Washington reportedly called the Chiefs about trading Mahomes

• The title was changed to Washington reportedly called the Chiefs about trading Mahomes

I really don’t see the issue.  He called every team to see.  Hey what would it take hypothetically.   Then you start building a base line for guys value in the area you can afford.   Also it’s possible to inquire about other areas of needs.    Don’t see the big deal here.

39 minutes ago, KC Warpaint said:

Let's flip the script...what would it take if some team was serious about trading for mahomes? Are We talking a Mike Ditka & Ricky Williams type set up or something else?

Couldn't happen.  Even with a Josh Allen or Herbert thrown in.  They wouldn't be in sync with Hill/Kelce and Mahomes wouldn't be up with new targets and coaches.  For a team with no elite QB to trade, there aren't enough draft picks to make up for the loss of a top QB.  The Chiefs are in position to compete every year and trading couldn't improve that.  

3 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

I really don’t see the issue.  He called every team to see.  Hey what would it take hypothetically.   Then you start building a base line for guys value in the area you can afford.   Also it’s possible to inquire about other areas of needs.    Don’t see the big deal here.

Why would teams volunteer what they’d pay though, unless they are actively looking to ditch? Kind of on Washington to come to the table with an offer if they initiate. “Hey, we will give you our entire draft the next five years for Mahomes”

If they are talking to every team about QBs, seems to signal the draft is a dud.

1 hour ago, reesebobby said:

What about this?  Mahomes, Sorenson and Niemann for the Commanders 1st and 2nd round pick for the next 7 years.  

Not for 14ow picks in each round woth mahomes as their qb, no way.

2 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

Why would teams volunteer what they’d pay though, unless they are actively looking to ditch? Kind of on Washington to come to the table with an offer if they initiate. “Hey, we will give you our entire draft the next five years for Mahomes”

If they are talking to every team about QBs, seems to signal the draft is a dud.

I just see a GM turning over every leaf.  There were rumors about EB, Reid, and Mahomes.  So why not make a call and see if there is anything too it.  I just don't see why people are dragging the Commanders GM over a phone call.   Not saying you are just in general of course.   That is true, not sure why Veach would do that.

15 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Could you imagine seeing breaking news scroll that says Patrick Mahomes traded to Washington for their next 75 1st round picks, 100 2nd round picks, and 357 3rd round picks 

So Mahomes leads Washington to success and all those first round picks are #30 or higher.  I'll pass.

I really do not think any of the teams are going to bite on trading 3 first round picks for an existing QB.  2 first rounders is about the top of what I see anyone doing.  Maybe add a player or a day 2 pick, but none of this 3 first rounder plus scenerios that everyone wants to say are going to happen.  Yes 3+ first round picks is what a team should ask to let a great franchise QB go.  I think you may see Rogers go for 2 ist rounders,  but if it is the Bronco's that take him,  I still do not think they are good enough to win the AFC West,  which means it would be a waste of their time and money.   They are in position to take Willis in the draft and my belief is that he is going to be a stud.  Watson is intriguing , but with his legal issues  he may be a guy that gets suspended an entire season.   I would love to see Rogers go to Denver, because I think that move ruins their chances to become an extremely dangerous team in the long term. 

As far as Mahomes goes,  I do not believe any team can realistically make an offer the Chiefs would even pause to consider.