Nagy back

Makes you wonder if this time around EB is on a short leash and if they stumble again offensively he just gets fired and Nagy gets plugged in as OC

OR maybe the Chiefs knew this was coming and EBs contract basically says that either these two co-exist when it comes to running the offense/playcalling or straight up Andy/Pat have final say in that area...

3 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Good hire. He's overqualified for the job. Regardless of if we do or we don't reach our goal this season, he will be replacing EB this time next year.

I wonder what "senior assistant" is defined as?  He's overqualified for QB Coach, but he's going to be well beyond that based on titling.  I wonder if EB quietly feels the heat?

1 minute ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I wondered to myself if the senior assistant would be higher on the hierarchy than OC.

Be a good way of demoting Bienemy without the back lash. Might actually pop the big head of his if rumors were true.

This whole "who's really calling the offense" thing is tiresome. The buck stops with Reid. I know EB is supposedly calling the offense but he is a former RB and RB coach. I'm having trouble believing he doesn't like the run game.....so much so that he abandons it completely and causes us to lose an AFC title game. If true he should have been fired the next day.

1 hour ago, dhitter said:

This whole "who's really calling the offense" thing is tiresome. The buck stops with Reid. I know EB is supposedly calling the offense but he is a former RB and RB coach. I'm having trouble believing he doesn't like the run game.....so much so that he abandons it completely and causes us to lose an AFC title game. If true he should have been fired the next day.

I've wondered about that as well. I remember way back when he played. The whole situation is strange.

I don't remember that much about Nagy when he was here.

10 hours ago, qnet said:

I've wondered about that as well. I remember way back when he played. The whole situation is strange.

I don't remember that much about Nagy when he was here.

Alex Smith had the best season of his career with Nagy listed as the OC.  His only 4000 yd season and the only time he threw for more than 25tds in a season.  

Not much of a difference on a per game basis from when Nagy left and EB took over in the run game.  On a  per game basis KC ran it about it the same amount  compared to Nagys time here. 

Granted i know its stats only and it doesn't tell the whole story like the ebb n flow of in game situations but like you don't remember much about his time here.