Hill getting new contract?

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

If true I cant wait to read the details of this

REPORT: #Chiefs WR Tyreek Hill anticipated to sign a contract extension worth roughly $21.25M annually over four-years, per PFN.

If true, then it's probably bye bye HB.  Can't afford both before Clark is released.  

12 minutes ago, jetlord said:

If true, then it's probably bye bye HB.  Can't afford both before Clark is released.  

Why I think we back load it, get that FA WR and possibly one other needed spot too. Then go into a loaded draft for D line, CB and WR. WR is so deep I think we still pick one up to learn as the vet FA is a one year rental.

17 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

This will be an extension. Hills cap number can actually be reduced from over 20 mill to less than 8 this year.

Yeah, you're probably right.  I don't know that much about cap management.  It would seem that eventually the bills would become due. 

Sounds good to me. Lower tyreeks cap hit, locks him up for a few more prime years that lines up with kelces good years. Now bring in juju plus another wr and try to score 50 points a game for the next two seasons.

release frank clark, use money to sign a d lineman that actually does something, we are on the right track so far

13 hours ago, oldtimer said:

I had read somewhere there had been some "positive"  talks in that regard. The guy has been  in ZERO trouble and a legit super star. He's going to want to get paid this time and IMO he's earned it.

Super star. And for once, picking the right guy to pay. Not referring to veach, just the previous regime.

and a side note, I predict they let the badger walk. I don’t think veach will ever choose loyalty over responsibility. Not that I want to see the badger gone. I think he has a couple good years left. But they can’t give him what someone else will.

3 hours ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

Sounds good to me. Lower tyreeks cap hit, locks him up for a few more prime years that lines up with kelces good years. Now bring in juju plus another wr and try to score 50 points a game for the next two seasons.

Hill, JuJu, Hardman, Draftee, and maybe Pringle should give Mahomes enough targets along with Kelce and the RBs.   

22 hours ago, jetlord said:

Hill, JuJu, Hardman, Draftee, and maybe Pringle should give Mahomes enough targets along with Kelce and the RBs.   

I love this plan!   Draft a 1st or 2nd round guy that could push Hardman and even Juju for snaps and create some competition and depth.  Then that rookie wr could step up next year if we can only get Juju for a one year deal.  Financially that would be huge.   There are gonna be some studs at wr even at our 2nd round pick.