HB for what it's worth

8 minutes ago, SEMO said:

They could probably get Quandre Diggs for 3/27MM.  Similar player/leader.  29 years old, but cheaper then HB.

He'd be a decent replacement. Hope Thornhill really turns is up this year if HB is gone. Safety may become a huge weakness against some damn good QBs in the AFC.

3 hours ago, DieHard said:

If we can get a good safety that can play slot, deep, rush the passer, box safety and emotional leader of the D, we will be fine.  But that is what we are losing. Our safeties are not very good. Thornhill is average at best. Dan and Watts are not starters. So financially we are better off without him, but not on the field. He is a damn good safety. I am not saying give him a big contract, but I find it hard to say honestly he is not a big loss.

Thing is, was he all these at the end of the year? What I saw was him bitching out players when they missed assignments only to just put his hands on the hip when he did it himself. He was physically shying away from contact and seemed to have slowed a step. Being smart is great and understanding the defense, but if he can't get to his spots in time to make tackles.....well that is a waste then.

22 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

He'd be a decent replacement. Hope Thornhill really turns is up this year if HB is gone. Safety may become a huge weakness against some damn good QBs in the AFC.

Thornhill is the only safety under contract that has played.  Maybe Watt could be resigned, but he hasn't grown since his rookie year.  So drafting an instant starter (I'm starting to like Hill more all the time for this) and getting a mid level FA would be the minimum for the Chiefs.  If all the top tier Edges are gone when the Chiefs pick in the first round, then Hill would make sense.  Fast, versatile, and a tackler  Don't know about his field leadership or smarts. 

1 hour ago, DieHard said:

He had one year in Houston, 4 in AZ and 3 in KC. I don’t know about transformational, but definitely one of the most versatile safeties. And I agree that we can’t break the bank for him. Pretty durable also with missing only 1 start in the last five years. He should get paid somewhere.

The “Madden 99 Club Perception” of him with casual fans is where that perception comes into play.

I'm curious if HB lost a step or made the decision to shy away from contact since it was a contract year.  We didn't extend, so he wasn't going to risk his next 4 years and hedged on his leadership skills to get paid. Be interesting to watch how he plays next year regardless where.

5 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Thornhill is the only safety under contract that has played.  Maybe Watt could be resigned, but he hasn't grown since his rookie year.  So drafting an instant starter (I'm starting to like Hill more all the time for this) and getting a mid level FA would be the minimum for the Chiefs.  If all the top tier Edges are gone when the Chiefs pick in the first round, then Hill would make sense.  Fast, versatile, and a tackler  Don't know about his field leadership or smarts. 

This reads like Dirty Dan will be brought back on the cheap.

3 hours ago, kkuenn said:

Thing is, was he all these at the end of the year? What I saw was him bitching out players when they missed assignments only to just put his hands on the hip when he did it himself. He was physically shying away from contact and seemed to have slowed a step. Being smart is great and understanding the defense, but if he can't get to his spots in time to make tackles.....well that is a waste then.

I agree. HB wasn’t the same last year. Left a lot to be desired. Made a lot of mistakes himself

40 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Thank you for not mentioning bringing back S*&^$%son

2 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

The “Madden 99 Club Perception” of him with casual fans is where that perception comes into play.

So I am a casual fan and he didn’t play all those positions, he didn’t miss only 1 start? Or he didn’t play on those teams? Exactly which of those documented facts are my casual fan perception. 

I’m all for letting HB test the waters. As others have said not over ally impressed with his play. He brains will be missed but I’d much rather have the keys given to young guys and let them roll. There will be mistakes but there will also be some plays. 
I’d like to see a nasty physical saftey. 

1 hour ago, Holmes4six! said:

I’m all for letting HB test the waters. As others have said not over ally impressed with his play. He brains will be missed but I’d much rather have the keys given to young guys and let them roll. There will be mistakes but there will also be some plays. 
I’d like to see a nasty physical saftey

one that will actually tackle instead of going for the forced fumble like HB did so much.

2 minutes ago, NCK Chiefs Fan said:

one that will actually tackle instead of going for the forced fumble like HB did so much.

That’s right. Or one that doesn’t throw his arms in the air looking around. Man that bugs me. 
Let’s get a young Rodney Harrison and let’s  see if anyone wants to come across the middle. 

4 hours ago, DieHard said:

So I am a casual fan and he didn’t play all those positions, he didn’t miss only 1 start? Or he didn’t play on those teams? Exactly which of those documented facts are my casual fan perception. 

I was referring to the transformational perception people have, not your perception. Madden literally had him as a 99 overall rated player in the game preseason. There are very few players given that “perfect” rating. People comment on social media that HB is literally the best safety in the league.

If we don’t get the Safety we want, we will likely move Sneed into that spot. I honestly think Sneed was drafted to take HB’s slot. Will then be looking to get a FA corner. Also a much deeper draft for CB’s this year. Sneed is an above average corner but could develop into an exceptional safety. If Ward leaves, Fenton could be our only experienced CB on the roster. This could get interesting.

23 minutes ago, Dan4pres said:

If we don’t get the Safety we want, we will likely move Sneed into that spot. I honestly think Sneed was drafted to take HB’s slot. Will then be looking to get a FA corner. Also a much deeper draft for CB’s this year. Sneed is an above average corner but could develop into an exceptional safety. If Ward leaves, Fenton could be our only experienced CB on the roster. This could get interesting.

Sneed is a fantastic corner. 

2 hours ago, Dan4pres said:

Moving Sneed creates a whole new hole to fill. Unless Sneed is an all-pro Safety prospect at this point I wouldn't worry about moving him and just try to find a definitive answer while he focuses on improving even more at CB.

10 hours ago, Thegoatee said:

I was referring to the transformational perception people have, not your perception. Madden literally had him as a 99 overall rated player in the game preseason. There are very few players given that “perfect” rating. People comment on social media that HB is literally the best safety in the league.

People also comment on social media that there is reptiles masquerading as humans trying to infiltrate our government and subjugate our race. 

https://www.vox.com/2014/11/5/7158371/lizard-people-conspiracy-theory-explainer

4 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

People also comment on social media that there is reptiles masquerading as humans trying to infiltrate our government and subjugate our race. 

https://www.vox.com/2014/11/5/7158371/lizard-people-conspiracy-theory-explainer

Don't post that in the LR.  Stubby will autobelieve anything and I don't want to have to sift through 80 posts about lizard people.

18 minutes ago, xen said:

Don't post that in the LR.  Stubby will autobelieve anything and I don't want to have to sift through 80 posts about lizard people.

Nah.  Stubby's distracted by the Wilson to Donks trade and predicting four straight SBs for Denver.