Hows the feels for MNF vs Pats?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Chiefs have one, but only one, and he shows up about 50% of the time.   :D

Kelce takes a lot of pressure off the dismal WR corp and if DAT meets Reid's expectations, maybe the Chiefs can get by with what they have at WR.

Kind of reminds you of the effect Gonzo had on a poor WR corp.  He covered up a multitude of sins.  Kelce looks special.  

Hey, Mongo! This board is about getting on our high horse and everyone needling or making fun of him about it. You just keep on what you're doing.

This board isn't about you. (Its obviously about me). Anyway, I thought I was the pessimist this last week.

I'm suddenly feeling better about matching up against SF next Sunday. It's funny how the NFL changes. Most people figured Denver would be unstoppable, Miami would be terrific, and New England would be formidable as usual. Apparently, New Orleans is circling the drain. Finally, Kansas City seems to have overcome the disappointments of injuries and players lost to free agency. Cummings, D Johnson, Berry, DeVito, DAT, McKnight, Allen, Mays, and Catapano were either lost for the season or have missed significant time this year. Instead of folding, the Chiefs took on the challenge, and have the look of a contender. 

Yes, this team is deeper than anticipated, but they are also charting new territory in terms of character, and it feels good. 

Great thoughts, Eraser. You know, the only tging worse than losing the opener is people lamenting the loss in the opener. ;) but I think this is where we all expected to be (2-2 with Miami and Tennessee wins), now, let's steal one this week.

Hey, I was on the 6-10 train. I thought the Chiefs were going to fold, and might as well cancel the season. They proved me wrong. It could still turn out to be a bad season, but right now the Chiefs have the feel of a winner. I won't be delusional, but I have been emboldened. The Chiefs are for real. 

. . . but I think this is where we all expected to be (2-2 with Miami and Tennessee wins) . . .

Even thought the record is the same 2-2, IMHO our current 2-2 is actually better than expectations since we have now proven we can overcome the adversity of losing the opener to TN and have the feeling of being on a roll with the win over NE (rather than lamenting an expected loss to NE).   

I like what FOX Sports wrote today. The O line is suddenly at the top of the NFL in the run game. When you have a tandem like Charles and Davis, you can dictate the opposing defense. Then a three TE set and a threat of running leaves one on the outside because they have to keep one guy in the box. That leaves Smith with a matchup advantage passing using Kelce or Fasano or Harris or Charles or Bowe or even Davis as targets against one defender. Smith has the brain to find that guy quickly.THAT IS A NIGHTMARE FOR ANY TEAM. including SF. The Chiefs are for real.

I like what FOX Sports wrote today. The O line is suddenly at the top of the NFL in the run game. When you have a tandem like Charles and Davis, you can dictate the opposing defense. Then a three TE set and a threat of running leaves one on the outside because they have to keep one guy in the box. That leaves Smith with a matchup advantage passing using Kelce or Fasano or Harris or Charles or Bowe or even Davis as targets against one defender. Smith has the brain to find that guy quickly.THAT IS A NIGHTMARE FOR ANY TEAM. including SF. The Chiefs are for real.

I don't know who those people are playing on the o-line but I think we need to investigate.  Who are they and what have they done with the o-line from the preseason?  Cyborgs

I don't know who those people are playing on the o-line but I think we need to investigate.  Who are they and what have they done with the o-line from the preseason?  Cyborgs

For one thing, Fisher has gotten better by leaps and bounds with each game. The guy is going to be eventually worth the #1 pick in the draft. The other is Hudson. He QB's the O-line and has come into his own as one the best. The other guys are OK but are well coached and apparently smart and follow Hudson's instructions. The old vet they picked up who is playing for Allen is getting it done based on experience. But the main thing is that Charles can block, Sherman can block,Davis is learning to block, and all the TE's can block. The fact that the TE's can break off and be capable receivers at any time creates a very great dilemma for opposing defenses. They are in a "damned if they do and damned if they don't" situation. That's a nice place to be if you have a coach and QB who can exploit that uncertainty.

Hudson and Fisher are playing very good football.

I like Fulton, the rookie is doing his job and I have not heard his name during a single broadcast ( Okay, i do get beer during the game so I might have missed it)

The surprise is Harris and McGlynn.....These guys are doing much better than they were earlier in the year.

w

For one thing, Fisher has gotten better by leaps and bounds with each game. The guy is going to be eventually worth the #1 pick in the draft. The other is Hudson. He QB's the O-line and has come into his own as one the best. The other guys are OK but are well coached and apparently smart and follow Hudson's instructions. The old vet they picked up who is playing for Allen is getting it done based on experience. But the main thing is that Charles can block, Sherman can block,Davis is learning to block, and all the TE's can block. The fact that the TE's can break off and be capable receivers at any time creates a very great dilemma for opposing defenses. They are in a "damned if they do and damned if they don't" situation. That's a nice place to be if you have a coach and QB who can exploit that uncertainty.

So if Stevenson returns after his four game suspension, with the line get better?  It would be sad if he reclaims his starting spot and the line play doesn't equal last night's.

Archived