Hill getting new contract?

• 2 weeks later...

Guaranteed money for Adams is 67.5 from what I read on ESPN.

Also this was posted a day ago from Ian Rapaport

From Free Agency Frenzy: The #Chiefs don't have a lot of cap space... but could change with a phone call or two. They are deep in talks on a contract extension for WR Tyreek Hill that will get him more than $20M per year and give KC some breathing room. https://t.co/3g6Qy9TSXw

We had better pray that Hill is reasonable on the money he wants to get.  Considering the money that Adams got,  it is possible that Hill will ask for 5 years 130 million and whatever deal was on the table goes up in smoke in a big hurry.  I am worried that we end up with a stalemate and Tyreek holds out.  Jacksonville fucked up the market by overpaying for lesser talent at WR,  then Devonte Adams reset the top end of the market.  If Hill gets greedy and Veach draws a line in the sand on salary, we could not be transitioning from what appeared to be a deal,  to a potential holdout situation. 

lets not forget it has already been  speculated that his contract extension  was going to be roughly $21.25M annually over four-years, per PFN. I personally don't se how the numbers back then are THAT much different than what the new #'s might be. Hill aint Adams and if he wants that much trade his ass. certainly worth a  #1 & 3 pick at least

Definitely Hill should stay in town with a reasonable contract and based on his skills that would be under 22 million per year. Can't get caught up in the spending frenzy if we want to keep going for the SB. Unless there's an agreement within the next month I wouldn't mind trading Hill as suggested, would create a big hole to fill in draft/FA but that would be something to accept in order to remain a successful franchise. 

Unless he takes a very team friendly deal which i doubt,  he is going to get 25mill per.   Cost of WRs of his caliber and skill set are very unique and and probably going to approach 30 per in the next few years.  

I wouldn't wanna make that decision i just wonder what KCs breaking point would be where is the line. 

2 minutes ago, Okiechief1 said:

Unless he takes a very team friendly deal which i doubt,  he is going to get 25mill per.   Cost of WRs of his caliber and skill set are very unique and and probably going to approach 30 per in the next few years.  

I wouldn't wanna make that decision i just wonder what KCs breaking point would be where is the line

I guess thats the 25 mil question/ $21.25 seems a bargain but 28 not so much. He's due  21.8 this next year and certainly shows no decline, has gotten in no trouble nor has  a history of injury problems. hard to argue with 25

7 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I guess thats the 25 mil question/ $21.25 seems a bargain but 28 not so much. He's due  21.8 this next year and certainly shows no decline, has gotten in no trouble nor has  a history of injury problems. hard to argue with 25

Not to mention there is no receiver in the NFL that's a more perfect match for Pat's skillset.  

8 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

That's why i said i wouldn't wanna make that decision cause you got a HOF trio.   

2 hours ago, xen said:

Not to mention there is no receiver in the NFL that's a more perfect match for Pat's skillset.  

That's a big point.  Hill is worth a lot more to the Chiefs than he would be to most other teams.  They can't pay hmi Adams type money.

2 hours ago, oldtimer said:

In a traditional sense 25 is too much but if they go with lower guarantees there's no problem with huge payout in a backloaded deal where he would have to earn his keep every single season. Realistically Hill should be happy to get something around 20-22 with high guarantees as opposed to an inflated deal that doesn't mean much similar to Adams. 

25 minutes ago, sith13 said:

He would be 31 by then so I doubt he would go for it. If we tag Hill we'll likely have to pay him big or trade him for a lesser value. 

A tagged devonte  was a lot less than his contract average. If we did this for 2 years and possibly kept him the 2nd one to play or be traded he would be 30/31 and possibly on downhill point of his career 

Isn't it likely that Hill has at least a verbal agreement before the Chiefs spent on JuJu?  Veach probably knew exactly was the remaining cap space would be after tagging Brown, replacing HB, and reworking Clark.  Don't think he would have made the moves without a deal with Hill penciled in. 

15 hours ago, kkuenn said:

A tagged devonte  was a lot less than his contract average. If we did this for 2 years and possibly kept him the 2nd one to play or be traded he would be 30/31 and possibly on downhill point of his career 

Hill is much more valuable than the tag so we definitely would save a lot of money but not sure if an unhappy Hill will be as productive. If there is such a conflict between the Chiefs and Hill I think trading him sooner would maximize the value while saving us a lot of headache. 

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

Hill is much more valuable than the tag so we definitely would save a lot of money but not sure if an unhappy Hill will be as productive. If there is such a conflict between the Chiefs and Hill I think trading him sooner would maximize the value while saving us a lot of headache. 

Oh, I agree. Thing is we have options if Hill demands 26 mil a year or something like that