continued excellence of the patriots...

In any case, we'll hold our own provided that MIA bounces back on the Raiders and the Jags can upset the Chargers... Donkeys are on their bye I believe...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chargers are outstanding. No chance.

However, we are going to find our stride running the ball just like last year. Andy should have started the year pounding the rock. The patriots are coming to the end of their rope. We will win this one.

Chargers are outstanding. No chance.

However, we are going to find our stride running the ball just like last year. Andy should have started the year pounding the rock. The patriots are coming to the end of their rope. We will win this one.

The chiefs have a pretty good shot at this.  The patriots have apparently been at the end of their rope for several years and still always manage to compete and win.   

Either way, gonna be an electric evening.

I'd give them a puncher's chance.

New England certainly hasn't been setting the world on fire this year.  They don't appear to have any big play ability.  The Tight Ends are probably the best receivers on both teams.

Only thing I worry about is them eating up the Chiefs with crossing routes underneath (something they excel at).  Chiefs need to figure out a way to defend that shit.

Cautiously optimistic.  When assessing the value of the MIA win one has to account for how poorly they are coached.  Joe Philbin is a dead man walking.

I agree 100%.

Lamar Miller was gashing the Chiefs last weekend, and Philbin takes the ball out of his hands. WTF?

Its a tossup. I like the diruptive effect on timing and hearing signals with the noise at Arrowhead. Manning is better than Brady at handling that. But NE is just plain good, and we are still missing key people or people who will not yet be at full strength. Plus we have not been creating turnovers. Creating them is catching and self-perpetuating. Not creating them is, too. The loss of McKnight will hurt as well, but that might be made up for by De'Anthony Thomas if he can get in the game.

I say we still lose by a missed Santos field goal. NE by three.

I'd give them a puncher's chance.

New England certainly hasn't been setting the world on fire this year.  They don't appear to have any big play ability.  The Tight Ends are probably the best receivers on both teams.

Only thing I worry about is them eating up the Chiefs with crossing routes underneath (something they excel at).  Chiefs need to figure out a way to defend that shit.

Yup

Yeah. They are going to run their asses off all day. They are on the road. We don't have DJ. They have watched the tape. Teams have been able to run against us quite a lot. Then, when we get overstacked and a bit frustrated, Brady will hit Gronkowski or a WR, who will likely take it to the house. We will learn a lot about our team in its present state. Hopefully, they won't do this early enough to take the crowd out of it. It is really going to up to be up to our offense to have a shot to win this game. We'll bog down in the red zone, and Santos will lose it for us at some point.

Yeah. They are going to run their asses off all day. They are on the road. We don't have DJ. They have watched the tape. Teams have been able to run against us quite a lot. Then, when we get overstacked and a bit frustrated, Brady will hit Gronkowski or a WR, who will likely take it to the house. We will learn a lot about our team in its present state. Hopefully, they won't do this early enough to take the crowd out of it. It is really going to up to be up to our offense to have a shot to win this game. We'll bog down in the red zone, and Santos will lose it for us at some point.

No. We aren't going to get beat over the top. Mark it. We have the DL heavys. Chiefs watch tape too. Wilkerson, Poe, Baily, devito... Etc etc

Bang

No. We aren't going to get beat over the top. Mark it. We have the DL heavys. Chiefs watch tape too. Wilkerson, Poe, Baily, devito... Etc etc

Hope you're right. The fun thing about predictions is that everyone either forgets about it or you look like a genius. No real risk involved :lol:

I just don't think New England is that good.

Not that we are great or anything.

It's even

Yeah. Their heyday is over. We will be much better than them starting next season. Right now it is two evenly matched teams meeting. One is on the way up. One is on the way down. But they have a smart coach who can call plays as well or better than anyone in the business. And we have a placekicker who can't kick a field goal reliably, at least not yet, and maybe never. NE by a missed Santos field goal.

Wow.... New England is hardly a team about to fold up the tent. They are mostly a young team. In fact, they only have a handful of players 30 years or older on the entire team. Let's see. Vollmer - OT - 30, Ninkovich - DE/LB - 30, Goskowski - K - 30, Connolly - OL - 32, Wilfork - NT - 32, Browner - CB - 30, Brady - QB - 37.

Really, the only thing they have to do is replace Brady, and they may have done that when they drafted Jimmy Garoppolo in round 2 of this year's draft. They'll probably continue to turnover their receivers to improve there and find another TE, but a good lot of their core is young enough they'll keep churning.

All that said, they aren't as strong of a team as the used to be given their youth movement, so I do give KC a good chance to beat them at Arrowhead.

Wow.... New England is hardly a team about to fold up the tent. They are mostly a young team. In fact, they only have a handful of players 30 years or older on the entire team. Let's see. Vollmer - OT - 30, Ninkovich - DE/LB - 30, Goskowski - K - 30, Connolly - OL - 32, Wilfork - NT - 32, Browner - CB - 30, Brady - QB - 37.

Really, the only thing they have to do is replace Brady, and they may have done that when they drafted Jimmy Garoppolo in round 2 of this year's draft. They'll probably continue to turnover their receivers to improve there and find another TE, but a good lot of their core is young enough they'll keep churning.

All that said, they aren't as strong of a team as the used to be given their youth movement, so I do give KC a good chance to beat them at Arrowhead.

I didn't know that they were that young. My bad.

I didn't know that they were that young. My bad.

11th youngest team in the NFL by average age. Pretty young core, especially defensively with Chandler Jones, Dont'a Hightower, Jamie Collins, and so forth. Plus, Garoppolo was a hell of a good QB at Eastern Illinois, so he could be the heir to Brady. We'll see, but the arrow surely isn't pointing straight South yet.

What's your thoughts Bil on this idea of "preventative" Achilles exercise I see posted all over the net? My experience is that the best you can do is routinely stretch the Achilles. I think, bigger more powerful muscles on today's athletes are the culprit more than anything else. The Achilles tendon just can't stand up to the explosion sometimes and there isn't much you can do to prevent it.

Hope you're right. The fun thing about predictions is that everyone either forgets about it or you look like a genius. No real risk involved :lol:

Not this one. I'm bookmarking it. If Santos makes the game winner or win without it, I'm rubbing it in to your then happy self. If we lose some other way, then, then, then, I'll remember it forever! Challenge accepted.

Rolls eyes at my lameness.

Here is my conspiracy theory, as I recommend everyone have one every day: They drafted Mallet with no intention of him ever being the backup or replacing Brady. They just wanted to put the appearance of just drafting quarterbacks so that when they picked Garropollo, no one batted an eye. Long term planning - of course, they wanted more than what they got for Mallet, who purposefully ruined his trade value in the preseason because he knew of this strategy. Bonus conspiracy theory there.

Not this one. I'm bookmarking it. If Santos makes the game winner or win without it, I'm rubbing it in to your then happy self. If we lose some other way, then, then, then, I'll remember it forever! Challenge accepted.

Rolls eyes at my lameness.

I will take my medicine like a man...and with a smile. I'll need your account information so that I can ACH that dollar to you. Also, please provide me your Social Security number.

Archived